X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Here's Some Irony!

Sheldon Brown sees Lito Sheppard's new agent, Drew Rosenhaus, as a villain, and the Eagles' starting right cornerback unleashed a verbal assault on the high-profile agent before practice.

"I think sometimes agents can ruin players' careers," Brown said. "And what I mean by that is we have an agent who has four players who are disappointed with the way their deal is, and we're going into Week 1, and nobody has accomplished anything with those players."

It gets better. "If you know the guy's track record and what he brings to the table, it's more of a disappointing thing for me that [Rosenhaus] enticed [Sheppard] to sign with him thinking he could get a deal done," Brown said. "Agents don't get a deal done. The player gets the deal done. Yeah, he put [Sheppard] in a tough spot, but at the end of the day, that's something he has to deal with."

(Adopted from Philadelphia Inquirer)
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Re: Here's Some Irony!

Here's Sheppard's Pathetic Response:

Sheppard might not have known that Rosenhaus was going to do that ahead of time, but yesterday he certainly knew what happened. He clearly did not care.

"I ain't got no problem with nothing [Rosenhaus] does," Sheppard said when ask directly if he thought his agent had overstepped his bounds.

At another point, Sheppard said: "I back Drew, whatever he does and however he does it. Otherwise I wouldn't have hired him."

Sheppard only cares about one thing, and it's not Brown or the Eagles ...

Again, I believe Sheppard didn't create this situation. Rosenhaus did. But a true teammate, a friend, would have told Brown: "Hey man, I'm sorry my agent got you mixed up in this. He shouldn't have went there."

Sheppard gave no indication that kind of thought had even entered his mind. Clearly, the only thing that matters to him is that Rosenhaus either gets him a better contract with the Eagles or gets him traded to a team willing to give him one.

If a teammate, friend or someone who is supposed to be both gets demeaned during the process, so be it.

"I have no control over how [Rosenhaus] forms his argument about my situation," Sheppard said. "Stats are stats. It is what it is. If it takes him to say stuff like that, then obviously, he feels like it's a point to be made.

Comment

Working...
    X