X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Feelin like a Jets fan!

Ok let me set this up. We send a couple of weeks planing a draft party, most of us working several months working on draft boards. So we are at the bowling ally, clump has wriiten his pick on a sheet of paper, philster had the printed sheet for the 7,500 zonebucks offered on the site to who ever picks our No#1 pick (needless to say the money is safe and sound). The room quites Berman starts to talk, the TV flashes to McGahee, back to Pauly T. Then BAM, WACK, SMACK at the ally, through out the country, Bills fans all of the world are reduced to nothing more the draft day New York Jets fan. I had always laughed at them before during and after the draft! To this I'm sorry and promise never to do it again.

Don't get me wrong, he will PROBABLY (i hope his third operation works and will last) be a good to great RB, BUUUTT we just extended T. Henry, brought in a good backup, so our priority was at any other position on the field. Hell a TE at #1 would have made more sense! I also told some of the folks on the way to Rochester for party II that we should have taken Weathersby in round 2. Why not, first knee problems to mend, and gunshot wounds to heel. It would have made a GREAT story, wouldn't it?

Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Weathersby is still on the board
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• kgun12
      • Jul 2002

I know, I know. We can have a new slogan, The Buffalo Bills, the hospital of the Stars!
      USAF VETERAN
      DAV

Comment

• HotRod
        Addicted to squares...
        • Oct 2002

"Feeling like a Jet fan". I thought this thread would be about the commercial where someone is talking about the draft and says that the only thing that is certain is that "Jet fans will hate their picks".

Comment

• Bert102176
          • Aug 2002

well that commercial is bogus cause the Jets fans cheered their 1st pick
          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Bert102176
            • Aug 2002

I like McGahee but I think we screwed up drafting him
            lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bert102176
              I like McGahee but I think we screwed up drafting him
              That's the way I feel. It wouldn't matter if he was 100% healthy and never had a knee injury, I don't like the pick. I think RB is the ONLY position we had that did not need to be addressed. We have a pro bowl starter and a damn fine back up. There isn't another position on this team we can say that about! NOT ONE!
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

Working...
              X