Ian Gold, LB
Rocky Boiman, LB
Brad Kassell, LB
Rob Morris, LB
Robert Reynolds, LB
Donnie Spragan, LB

historypete
09-04-2008, 04:58 PM
I'd take a shot at Colvin. He originally was a 4-3 LB and I think would be a decent fit in that scheme.

gr8slayer
09-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Posluszny to OLB (where his sorry ass belongs) and Digiorgio to MLB.

Devin
I guess given whats out there hes probably the best choice.

Man this is ugly.

chubluv
Donnie Spragan? Because he knows the system. :idunno:

The Spaz
09-04-2008, 05:00 PM

Where his sorry ass belongs? Go root for Dallas and leave these boards.

pintonick96
09-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Rob Morris was pretty good with the Colts.

historypete
09-04-2008, 05:02 PM

I think he is more suited for MLB rather than OLB

Owen DeBoard
Colvin played the cover 2 with the bears and was a very good linebacker in it.

Mahdi
Who do you think we should sign?

Rosevelt Colvin, LB
Ian Gold, LB
Rocky Boiman, LB
Brad Kassell, LB
Rob Morris, LB
Robert Reynolds, LB
Donnie Spragan, LB
I like Morris as a run stuffer and Gold as a pursuit guy. Both have cover 2 experience.

gr8slayer
09-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Where his sorry ass belongs? Go root for Dallas and leave these boards.
I already do, but that doesn't change the fact that Posluszny has no business being an MLB in a C2 defense anyway and would be much more effective as an OLB.

The Spaz
09-04-2008, 05:04 PM
I already do, but that doesn't change the fact that Posluszny has no business being an MLB in a C2 defense anyway and would be much more effective as an OLB.

So why are you hear?

Mr. Pink
09-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Out of that list I think Ian Gold and Rosie Colvin would be the best fits.

I would prefer Gold over Colvin but I wouldn't complain if we did go out and get either one.

I'm willing to bet we get neither though and we see Keith Ellison starting.

The Spaz
09-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Out of that list I think Ian Gold and Rosie Colvin would be the best fits.

I would prefer Gold over Colvin but I wouldn't complain if we did go out and get either one.

I'm willing to bet we get neither though and we see Keith Ellison starting.

I agree on Gold as well.

gr8slayer
09-04-2008, 05:08 PM
So why are you hear?
I'm "HERE" because I choose to root for an AFC team (Buffalo) and an NFC team (Dallas). If you have a problem with it I really don't give two ****s.

DraftBoy
09-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Gold or Colvin are the obvious choices but Id like Morris in the middle if it moves Poz to a better spot for him on the outside, which I think would be better for him.

Mr. Pink
09-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Gold or Colvin are the obvious choices but Id like Morris in the middle if it moves Poz to a better spot for him on the outside, which I think would be better for him.

The FO shoulda done what we were hoping for before the FA period!

Signed Boss Bailey!

Wally The Barber
09-04-2008, 05:11 PM
you pick...

gr8slayer
09-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Digiorgio > Morris, move Posluszny where he belongs to the outside and we're solid again.

Tatonka
09-04-2008, 05:13 PM

i agree.

Tatonka
09-04-2008, 05:14 PM
colvin would be the best option if your looking for a strong side linebacker to come into tha spot without moving anyone else.

i think that kiwi or pos could both play ss lb though.

The Spaz
09-04-2008, 05:15 PM
For better or worse the Bills are saying you are not going to **** with us and hold us hostage.

gr8slayer
09-04-2008, 05:18 PM
For better or worse the Bills are saying you are not going to **** with us and hold us hostage.
What the **** are you talking about? Who is holding us hostage?

The Spaz
09-04-2008, 05:19 PM
What the **** are you talking about? Who is holding us hostage?

Have you not been following? Peters wants money and now Crowell.

gr8slayer
09-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Have you not been following? Peters wants money and now Crowell.
Where do you get that Crowell is hurt because of money?

The Spaz
09-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Where do you get that Crowell is hurt because of money?

Maybe not money related but he sure ****ed us. Seems pretty intentional too waiting until 3 days before the opener.

Wally The Barber
09-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Sorry ass........hummm!

Mahdi
09-04-2008, 05:24 PM
i agree.
Dont agree... Puz is bigger and stronger and you need that in a MLB to stuff the run. Ellison has good instincts and he has great speed. I dont think the fall off will be that bad.

Plus I think Puz is the most cerebral out of all our LBs which is crucial in a C2

patmoran2006
09-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Poz going outside isn't happening.

Like it or not, Ellison is starting and they will sign a OLB to back him up, probably bring Spragan back.

Mitchell55
09-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Tony Gilbert
Randall Godfrey
Odell Thurman- long shot.
Jeramiah Trotter
Roosevelt Colvin
Ian Gold
Rocky Boiman

This isnt for starting, but a solid back up would be nice. This is also from walter football, so I dont know how recent it is. I would like Trotter, Godfrey, or Gold.

Mr. Pink
09-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Already a thread on this, but you had to start your own?

realdealryan
09-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Nope. The Colts were pretty good and he was also on the roster.

patmoran2006
09-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Maybe not money related but he sure ****ed us. Seems pretty intentional too waiting until 3 days before the opener.
LOL>

Yeah he intentionally screwed himself out a potential Calvin Pace-like contract next offseason from a stupid team like the Raiders or the Falcons..

Absurd man.. Absurd.

Bmax
09-04-2008, 06:12 PM

Yor kidding right .. Wow what are u like 10 years old or something.. Just pick one .. A team of integrity ..

Not trying to be rude .. I just don't get it ..Man i must be getting old.. Nurse Where is my Lime Jello

Bmax

Bmax
09-04-2008, 06:16 PM
oops i was talking about the guy that picked two teams to root for Slayer...

Man i have got to learn how to use this internet thing... Maybe i will call John Mccain..

Life was so simple when we just had Radio's and typewriters.

Bmax

Mitchell55
09-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Already a thread on this, but you had to start your own?

Didnt see it on the 1st page.

patmoran2006
09-04-2008, 06:23 PM
we ain't signing anyone of significance.

Ellison will start, and a backup will be signed, who can play ST because Ellision is now unlikely to play ST.

realdealryan
09-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Where's Jeff Posey?!?

Nighthawk
09-04-2008, 06:29 PM

No way in hell I want DiGiorgio starting...he's not that good!

Nighthawk
09-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I'd sign Colvin...he'd bring a different element to this LB group. That being said, I doubt this moronic organization signs anybody significant.

hydro
09-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Yes because Colvin is a god send that EVERYONE is over looking. Yet he is still on the market why?

Nighthawk
09-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Yes because Colvin is a god send that EVERYONE is over looking. Yet he is still on the market why?

Funny thing is...he's better than all of our backups. Nobody is saying he is the next coming of LT, but he's a lot better than DiGiorgio, Ellison or Corto!

hydro
09-04-2008, 06:44 PM
I am all for Digi in the middle and Poz on the outside even though it would never happen. I am still not convinced Poz is a MLB in a Cover 2. Digi did fine last year and he has better coverage skills.

Bmax
09-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Sign Colvin...

Bmax

Nighthawk
09-04-2008, 06:46 PM
I am all for Digi in the middle and Poz on the outside even though it would never happen. I am still not convinced Poz is a MLB in a Cover 2. Digi did fine last year and he has better coverage skills.

Digi was horrible...but people feel like he played well. He only made tackles 10 yards down the field. There is not a capable backup LB on this team that can step in and be efficient.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Sign Colvin...

Bmax

We can use truth serum on him and learn the secrets of the Pats.

Nighthawk
09-04-2008, 06:53 PM
We can use truth serum on him and learn the secrets of the Pats.

Yeah, that's a bonus!:D:

Kerr
09-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Boss Bailey or Rosy Colvin. They both played for dickie.

SpillerThrills
09-04-2008, 07:25 PM
I don't care who it is.... just sign someone decent!!!!!

tampabay25690
09-04-2008, 08:28 PM

I agree with you 100%%%%%%

bigbub2352
09-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Gold or Morris
Knowing our team we will promote from within and add yet another tiny LBer to the squad in Buggs
Man this sucks
i think Poz can move to the outside and start Dig in the middle, i think that optmizes the talent on the D, cause Ellison sucks he can be a nickel Lber thats about it

jimbohastle51
09-04-2008, 10:20 PM
gold retired last month and colvin would be nice and probably love to play against the pats 2wice a year but there is a reason houston cut him, and i dont think it is performance. he has had a couple big injuries and i dont think he is that healthy. healthy enough to suit up.... probably but healthy enough to bang for 16 games probably not. spragan would be my guess but i would still think ellison starts. spragan would be a cheap special teamer that can play if needed.

DrGraves
09-04-2008, 10:25 PM
LAVARRRR ARRINGTONNNNN!!! WHAT A BEAST

gr8slayer
09-04-2008, 11:18 PM
LAVARRRR ARRINGTONNNNN!!! WHAT A BEAST
Yeah, but he's from Penn State :limp: :D

gr8slayer
09-04-2008, 11:19 PM
colvin would be the best option if your looking for a strong side linebacker to come into tha spot without moving anyone else.

i think that kiwi or pos could both play ss lb though.
Yeah, let's pick up a guy who within the last six months got cut from the Patriots and the Texans (who are hurting for LB's). Yay mediocrity! Posluszny (OLB) > Colvin

Mr. Pink
09-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Yeah, let's pick up a guy who within the last six months got cut from the Patriots and the Texans (who are hurting for LB's). Yay mediocrity! Posluszny (OLB) > Colvin

Colvin > Costanzo

That's all I care about right now.

Hell, I'd be open to bringing in Arrington to see what he has after the ACL injury.

Maybe he can, maybe he can't...but he sure as hell will offer more than Costanzo if he can.

Ickybaluky
09-05-2008, 04:32 AM
Gold retired because he didn't want to play anymore. He could have signed a deal, but he decided he didn't want to play.

Colvin can't run well enough anymore to play in a Tampa-2. Hip and foot injuries have taken their toll.

Rob Morris suffered an severe knee injury a year ago. He tore mulitiple ligaments, including his ACL. He is done.

The thing that really hurts about the timing is Ryan Nece was available a few days ago. He was an experienced Tampa-2 LB, but Detroit claimed him.

X-Era
09-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Who do you think we should sign?

Rosevelt Colvin, LB
Ian Gold, LB
Rocky Boiman, LB
Brad Kassell, LB
Rob Morris, LB
Robert Reynolds, LB
Donnie Spragan, LB

Why not Victor Hobson?

Ickybaluky
09-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Why not Victor Hobson?

He can't run either, not a good fit for what they do.

To be honest, I don't think this is as big a blow as people are making it out to be. Crowell is a good player, but the Tampa-2 defense is built around the front 4, those are the key guys. If they can penetrate and pressure the QB they will force turnovers, which is what the defense is designed to do.

Would they be better with Crowell? Sure, but he wouldn't be as big a loss as Stroud or Schobel.

This is a tough time of year to be looking for guys, since everyone already had a couple days to pick through cuts.

As for available LB:

Warrick Holdman is listed as a FA, but he suffered a back injury with Denver last year that led to his release. I imagine that is why he hasn't signed anywhere. He does have background with Dick Jauron from Chicago.

Lemar Marshall is out there. He suffered an achilles injury with the Bengals a year ago, so he probably isn't the same anymore. Prior to the injury, he was a good fit for the Bills style of defense.

Caleb Miller is out there. He was decent with the Bengals in 2006 and is a good fit in a Tampa-2. He struggled with injuries in his career, but is still young (28) and has a good talent level.

Keith Adams is out there, but he is more a strong ST'er who probably wouldn't be an upgrade to Ellison. He can run, though.

eyedog
09-05-2008, 07:14 AM
Well if you can get pressure with your front four it doesn't really matter what defense you play.
Unfortunately that doesn't happen much in Buffalo the last ten years. They like to draft cb's every year.
Did you see any pressure on Brady last season from the Bills ? No I didn't either.

jpdex12
09-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Gonna have to suck it up this year like we did last year and draft Laurenitis in the Spring!

THATHURMANATOR
09-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Digiorgio > Morris, move Posluszny where he belongs to the outside and we're solid again.
This seems most sensible to me. I like Digiorgio.

justasportsfan
09-05-2008, 09:31 AM
This seems most sensible to me. I like Digiorgio.
With a few days left before the game, Ellison is more ready than Dig since Ellison has been playing that position the entire offseason.

ratso
09-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Colvin was signed by the Texans a week ago.....

Lets keep up people........

gr8slayer
09-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Colvin was signed by the Texans a week ago.....

Lets keep up people........
No, he was cut a week ago.