PDA

View Full Version : So if Crowell's knee has been an issue

LABillsFan
09-05-2008, 01:40 AM
Why didn't the Bills make sure this was taken care of before yesterday. Does only the player have the ability to say surgery is needed or not needed? If not, then, the med staff should be taking heat for this as well. Who's zooming who?

Well, since AC won't be coming back with the Bills next year, does this mean there is more money for Evans and his new contract?

Ebenezer
09-05-2008, 01:52 AM
Why didn't the Bills make sure this was taken care of before yesterday. Does only the player have the ability to say surgery is needed or not needed? If not, then, the med staff should be taking heat for this as well. Who's zooming who?

Well, since AC won't be coming back with the Bills next year, does this mean there is more money for Evans and his new contract?
I would think the player has every right to opt for surgery. They may be football players but they do have rights. Do you think really think that somebody with an MD is going to jeopardize their license by hiding an injury to a player to the last minute? This is not the Raiders of the 70s. Teams can't get away with that any longer. It was in the team's interest to have him play. It was in the player's interest to play. They both held out to the last possible minute that it would happen. It didn't. We will never know the true story.

More money? What does that mean? AC doesn't count against the 2009 cap now. If he is not given a new contract then subtracting zero doesn't change anything.

LABillsFan
09-05-2008, 02:07 AM
I would think the player has every right to opt for surgery. They may be football players but they do have rights. Do you think really think that somebody with an MD is going to jeopardize their license by hiding an injury to a player to the last minute? This is not the Raiders of the 70s. Teams can't get away with that any longer. It was in the team's interest to have him play. It was in the player's interest to play. They both held out to the last possible minute that it would happen. It didn't. We will never know the true story.

More money? What does that mean? AC doesn't count against the 2009 cap now. If he is not given a new contract then subtracting zero doesn't change anything.

DJ being suprised and a 2 year nagging injury doesn't compute. Hence my question, I just wanted to know if the med staff felt it being serious enough, its been going on for 2 years, could reccommend surgery during the offseason or earlier in the OTA's.

More money by not having to account for a vet on the roster. ie, well, we don't have to worry about his contract for 2009 now

Ebenezer
09-05-2008, 02:21 AM
DJ being suprised and a 2 year nagging injury doesn't compute. Hence my question, I just wanted to know if the med staff felt it being serious enough, its been going on for 2 years, could reccommend surgery during the offseason or earlier in the OTA's.

More money by not having to account for a vet on the roster. ie, well, we don't have to worry about his contract for 2009 now
I would still say the player still has the right to say no to any surgery. Maybe if he has that is why the Bills aren't in a hurry to resign him because it was only a matter of time before he went injured.

His contract for 2009 is zero. His not being on the roster doesn't give them any more money to spend next season. If you wanted, technically, money that would of gone to him would be "freed up" and make it easier to give Evans a bigger deal.

LABillsFan
09-05-2008, 02:27 AM
I would still say the player still has the right to say no to any surgery. Maybe if he has that is why the Bills aren't in a hurry to resign him because it was only a matter of time before he went injured.

His contract for 2009 is zero. His not being on the roster doesn't give them any more money to spend next season. If you wanted, technically, money that would of gone to him would be "freed up" and make it easier to give Evans a bigger deal.

1.) See, that's fishy to me, knowing a player is injured, probable surgery is going to be needed and not making sure he is 100% healthy for camp. Surprised then? I doubt it. Maybe suprised he actually saw the writing on the wall.

2.) That's where I was going.

Ebenezer
09-05-2008, 02:30 AM
[/B]

That's where I was going.
But then you have to ask the question, do you use that money to overpay Evans just to keep him?

TigerJ
09-05-2008, 09:50 AM

More money by not having to account for a vet on the roster. ie, well, we don't have to worry about his contract for 2009 nowI have to assume the Bills have talked with Crowell and asked how the knee was. Maybe he kept saying something like, "It bothers me some, but I can play with it. I don't need surgery yet." As others have suggested, if he didn't want surgery earlier, they Bills couldn't make him get it.

patmoran2006
09-05-2008, 09:58 AM
But then you have to ask the question, do you use that money to overpay Evans just to keep him?
I would overpay Evans if that what it takes to keep him.. We did it with Dockery to sign him.

This offense is garbage without Evans, and there is no reason he shouldn't already be signed long term.

njsue
09-05-2008, 10:00 AM

Evans contract is looking good so far!

Historian
09-05-2008, 10:03 AM
This is not the Raiders of the 70s.

:rofl:

raphael120
09-05-2008, 10:11 AM

If we're overpaying Dockery, Kelsay, Kyle Williams, and Schobel, they sure as **** better overpay for Evans.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2008, 10:15 AM

I think the medical team told him that he didn't need it and he agreed. Than Thursday he showed up and said "I'm having surgery" which pissed of everyone and that's where we are at.