PDA

View Full Version : I feel bad for Jauron...and Crowell screwed us.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2008, 07:55 AM
Jauron looked pissed that Crowell decided to wait til Thursday to elect surgery. Watch the presser because Jauron had that look of disgust. For those of you that want to exonerate our front office you might want to start asking yourselves why we can'y keep players here.

Peters is not showing up. He is positioning himself for a trade, which he'll get, and we'll end up with a bunch of draft picks that may not amount to a hill of beans.

Evans, who obvioulsy didn't sign a long term deal, will get franchised, and most likely traded as well.

Crowell, knowing that this was a contract year for him, waited til the last possible moment figuring he could have his surgery, make it to the bye, and than play out the season for his new deal. The Bills decided to place him on IR as punishment but I'm not sure that makes us the winners here considering we were more than willing to let Denny sit out the 8 weeks to get his services back.

Jauron is a good coach. With this roster, expecting a playoff team out of him is almost a joke. So does this mean Jauron gets canned at the end of the season? I feel really bad for the guy.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2008, 07:59 AM
I think you are way ahead of yourself on the trades of Peters and Evans.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2008, 08:03 AM
I think you are way ahead of yourself on the trades of Peters and Evans.

If Peters doesn't show up today or tommorow to get his game check than it's safe to say the he's not coming back. The Bills will capitualte and trade him because they have a history of doing this.

Evans didn't sign a deal which is half way to leaving town via trade.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Evans is stil negotiating.

And what "history" do the Bills have of doing this?

I would like to hear about it.

njsue
09-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Evans will get paid by the bills.

Crowell screwed himself although he may not realize that now. But, when he tries to play the marking game his cost will be low.

THATHURMANATOR
09-05-2008, 08:07 AM
If Peters doesn't show up today or tommorow to get his game check than it's safe to say the he's not coming back. The Bills will capitualte and trade him because they have a history of doing this.

Evans didn't sign a deal which is half way to leaving town via trade.
I agree with you on the Peters thing. He is gone

Evans I feel will sign an extention.

Thurmal
09-05-2008, 08:15 AM
I agree with you on the Peters thing. He is gone

Evans I feel will sign an extention.
I feel that you're right, but not before our front office makes a valiant effort to lowball the hell out of him.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2008, 08:20 AM
I feel that you're right, but not before our front office makes a valiant effort to lowball the hell out of him.

Dude that was really funny, unfortunatley very true. :ill:

jdbillsfan
09-05-2008, 09:05 AM
The sky is falling.

Philagape
09-05-2008, 09:07 AM
The sky is falling.

The sky fell years ago. This year is about trying to put it back.

ptd86
09-05-2008, 09:09 AM
the only history i know of is trading peerless, which was an amazing trade for us, and trading willis which we had to basically, and got stroud and trent. So pretty terrible history. Evans will definitely not be traded, i could possibly see peters, but highly unlikely

HHURRICANE
09-05-2008, 09:12 AM
the only history i know of is trading peerless, which was an amazing trade for us, and trading willis which we had to basically, and got stroud and trent. So pretty terrible history. Evans will definitely not be traded, i could possibly see peters, but highly unlikely

The "history" was not paying players. It had nothing to do with trades.

justasportsfan
09-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Evans is stil negotiating.

And what "history" do the Bills have of doing this?

I would like to hear about it.

and then there was silence.

ptd86
09-05-2008, 09:17 AM
i know we have this big history of not paying players, but i think its very overblown. We didnt pay willis,fletch,nate,winfield,pat,peerless, im sure a few others the only huge regret i have is not signing pat. The others im glad we didnt give more money too

jdbillsfan
09-05-2008, 09:21 AM
The "history" was not paying players. It had nothing to do with trades.

Who haven't they paid that they should have? Besides Pat.

cocamide
09-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Evans is probably waiting to see how this offense goes. If Turk can show that he's not as inept as Fairchild, then Evans will probably be more likely to sign with us. If I were him, I'd want to make sure this team has some sort of stability and chance in the future.

bigbub2352
09-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I got a bleak outlook as well, Evans not being signed yet shows the Bills are not being aggressive, also the whole Peters debacle is going to go down as the weirdest holdout of all time,
Then you have Crowell quiting on his team cause he wanted something for sure
I just dont see this stuff happeneing with this many players at the same time
Ralph may have alot to do with this
Just saying there are some unhappy marque players on this team, and some vastly overpaid average players on this team like Kelsay, Denney, KWilliams, Royal, etc
And we are 7-9 last year and the year before, so maybe some of these guys dont truly want to be here
That is scary

justasportsfan
09-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Who haven't they paid that they should have? Besides Pat.and then there was silence.

raphael120
09-05-2008, 09:49 AM
I got a bleak outlook as well, Evans not being signed yet shows the Bills are not being aggressive, also the whole Peters debacle is going to go down as the weirdest holdout of all time,
Then you have Crowell quiting on his team cause he wanted something for sure
I just dont see this stuff happeneing with this many players at the same time
Ralph may have alot to do with this
Just saying there are some unhappy marque players on this team, and some vastly overpaid average players on this team like Kelsay, Denney, KWilliams, Royal, etc
And we are 7-9 last year and the year before, so maybe some of these guys dont truly want to be here
That is scary

Very scary considering Jauron is touted as a players coach and that's one of his big points. What the hell kind of coach is he if he can't even be good at being a players coach?

HHURRICANE
09-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Who haven't they paid that they should have? Besides Pat.

When you have "cash to cap" you are limited by who you can keep and who you can get.

The argument isn't about which players it's about how we manage the roster in general. Antoine Winfield and Nate Clements were two players that the Bills wanted to keep but in the end they let them walk for money?

If we had pro-rated Nate's deal we could have kept him but you can't do that under "cash to cap" and that's what you guys are missing. I didn't think Nate was that great but the front office did. They wanted him here.

If Peter's leaves who's fault is it?

justasportsfan
09-05-2008, 10:19 AM
When you have "cash to cap" you are limited by who you can keep and who you can get.

The argument isn't about which players it's about how we manage the roster in general. Antoine Winfield and Nate Clements were two players that the Bills wanted to keep but in the end they let them walk for money?

If we had pro-rated Nate's deal we could have kept him but you can't do that under "cash to cap" and that's what you guys are missing. I didn't think Nate was that great but the front office did. They wanted him here.

If Peter's leaves who's fault is it?

WE were cash to cap when we Winfield was here? Thats news to me.

YO' Hur ricane, we supposedly overpaid for Reed, Kelsay and Schobel when we resigned to keep them. With that alone, you can throw your theory down the toilet espeicaially under MArv's watch.

Clements was given a contract that made him one of the most highest paid player in NFL history. Ralph was right in not giving that to him. BAd example to use against Ralph especially since Clements play hasn't even come close to justifying what the 9'ers gave him.

If Peters leaves, it's his fault. He didn't communicate. Screw him.

djjimkelly
09-05-2008, 10:19 AM
lets all pray he gets canned at the end of the year. i dont see the IT factor with jauron and you just dont pick up IT. you either have IT or you dont. DICK DONT.