PDA

View Full Version : No Peters or Crowell....

OpIv37
09-04-2008, 07:38 PM
How does that make you feel about this season?

We gained Mitchell but we lost Crowell. We have Poz coming back from injury, but he may be slightly injured too. Mitchell-Poz-Crowell is a huge upgrade from Ellison-DiGiorgio-Crowell, but now it's Mitchell-Poz-Ellison. It's still an upgrade, but not as much of one. If Poz doesn't play, Mitchell-Digiorgio-Ellison is at best equal to what we had last year (ie, not good enough).

From what I've seen so far, Langston Walker is holding his own at LT. I'm sure he's not as good as Peters, but we'll get by. What really has me concerned is Kirk Chambers at RT. That is a huge weak spot.

Also, we have no depth at all at OLB or anywhere on the OL (especially tackle) so one injury could really hose us.

Two areas that were supposed to be better than last year may not be improved at all, and are one injury away from being worse.

patmoran2006
09-04-2008, 07:40 PM
We're not even close to being as good as we could be without Peters or Crowell.

Forget money, its not our money. It's Ralph's. And lord knows he's got plenty of it.

Instead of Peters and Crowell, we have Chambers and Ellison, not to mention Walker had to move to LT, a position he was awful at last time he played there.

mayotm
09-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Cry me a river. I'm going to cheer for the players that suit up on Sunday. Not piss and moan about the players that aren't playing.

OpIv37
09-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Cry me a river. I'm going to cheer for the players that suit up on Sunday. Not piss and moan about the players that aren't playing.

Um, the question was "How does that make you feel about this season?" No one said anything about not rooting for the players.

Like it or not, the players who are going to be on the field aren't as good as the ones who aren't going to be on the field. You know what that means? Less wins. Deal with it.

I start a thread attempting to analyze our team with the players who will be on the field compared to last year, and you come in with this inflammatory garbage. And people say I'm the problem around here? Please.

chernobylwraiths
09-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Um, the question was "How does that make you feel about this season?" No one said anything about not rooting for the players.

Like it or not, the players who are going to be on the field aren't as good as the ones who aren't going to be on the field. You know what that means? Less wins. Deal with it.

I start a thread attempting to analyze our team with the players who will be on the field compared to last year, and you come in with this inflammatory garbage. And people say I'm the problem around here? Please.

So we were supposed to foresee one of our linebackers getting injured and our LT sitting out after only playing for 2 years of a five year contract?

I feel fine.

Philagape
09-04-2008, 07:59 PM
It gets really tiresome.

This brings us to the fundamental difference between the two basic kinds of fans:

Those who find losing and other bad news tiresome.

Those who find other fans tiresome.

I'm in the former.

PromoTheRobot
09-04-2008, 08:18 PM

We gained Mitchell but we lost Crowell. We have Poz coming back from injury, but he may be slightly injured too. Mitchell-Poz-Crowell is a huge upgrade from Ellison-DiGiorgio-Crowell, but now it's Mitchell-Poz-Ellison. It's still an upgrade, but not as much of one. If Poz doesn't play, Mitchell-Digiorgio-Ellison is at best equal to what we had last year (ie, not good enough).

From what I've seen so far, Langston Walker is holding his own at LT. I'm sure he's not as good as Peters, but we'll get by. What really has me concerned is Kirk Chambers at RT. That is a huge weak spot.

Also, we have no depth at all at OLB or anywhere on the OL (especially tackle) so one injury could really hose us.

Two areas that were supposed to be better than last year may not be improved at all, and are one injury away from being worse.

Go root for the Pats* and get lost.

PTR

OpIv37
09-04-2008, 08:20 PM
So we were supposed to foresee one of our linebackers getting injured and our LT sitting out after only playing for 2 years of a five year contract?

I feel fine.

I didn't say anything about forseeing it. I was asking what people think about it now that it happened.

How can you feel fine about a team with a lot of question marks that's already down two starters?

OpIv37
09-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Go root for the Pats* and get lost.

PTR

AAAAARRRGGGGHHH!!! what the hell is wrong with you people?

If it were that easy, I would have done that years ago. I don't want to watch ANY team win. I want to watch the BILLS win. Unlike some of you, I want to discuss the team in it's entirety, and that includes the bad. Unlike you, I can be a fan without sticking my head in the sand and pretending the team is going to be better than it is.

This team has legit concerns, one of which just came up a few hours ago. I'm trying to discuss it on a board devoted to discussing the team and all you people can do is call me names and accuse me of not being a fan.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-04-2008, 11:45 PM

If it were that easy, I would have done that years ago. I don't want to watch ANY team win. I want to watch the BILLS win. Unlike some of you, I want to discuss the team in it's entirety, and that includes the bad. Unlike you, I can be a fan without sticking my head in the sand and pretending the team is going to be better than it is.

This team has legit concerns, one of which just came up a few hours ago. I'm trying to discuss it on a board devoted to discussing the team and all you people can do is call me names and accuse me of not being a fan.

Dude, dont even try..it's clear they think another 7-9 season is progress..especially down crowell(one of our promising players on D) and peters(the best player on our O)

But i said this before an wanted to see what you thought..what if we moved poz to outside an had digi play middle instead of ellison starting?

Lexwhat
09-05-2008, 03:13 AM

It was actually a very good post, IMO.

Honestly, the only thing that I think can save us is Stroud. If (yes if) he has a monster season, it will work wonders and help to minimize the Crowell loss. I don't think the possibility is that far-fetched. Stroud is playing hungry.

As far as Kirk Chambers goes, I've made it clear. I dont think we are a playoff team with Walker and Chambers as our tackles, and Fowler in the middle. This offensive line is bad, and just ONE more injury will make it total chaos.

I've been "*****ing" that this team hasen't had any Offensive Line Depth this year and last year, and it might be our downfall this year.

Night Train
09-05-2008, 04:39 AM
This brings us to the fundamental difference between the two basic kinds of fans:

Those who find losing and other bad news tiresome and repeat it ad nauseam

Those who find other fans tiresome.

I'm in the former.

We know.

It get's tiresome.

alohabillsfan
09-05-2008, 05:37 AM
OP, to answer your question, I'm a little less optimistic, but lets not forget that our d-line and secondary are both improved so LB may not be as much of a concern as it was last year. As far as O-line yess RT and depth are a concern, lets cross our fingers and hope Chambers is servicable at RT and Trent has enough time to get the ball to Lee and company! Go Buffalo

chernobylwraiths
09-05-2008, 06:26 AM
I didn't say anything about forseeing it. I was asking what people think about it now that it happened.

How can you feel fine about a team with a lot of question marks that's already down two starters?

Because injuries happen. Since Peters hasn't even been around since last season and missed the last few weeks with injuries, I don't consider him a starter. Crowell was pretty good, but I don't consider his loss that huge and Ellison isn't that big of a downgrade. I think Stroud is the key to our defense and how he goes will dictate how the defense goes. Peters while a very good pass blocker didn't seem to make great holes for Lynch last year, so we'll see there. It's not like our offense can get much worse than last year without him. I am fine because I have been around long enough to see many players get injured and it not affecting the team that much.

Of course I still don't think Jauron is a good coach, but that is among the many things I don't have control over. So, I will root for the team, hope they do well and be disappointed if they don't. I'm too old to get upset over football.

MikeInRoch
09-05-2008, 07:09 AM
I think the problem, Op, is that, right or wrong, when you write a post where the intent to have people agree that "yes, I feel bad about the season now", they will think you are saying "see, I told you so.".

You wrote a post that asks a question, already having the answer in mind, and then go after anyone who has a different answer. It's almost like you are setting a trap to try to blast people who would like to have optimism.

chernobylwraiths
09-05-2008, 07:17 AM
I think the problem, Op, is that, right or wrong, when you write a post where the intent to have people agree that "yes, I feel bad about the season now", they will think you are saying "see, I told you so.".

You wrote a post that asks a question, already having the answer in mind, and then go after anyone who has a different answer. It's almost like you are setting a trap to try to blast people who would like to have optimism.

Noooo!

Mitchy moo
09-05-2008, 07:21 AM

Join in on self defense mechanisms, they rule.

OpIv37
09-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Because injuries happen. Since Peters hasn't even been around since last season and missed the last few weeks with injuries, I don't consider him a starter. Crowell was pretty good, but I don't consider his loss that huge and Ellison isn't that big of a downgrade. I think Stroud is the key to our defense and how he goes will dictate how the defense goes. Peters while a very good pass blocker didn't seem to make great holes for Lynch last year, so we'll see there. It's not like our offense can get much worse than last year without him. I am fine because I have been around long enough to see many players get injured and it not affecting the team that much.

Of course I still don't think Jauron is a good coach, but that is among the many things I don't have control over. So, I will root for the team, hope they do well and be disappointed if they don't. I'm too old to get upset over football.

Really? You don't think Ellison is a downgrade from Crowell? Did you happen to watch the last two years when Ellison-DiGiorgio-Crowell couldn't get the job done? Ellison is definitely a downgrade.

Peters to Walker at LT is also a downgrade, but a manageable one. Walker to Chambers at RT on the other hand..... That terrible O from last year traded Jason Peters for James Hardy. How is that better, or even equal, to that horrid O from last year?

OpIv37
09-05-2008, 07:35 AM

what the hell are you talking about?

Of course I'm going to go after anyone who has a different answer because I put forth good reasons for my answer. If someone still feels good about the season after losing a Pro Bowl LT and our #1 tackler from last season, they better come up with better reasons than what I put forth. So far, no one's come close. All they did was attack me for making valid points because those points are contrary to their warm and fuzzy feeling.

THAT's Skooby's defense mechanism right there.

njsue
09-05-2008, 07:37 AM
My opinon is SCREW THEM. The Bills will win with out them.

You may think your screwing the Bills but in the end your the ones that will be screwed. :snicker:

Everyone is replaceable. :gobills:

OpIv37
09-05-2008, 07:41 AM
My opinon is SCREW THEM. The Bills will win with out them.

Everyone is replaceable. :gobills:

That's just absurd.

Replace LT with McGahee and see how the Chargers do.
Replace Manning with Sorgy and see how the Colts do.
Replace Brady with Cassell and see how the Patriots do.

Obviously Peters and Crowell are not elite players like those guys, but losing them still hurts. Back ups are back ups for a reason. If they were as good or better than the starters, they'd be on the field instead of the bench. Ellison has already proven he's not good enough over the last two seasons. Having him on the field will be a liability.

njsue
09-05-2008, 07:43 AM
That's just absurd.

Obviously Peters and Crowell are not elite players like those guys, but losing them still hurts. Back ups are back ups for a reason. If they were as good or better than the starters, they'd be on the field instead of the bench. Ellison has already proven he's not good enough over the last two seasons. Having him on the field will be a liability.

Absurd NOT. I rather move on than dwell on a stupid situation that those players did to themselves.

:gobills:

THANK GOD FOR KAMIKA MITCHELL.

billsburgh
09-05-2008, 07:44 AM
That's just absurd.

stop confusing them with logic and well thought out points.

MikeInRoch
09-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Of course I'm going to go after anyone who has a different answer because I put forth good reasons for my answer.

If you already knew the answer, why did you ask the question?

Philagape
09-05-2008, 08:27 AM
We know.

It get's tiresome.

The bad news is coming ad nauseum, and has for years. That's not on us.
The reaction is proportional to the news. When the team hasn't made the playoffs for eight years and has an offseason like this one just when they might have a chance at breaking that streak, it's only logical that this place would be down in the dumps.

Philagape
09-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Frankly, I'm not all that worried about Crowell. The key to the D was and is the line. Get pressure, disrupt plays, and the rest of the defense will look better than they are.

OpIv37
09-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Absurd NOT. I rather move on than dwell on a stupid situation that those players did to themselves.

:gobills:

THANK GOD FOR KAMIKA MITCHELL.

those players didn't do it to themselves. They did it to the entire team and all the fans. And there will be consequences on the field.

Philagape
09-05-2008, 08:41 AM
The cheerleaders and the critics really should stay out of each other's threads. That's a big problem here ... two totally different levels of discourse -- and one is no better or worse than the other -- that foolishly try to engage each other.

justasportsfan
09-05-2008, 08:46 AM

this sucks. I thought we were headed to the sb. Because of this I think we'll lose to the colts in the AFC championship :wail:

Mitchell55
09-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Op, I agree and know what your saying. I believe whats happened isnt great, but we can manage. The fact that we had something worse last year with our QB controversey, injuries, and lots of needs, we did well. I believe with Peters out (at least as of the day of the thread), we will be a little worse. Basically like losing Schobel or Parrish. Its noticable, but wont kill us.