X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Crowell

I know im giving the negative nancies a chance to tee off here, but is anyone else concerned that Crowell hasnt really played at all this preseason? Im worried that he wont have his footwork up to par, or be well conditioned. Hes also missed time to gel with Poz and Mitchell. Nobody has really discussed Crowells situation this offseason. What gives?
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Crowell

He's also not in practice today.

Crowell's one of the more solid players on our team so I'm not as worried as I'd be if it were one of the younger guys (assuming he plays). But not practicing certainly doesn't help.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• cocamide
      • Oct 2006

I think when it comes to vets that have proved they can play well, it's not as much of an issue to get a lot of time in the preseason. It would've been nice to have him out there, but I think he'll be fine. I'm more worried that his knee could start swelling again and he'll miss more time. But, if he's out there, he'll be fine.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

All I know is that he seems to have a knee problem, perhaps a chronic problem that produced a lot of swelling - and caused him to miss a lot of time - in the preseason.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          All I know is that he seems to have a knee problem, perhaps a chronic problem that produced a lot of swelling - and caused him to miss a lot of time - in the preseason.
          that could be a problem because it could limit his conditioning. For someone as experienced as Crowell, missing some practices won't hurt that much, but not being in shape will be detrimental.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

I really think the knee problems is one reason he might not be back next year.

Why give him $25 million (or more) over 5 years if he has these problems?
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
              that could be a problem because it could limit his conditioning. For someone as experienced as Crowell, missing some practices won't hurt that much, but not being in shape will be detrimental.
              Right. Thats my biggest concern. It can take time to get your footwork to return after not being active for month. The thought of him just suiting up and jumping right into the line up doesnt sit well with me.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                Right. Thats my biggest concern. It can take time to get your footwork to return after not being active for month. The thought of him just suiting up and jumping right into the line up doesnt sit well with me.
                well, you can stop worrying- sort of. Crowell's out, per v-text and link on bb.com. Now we just have to hope DiGiorgio or Ellison are ready to step up.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

Crowell getting his knee scoped out indefintly
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                    • Apr 2005