X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Encouraging Pommers News

In other Sabres news, the team is continuing to negotiate a long-term contract extension with winger Jason Pominville.

“[Completing a deal] before training camp is what we’re working on,” agent Normand Dupont said by phone from Laval, Quebec. “That’s the goal. They’ve lost a few good players the last couple years but they’ve moved to signing guys to long-term contracts. We hope they can do that with Jason.”

“We’re definitely talking,” Quinn said. “We just want to give it the time it takes and not put any dates on it.”

Pominville, Buffalo’s second-leading scorer and a Lady Byng Trophy nominee last season, is entering the final year of his contract that will pay $1.375 million this year. He will be a restricted free agent for the 2009-10 season.

Git er done.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Encouraging Pommers News

According to those here Quinn is probably trying to sabotage this so it doesn't happen....

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

let's hope he is signed by the start of the season.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

Cause Quinn is invovlved makes me believe that it is taking so long cause of him
        I think Quinn screwed up when he was here before Golisano, and now according to Bucky Gleason and the many times he has challenged Larry was also instrumental in other key players being lost Campbell, Drury, Grier etc

Just sayin i think Pommers will get done, but i still cant stand the man (quinn)
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

Until it's done this means nothing. And the Sabres are complete failures until they reach the conference finals again.

D & S Sports

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            According to those here Quinn is probably trying to sabotage this so it doesn't happen....
            I doubt that he would sabotage it but considering his history, he has a good chance of ****ing it up like he always does.
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• mchurchfie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
              And the Sabres are complete failures until they reach the conference finals again.
              I hope you are just being sarcastic, I'll watch my Sabres no matter what.
              My Band
              daveviterna.com

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                I hope you are just being sarcastic, I'll watch my Sabres no matter what.
                Yes, I was being sarcastic.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

I would call this "not discouraging", but it is not really encouraging unless there is positive progress.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                    • Jul 2002

At least both sides are talking and having positive dialogue by the sounds of it unlike the Jason Peter's cluster****.
                    My Band
                    daveviterna.com

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                      In other Sabres news, the team is continuing to negotiate a long-term contract extension with winger Jason Pominville.

“[Completing a deal] before training camp is what we’re working on,” agent Normand Dupont said by phone from Laval, Quebec. “That’s the goal. They’ve lost a few good players the last couple years but they’ve moved to signing guys to long-term contracts. We hope they can do that with Jason.”

“We’re definitely talking,” Quinn said. “We just want to give it the time it takes and not put any dates on it.”

Pominville, Buffalo’s second-leading scorer and a Lady Byng Trophy nominee last season, is entering the final year of his contract that will pay $1.375 million this year. He will be a restricted free agent for the 2009-10 season.

Git er done.
                      Look for a deal to be done on the 19th or 20th I just have a gut feeling that this has something to do with "PuckDrop"which is on the 20th.

think about it,

they sign Pominville to a long term deal on either the 19th or Early morning of the 20th., then the Sabres announce they signed Pominville to a long term deal on the 20th, they unveil the new 3rd jerseys and then everyone will want to buy a Pominville jersey. but it's the perfect way to lure people to buy a new jersey.

the 20th is when the Sabres hit the ice for the first time in an open practice for the first practice and it's FREE and open to the public.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Until it's done this means nothing. And the Sabres are complete failures until they reach the conference finals again.
                        Damn right
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• SabreEleven
                          • Aug 2002

You might trying to be sarcastic but it is also true....I still won't stop watching though.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                            Look for a deal to be done on the 19th or 20th I just have a gut feeling that this has something to do with "PuckDrop"which is on the 20th.

think about it,

they sign Pominville to a long term deal on either the 19th or Early morning of the 20th., then the Sabres announce they signed Pominville to a long term deal on the 20th, they unveil the new 3rd jerseys and then everyone will want to buy a Pominville jersey. but it's the perfect way to lure people to buy a new jersey.

the 20th is when the Sabres hit the ice for the first time in an open practice for the first practice and it's FREE and open to the public.
                            Are you for real? Seriously? You believe this?

Comment

• SabreEleven
                              • Aug 2002

I believe this part.

Comment

Working...
                              X