• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Mike Brown aint got squat on Ralphie

Anyone know..??

Damn. This front office is sure proving a lot of **** to its top players this summer.

1- Don't Hold Out For More money when you have multi-years left on your deal (the one I actually agree with FO on)

2- Don't have surgery 3 Days before the season because even if you'll only miss 2-4 games and be better for the other 75% of the season, we will IR your ass to show you don't **** with this FO. We don't mind that a scrub like Keith Ellison, who failed miserably last year and was the chief reason we signed K. Mitchell, is once again starting.

3- Don't take for granted that because you're the Top WR on this team, by far the best playmaker, and going into a contract year you're going to get that fat extension.. Just because we got more salary cap room than any team in the NFL, and just because we agreed to the Toronto deal to give us $60-70 million to make us more "economically viable"-- That don't mean you're going to get an extension.. Go out and earn it! Better yet, tear **** up this year, and we'll gladly sign ya to a one-year franchise tag so you could be nice and happy. We love to play with fire. Why would we want to spend that money to lock you up long term going into the season so you can focus 100% on football?? Just because you're "our top priority" doesn't mean you're going to get that cash money..

This is an upper half football team roster-wise, and a putrid, horribly run football team from the old geezer owning it to the brash, new COO who suddenly becomes a GM.

Well done.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Mike Brown aint got squat on Ralphie

Right after placing Crowell on IR, they looked at each other and said "Oh wait!! There goes an excuse not to sign Evans! Doh!!"
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

If Evans doesnt get an extension, I can't wait to hear some of the excuses.
      He's been, as Brandon said "Priority #1", and we HAVENT caved to Peters, yet Evans don't get paid?

But hey.. Brad Butler and Kyle Williams did. It's all good.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Crowell has nothing to do with Evans. Crowell was a goner after the year and he knew it. And it's possible the surgery revealed an injury greater than what was expected. Or perhaps the Bills are trying to get a jump on his replacement, now that he's out up to 4 weeks?

But Crowell can get an injury settlement and be released by the Bills, so he can play for another team. He'll still have cost himself a ton of money by waiting this long to have surgery.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
          Crowell has nothing to do with Evans. Crowell was a goner after the year and he knew it. And it's possible the surgery revealed an injury greater than what was expected. Or perhaps the Bills are trying to get a jump on his replacement, now that he's out up to 4 weeks?

But Crowell can get an injury settlement and be released by the Bills, so he can play for another team. He'll still have cost himself a ton of money by waiting this long to have surgery.
          If you go back and re-read the post, there isn't a single mention in my Crowell section that mentions money..

The Bills aren't happy that he waited until now for surgery (I dont know, possible he tried as hard he could to play through it?), so they put him on IR to "show him who's boss", so they dont get him for 12 games or more this year..

I don't care about Crowell's money or extension or pending FA. That hasnt nothing to do with the football field right now. They DOWNGRADED the OLB spot for the entire season to show Crowell's who's boss, once again very Mike Brown'ish to me, and yet another example of an administration that just doesn't get it.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

They shoot themselves in the foot while putting it down
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

I said it once and I'll say it again, if we don't lock up Lee Evans long term then I will have a hard time taking Buffalo football seriously and I truly mean that. I already have to make a big enough adjustment with my work schedule to fit the Bills in on Sunday as is so they better send me the message that they are serious about winning, if they aren't then why bother watching?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Philagape
                They shoot themselves in the foot while putting it down
                That may be true but to offer a similar analogy, the player (Crowell) just put the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger while putting his foot down. A franchise can recover much easier than a single player's career. Crowell was not the first good OLB to come through Buffalo and he sure as hell won't be the last. He is only one man, still 52 other players on the roster, make that 51 if you include Peters. Look at how long Ralph has made a career out of being the owner of the Bills, Crowell's career thus far has had the lifespan of a fly as far as the Ralph is concerned.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

At the end of this season we are going to lose our best LB, our best offensive lineman, and our best offensive weapon. Still think the Bills front office is doing a good job??

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                    Look at how long Ralph has made a career out of being the owner of the Bills, Crowell's career thus far has had the lifespan of a fly as far as the Ralph is concerned.
                    They both have zero championships, so they're even

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Philagape
                      They both have zero championships, so they're even
                      Wrong, Ralphie has won 2 championships since owning the Bills.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

I don't count being No. 1A

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Thurmal
                          • Oct 2005

We don't know all the facts as far as Crowell is concerned, but if it is true that he could be back within a month, and we still IR'ed him...then it becomes pretty obvious that we have an owner who could give two s**t's about winning and care everything about money.

How rich can you get? You're 90, it's time to make that final run for a championship and secure your legacy. You owe it to your fans, who once again (despite buying tickets in droves) will be forced to watch an inferior product on the field.

God, I felt so good about this team only one month ago.
                          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• raphael120
                            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Thurmal
                            We don't know all the facts as far as Crowell is concerned, but if it is true that he could be back within a month, and we still IR'ed him...then it becomes pretty obvious that we have an owner who could give two s**t's about winning and care everything about money.

How rich can you get? You're 90, it's time to make that final run for a championship and secure your legacy. You owe it to your fans, who once again (despite buying tickets in droves) will be forced to watch an inferior product on the field.

God, I felt so good about this team only one month ago.
                            We lose Sunday and all these problems become so much more magnified.

For the Bills sake, and for my sanities sake, they better win.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Only people in Buffalo would brag about having won a freaking worthless AFL championship

Comment

Working...
                              X