• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Source- Bills to sign Blake Costanza

Will happen tommorow, he's taking Crowell's roster spot.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Re: Source- Bills to sign Blake Costanza

what source??

Comment

• raphael120
      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
      • Oct 2005

Great, a LB that couldnt even beat out Corto, a converted safety, for a roster spot.

Real ****ing reassuring.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
        what source??
        You'll have to take my word for it.

Trust me bro, its Blake time.
        Last edited by patmoran2006; 09-04-2008, 11:03 PM.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

gotchya

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

If this is indeed true, this organization is ridiculous.

Guys like Gold and Colvin are available...who have played in the system...who could actually start after a few weeks while getting the system down pat.

Instead we'll go out and sign a special teams bum.

Excellent plan....and then some people wonder why we haven't done a damn thing in almost a decade. It's not hard to figure out.

Comment

• raphael120
              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
              • Oct 2005

So much for us having all this depth and experience on defense. We better hope to hell our Dline is making our LB's jobs easy or its going to be another 7-9 season. This team is slowly looking more and more like it's no better than last year. Oline regression, LB situation is a wash now...

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                If this is indeed true, this organization is ridiculous.

Guys like Gold and Colvin are available...who have played in the system...who could actually start after a few weeks while getting the system down pat.

Instead we'll go out and sign a special teams bum.

Excellent plan....and then some people wonder why we haven't done a damn thing in almost a decade. It's not hard to figure out.
                Yeah but if we picked up Gold and Colvin we'd have to pay them better than league minimum. With Costanza Ralph can pay him a minimum amount and a small signing bonus and still have plenty of money left over for Denny's.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                  Yeah but if we picked up Gold and Colvin we'd have to pay them better than league minimum. With Costanza Ralph can pay him a minimum amount and a small signing bonus and still have plenty of money left over for Denny's.
                  I'm really beginning to believe that this organization has no care to win on Sundays.

As long as we put butts in the seats that's all that matters.

This franchise's way of putting fans in the seats?

The threat or likelihood, whatever you wanna call it, that the franchise will be gone in the near future.

There's the motivation for 54K to go out and get season tickets...because it sure as hell isn't because of putting a good product on the field.

Problem is most teams motivate their fans to come out by putting top talent out there.

We lose one of our starters and decide to go out and sign a bum who couldn't make the team to begin with.

That's a winning strategy for you!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by raphael120
                    Great, a LB that couldnt even beat out Corto, a converted safety, for a roster spot.

Real ****ing reassuring.
                    Dude, at this point in the season there are no big FA's left to sign. The best LB to replace Crowell is already on the Bills roster and that means Ellison will be starting for us Week 1 because I doubt our coaching staff is willing to bump Poz to the outside.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

I'm really beginning to believe that this organization has no care to win on Sundays.

As long as we put butts in the seats that's all that matters.

This franchise's way of putting fans in the seats?

The threat or likelihood, whatever you wanna call it, that the franchise will be gone in the near future.

There's the motivation for 54K to go out and get season tickets...because it sure as hell isn't because of putting a good product on the field.

Problem is most teams motivate their fans to come out by putting top talent out there.

We lose one of our starters and decide to go out and sign a bum who couldn't make the team to begin with.

That's a winning strategy for you!
                      You're just now starting to figure this out? The last ten years hasn't been enough of an indicator?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                        Dude, at this point in the season there are no big FA's left to sign. The best LB to replace Crowell is already on the Bills roster and that means Ellison will be starting for us Week 1 because I doubt our coaching staff is willing to bump Poz to the outside.

While that is true that there is no big FAs left...there sure as hell is guys who would contribute more than Blake Costanzo would. And there sure as hell is guys that are better than what Ellison has to offer for all 16 games.

Isn't that the point after all, putting a better product on the field.

Better product means more wins. More wins is more fan support.

Wait, our owner's neglect to commit to long term viability in this community gets more fan support. Nevermind.

Comment

• JerseyBoofaloBills
                          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                          id much rather take ian gold than ellison..please.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                            You're just now starting to figure this out? The last ten years hasn't been enough of an indicator?

It's been the past couple of years where this is starting to sink.

Ever since Ralphie has come out and dissed the area. We're poor, we're this, we're that. We have to play in Toronto to get more money. Hiring Marv, going after Dick, then after Marv leaves? JUST PROMOTE WITH GUYS WHO SUCK FROM WITHIN!

I understand that after Donahoe to stay close to the vest, get a guy you can trust. Also that makes sense when you remember how Butler put us into salary cap hell that Donahoe had to clear out, not that he ever got any credit for it, but still.

We're sitting on at least 25 million in cap room. What the """ man?

So what happens when Peters tells the franchise to go eph themselves basically? We move a guy over and start a BUM at RT. If you have any delusions about how good Chambers is, stop now. I agree with the stance on Peters, it's his fault, he signed the deal, he should at least show up and get over it. But, god damn, we obviously know he ain't showing up...Willie Anderson is out there and he's a BIG TIME improvement over Chambers, yet what did we do? Sit on that 25 million!

Now, for whatever reason Crowell decides three days before the opener to get his knee scoped? Well, eph you for not getting it done months ago. But what does the organization do? Instead of going after a guy that would be an improvement over Ellison...because let's face it, we saw what Ellison had last year and let's just say it wasn't much....we are likely to go sign a guy who couldn't make the team to begin with!

Leave guys like Colvin, Arrington, Gold alone. God forbid we try to actually improve the D. Again, sit on that 25 million!

But then again, why should Ralphie do anything? I mean let's look at this realistically...football, as much as any of us don't want to admit it, is a business. Ralphie sells out the stadium regardless of what crap he puts out there. He already has the 54K season ticket holders or whatever it is, so why should he shell a few bucks out of his pocket to improve a couple positions.

And trust me, there's plenty of improvements that can be made with this team all over the place.... WR, TE, LB, OT....but why bother? His pockets get lined even more by not doing it.

I sincerely hope this franchise stays here in Buffalo. I also sincerely hope that Ralph decides to sell the team to a local group by the offseason. I've had enough of him and his front office. Although I can't really blame the front office because who knows, they might want to do something better than what we got, but can't.

Sorry about the lengthy post but I'm rather pissed off now. It's frustrating as all hell.

Comment

• JerseyBoofaloBills
                              • Aug 2006

It's been the past couple of years where this is starting to sink.

Ever since Ralphie has come out and dissed the area. We're poor, we're this, we're that. We have to play in Toronto to get more money. Hiring Marv, going after Dick, then after Marv leaves? JUST PROMOTE WITH GUYS WHO SUCK FROM WITHIN!

I understand that after Donahoe to stay close to the vest, get a guy you can trust. Also that makes sense when you remember how Butler put us into salary cap hell that Donahoe had to clear out, not that he ever got any credit for it, but still.

We're sitting on at least 25 million in cap room. What the """ man?

So what happens when Peters tells the franchise to go eph themselves basically? We move a guy over and start a BUM at RT. If you have any delusions about how good Chambers is, stop now. I agree with the stance on Peters, it's his fault, he signed the deal, he should at least show up and get over it. But, god damn, we obviously know he ain't showing up...Willie Anderson is out there and he's a BIG TIME improvement over Chambers, yet what did we do? Sit on that 25 million!

Now, for whatever reason Crowell decides three days before the opener to get his knee scoped? Well, eph you for not getting it done months ago. But what does the organization do? Instead of going after a guy that would be an improvement over Ellison...because let's face it, we saw what Ellison had last year and let's just say it wasn't much....we are likely to go sign a guy who couldn't make the team to begin with!

Leave guys like Colvin, Arrington, Gold alone. God forbid we try to actually improve the D. Again, sit on that 25 million!

But then again, why should Ralphie do anything? I mean let's look at this realistically...football, as much as any of us don't want to admit it, is a business. Ralphie sells out the stadium regardless of what crap he puts out there. He already has the 54K season ticket holders or whatever it is, so why should he shell a few bucks out of his pocket to improve a couple positions.

And trust me, there's plenty of improvements that can be made with this team all over the place.... WR, TE, LB, OT....but why bother? His pockets get lined even more by not doing it.

I sincerely hope this franchise stays here in Buffalo. I also sincerely hope that Ralph decides to sell the team to a local group by the offseason. I've had enough of him and his front office. Although I can't really blame the front office because who knows, they might want to do something better than what we got, but can't.

Sorry about the lengthy post but I'm rather pissed off now. It's frustrating as all hell.
                              It's alright, no need to be sorry..everyone's frustrated as all hell right now..this injruy is really bumming me out, it sucks..thought we'd be healthy before the season started..so pumped for sunday..even without peters i thought we'd might have a shot..now im just, blahhh..i want to think this team will be good, but not with ellison starting..mother ****er man.

Comment

Working...
                              X