• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Did I miss something?

Where is all this "Crowell is screwing us" talk coming from?

Has it been said/printed? Just asking cause I hadnt seen it.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Did I miss something?

pure speculation is what it looks like to me
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Ah K, as NE39 pointed out him going on IR only screws himself so I didnt understand why that was being said.

Comment

• billser
        • Oct 2007

He either screwed us or was verry irresponsible. I mean, you gotta be kidding me with a knee scoping 3 days before game 1. Given how the Bills reacted to it, Im betting that he was screwing us and that they knew something about it that we dont

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

It makes so little sense it is laughable. Going on IR is a far worse thing for Crowell than the Bills.

I'd be interested to see if it is procedural IR. That is when a player is placed on IR until an injury settlement is reached, at which point he is released. So the Bills agree to pay him for something like 6 weeks, and he has to sit out that long. After that point he would be a free agent and eligible to sign with anyone for the remainder of the season. I think he could even re-sign with the Bills, but he would have to wait longer (10 or so weeks, I think).

That would make more sense for Crowell, because he would get a chance to show he is healthy heading into FA. However, that is a crappy scenario for the Bills and I doubt they would let that happen. If he signs with a team they are competing with it would make them look really stupid.

Comment

• billser
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Devin
            Ah K, as NE39 pointed out him going on IR only screws himself so I didnt understand why that was being said.

Yes but I dont think he ever wanted to be put on IR, he prolly just thought he was making a statement or something by having his knee scope now and make a comebak in 2-4 weeks

Comment

• Mitchell55
              only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
              • Feb 2008

The fact that Merriman could get his career ended with a injury and he is still playing, and Crow doesnt have even close to the same injury as Merriman, and he is on IR. Also, he decided to take action 3 days before the season starts instead of a month or 2 ago when it 1st happened.

Comment

• billser
                • Oct 2007

I dont get why guys are acting like he put himself on IR. Its obvious IR is bad for him, thats how the bills tried to stick it to him

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Its quite hysterical Devin, obviously Crowell has been out all TC through all the two a days and running and the entire preseason just to screw us in the end!
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Merriman is a moron for playing through that, Crow maybe was in pain or simply decided not to risk it.

Either way it hurts him more to go on IR, besides NFL teams dont put someone on IR out of spite.

I think a lot of you are reading WAY more into this.

Comment

• VeggieMan14
                      • Jan 2008

i really dont understand the whole situation... but the poin is no peters... no crowell ... possibly no poz...

OH WELL
                      I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• billser
                        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Its quite hysterical Devin, obviously Crowell has been out all TC through all the two a days and running and the entire preseason just to screw us in the end!

So he never figured through all taht that he might need a knee scope but finally realized it 3 days before the season?

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by billser
                          I dont get why guys are acting like he put himself on IR. Its obvious IR is bad for him, thats how the bills tried to stick it to him
                          Well, then the Bills are really stupid. So, because they are mad at him for getting his knee scoped, the put him on IR where he is lost for the season. Instead of getting him back in a few weeks, they lose him for the season.

They make themselves a worse team by getting rid of one of the best defensive players, despite the high hopes for the season? If that is what they are doing, you guys will never win. That is so stupid it isn't even worth commenting on.

How do you guys know how bad his injury is? Maybe he was trying to play through it, but finally it got so bad he decided to have it looked at seriously, at which point they discovered it was bad enough that it would keep him out a while. Maybe they fixed it right away and put him on IR because the knee injury is more seriously than initially thought. That makes much more sense than anything else.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

Crowell just made a dumb decision, I don't think he is trying to screw the Bills. On the other hand, if he is only getting surgery that would take 2-4 weeks to heal, then it is obvious the Bills are trying to screw him!

Comment

• billser
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Devin
                              Merriman is a moron for playing through that, Crow maybe was in pain or simply decided not to risk it.

Either way it hurts him more to go on IR, besides NFL teams dont put someone on IR out of spite.

I think a lot of you are reading WAY more into this.
                              I think people are reading into it because the Bills made a seemingly irrational overreaction by putting him on IR. That move alone makes people wonder what happen rather than assume its business as usual and that its just a normal end of season injury

Comment

Working...
                              X