Can we cut Crowell and use the money for somebody that wants to play??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Can we cut Crowell and use the money for somebody that wants to play??

If so, let's go get Boldin and a scrap LB.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Can we cut Crowell and use the money for somebody that wants to play??

Or here's an idea, let's quit screwing our players and start paying them.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
      Who screwed who here? Crowell is the one who waited 3 days before the opener to have surgery.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

It shouldn't be hard to sign Crowell, top SLB's typically don't get huge paydays.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

Ignore Gr8 hes a lost Sole

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

I would not to resign him for very much anyway. Crowell is not dependable due to being very injury prone. Injuries is one thing I am worried about Poz too.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

At the very least, after this stunt, Crowell should not be re-signed. OLBs are not that hard to replace, either via the draft or FA. I'd let him walk.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                At the very least, after this stunt, Crowell should not be re-signed. OLBs are not that hard to replace, either via the draft or FA. I'd let him walk.
                Can we use his $ to resign another player?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

huh?

Like Schobel? Kelsay? Butler? Williams? Moorman?

I am not saying they are paying the right ones (another argument), but to say they don't pay at all is ignoring tons of facts.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Marvelous
                    • Feb 2004

--AGREED

-say what ya want Zoners, but The Bills dropped the ball with Peters.. There was no excuse to not have him LOCKED! He's the best player on our team..

---I was rewatching some games & since the Peters holdout i was focusing on him during plays instead of following the ball & he DOMINATED every RE we faced... He was rarely beat...Not just size or strength, but he has awesome ATHLETIC ability....No suprprise because when he was drafted i recall be all amped up because we drafted a 300+ pound TE who could run really fast and had agility.. Years later he is in shape & is top 3 or top 5 lineman in the league....... AND the elite or elite lineman positions!!!! LT!!! i DON'T UNDERSTAND.. Most teams rarely get a star LT & we got one and yet again we eithe rlowball him or put it off till last minute and said players either start a rucus or they walk..PigPat William,,Winfield,,Clements(agreed too much$),,Jonas Jennings etc etc,,,Pat Williams was a superstar NT at the time and what a suprise that our run D was in the bottom 5 from then till now.......

----Peters is wrong but the Bills created the situation with our best player..wtf?
                    POSTIVE TALK Pos talk!!! kickoff....

Seattle is dead!
                    GO BILLS!!! NE
                    Magical Trevor

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                      Can we use his $ to resign another player?

Nope, see my thread.

And we cannot cut Crowell either. Teams are not allowed to cut a player due to injury.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                        If so, let's go get Boldin and a scrap LB.
                        At this point, Buffalo has limited options with Crowell. After he has his surgery and has a few weeks to get healed up, the Bills can reach an injury settlement with him and then waive him. Another team would sign him at that point. That won't happen before October, if at all.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                          At this point, Buffalo has limited options with Crowell. After he has his surgery and has a few weeks to get healed up, the Bills can reach an injury settlement with him and then waive him. Another team would sign him at that point. That won't happen before October, if at all.
                          Ok, so after injury settlement is all done can we use the money to sign somebody else??

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

No, once he is a member of the Bills on Sunday his contract is guarenteed for the year.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              No, once he is a member of the Bills on Sunday his contract is guarenteed for the year.
                              If they reach an injury settlement and release him from IR, then only the amount of the injury settlement counts towards the cap. Granted, the injury settlement could pay him his entire year's salary, but more likely it is for part of that amount.

However, releasing him with an injury settlement would be a pretty dumb move, since he would be a FA and could sign with anyone else once healthy. I find it hard to believe the Bills would want that. What if he signs with a team that the Bills are competing against and he helps beat them?

Comment

Working...
                              X