PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper Retires

Pinkerton Security
09-04-2008, 11:16 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3569109

My favorite part of his email he wrote is as follows:

"The NFL has become more about power, money and control than passion, competition and the love of the game. Regardless of this shift, players' rights are still supposed to be part of this league. Since I will not be given the opportunity to honor the memory of Gene Upshaw by wearing a patch on my uniform this year, I will instead spend some of my energy applying what he taught me about standing up for what is right and not sitting down for what is clearly wrong.''

I gained a lot of respect for the dude after hating on him all these years. I wish him luck and am glad he never panned out in Miami bc he was way solid before that :D:

THATHURMANATOR
09-04-2008, 11:24 AM
I will always have a special place in my heart for Daunte as he carried my fantasy team to my only league championship in my ultra competitive league with my buddies!!!

DAUNTE!!!!

Stewie
09-04-2008, 11:25 AM
he'll be back if someone wants him back.

I think he jumped the gun by not waiting a few more weeks. Several QB's will be injured in the next 30 days.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-04-2008, 11:30 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3569109

My favorite part of his email he wrote is as follows:

"The NFL has become more about power, money and control than passion, competition and the love of the game. Regardless of this shift, players' rights are still supposed to be part of this league. Since I will not be given the opportunity to honor the memory of Gene Upshaw by wearing a patch on my uniform this year, I will instead spend some of my energy applying what he taught me about standing up for what is right and not sitting down for what is clearly wrong.''

I gained a lot of respect for the dude after hating on him all these years. I wish him luck and am glad he never panned out in Miami bc he was way solid before that :D:

we wont be seeing FTP for a while..his lover man just retired.

trapezeus
09-04-2008, 11:32 AM
this smacks of needing attention. i agree. in a few weeks some one will be desperate enough. if vinny testeverde gets a call by carolina last year, surely some one takes a flier on him.

THATHURMANATOR
09-04-2008, 11:33 AM
he'll be back if someone wants him back.

I think he jumped the gun by not waiting a few more weeks. Several QB's will be injured in the next 30 days.
Seriously.

Kerr
09-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Now Culpepper can join the Happy Hands club.

lordofgun
09-04-2008, 02:06 PM
I think the reason he hasn't been signed is not for lack of ability, but that he's a major head case.

justasportsfan
09-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Someone should run to FH to see if there's another Dear Daunte love letter from FTP.

realdealryan
09-04-2008, 03:20 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...Nobody wants me - I quit!

Bill Brasky
09-04-2008, 03:23 PM
I will instead spend some of my energy applying what he taught me about standing up for what is right and not sitting down for what is clearly wrong.

like the asinine ticket and concession costs the average fan has to pay as a result of your grotesque salary for throwing an inflatable ball?

VeggieMan14
09-04-2008, 03:54 PM
It is a sad day in history for FTP :snicker:

casdhf
09-04-2008, 04:04 PM
well, he was all hart, bros

Bunnerjk
09-04-2008, 04:04 PM
He's nothing without Randy Moss!!!!!!!!

gr8slayer
09-04-2008, 04:40 PM
FTP is probably trying to slice his wrists as we speak.

don137
09-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Thank goodness the fins chose to trade for him instead of signing Drew Brees as a free agent.