PDA

View Full Version : I mentioned Crowell's knee a MONTH ago!

Coach Sal
09-05-2008, 11:37 AM
This is what I wrote on my site, linked here, after going to training camp back on August 6th:

--Angelo Crowell was hobbling around the practice field and had his lower leg taped up pretty good. But other than the noticeable limp that slowed him, you wouldn't notice because he was still giving a very good effort and fighting through it during every individual and team drill.

So, a few points now:

1. If some fan/media member roaming the sidelines one time for one practice can notice this so definitively, why can't coaches, trainers, and other personnel? And if they did, why is it such a "shock" to them now? And why was he not taking the necessary days off to let it heal or rehab it? Josh Reed has a stiff back and they sit him out for about two weeks....yet our starting linebacker has a knee injury and is participating full-go in individual and team drills like he's a rookie trying to make the team?!?! Doesn't make sense to me.

2. I don't believe for one second that this guy did this on purpose to screw the team. He was genuinely playing through pain when I saw him that day. You don't risk your health and millions of dollars by practicing in training camp, only to know or decide NOT to do the same thing when the real bullets fly. Knowing what I saw and the way this stuff works, I think Crowell's biggest sin here was simply thinking this problem was minor and would go away, probably because he is in his contract year and didn't want to let it be known how bad it was. Like I said, he probably tried to ignore it and didn't even want to know himself.

3. I'm waiting for the full report to decide if they really made the right call to put him on IR. If it is an injury that requires even half a season of rehab, I understand why they'd do it. You can't play 7,8,9 games with only 5 LBs on the roster. Those guys will get physically beaten up and worn down, and pretty soon you may be down to 4 guys. You also have to have bodies to play special teams. You can' ask guys like DiG or Ellison to play that many snaps at LB and stay on special teams, too. If the injury is really only a 2-3 weeker, then they should have been able to get by without him by trimming another position and signing someone else until he was ready. We have six DEs and 5 Safeties right now. Bryan Copeland or Bryan Scott would be expendable in that kind of situation. I don't believe the Bills would put anyone on IR just to spite them. Especially a guy they let London Fletcher walk for and gave the keys to the defense and has given them five solid seasons.

But a lot of people need to answer for a lot of questions here.

The King
09-05-2008, 11:38 AM
I almost feel like the Bills owe it to the fans and their players to try and bring in a Hobson/Colvin type. if it doesn't pan out fine, but they need to do something for the PR front alone.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2008, 11:42 AM
I think when they said they were shocked, it was only referring to the decision to have surgery.

But I agree with the rest. Why they could not keep him on the roster and cut a safety, DE, WR or even put Fine on IR (He is out more than two-four weeks but is still on the roster?) is beyond me.

Meathead
09-05-2008, 11:42 AM
im sure the bills are doing what they really think is best for the team and im comfortable with that. i just wish they would give us an explanation so all this senseless speculation about whos screwing who over can stop

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2008, 11:43 AM
I would like to be as sure as you are MH, but the silence is deafening and confusing.

BAM
09-05-2008, 11:44 AM
That's great now get that new episode up! I leave in an hour and a half. :D :beers:

Coach Sal
09-05-2008, 12:08 PM
That's great now get that new episode up! I leave in an hour and a half. :D :beers:

It's not me. The production people haven't posted it yet. I'm trying.

Can you do me a favor? please keep checking the home page: www.MySportsRadio.com (http://www.MySportsRadio.com) this afternoon. And if/when it appears, please link it here with a new thread?

I have a football game tonight and will not be able to check and post it after I make this post.

If you can.....THANKS!!

Patti120
09-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:40 PM ET | Link

CROWELL SEEKING SECOND OPINION: According to Bills head coach Dick Jauron, LB Angelo Crowell still has not has surgery on his injured knee as he's seeking a second opinion.

That still doesn't change his status of being on injured reserve. His 2008 season is effectively over.

---

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Patti120
09-05-2008, 12:11 PM
WTF?

Michael82
09-05-2008, 12:22 PM
I think when they said they were shocked, it was only referring to the decision to have surgery.

But I agree with the rest. Why they could not keep him on the roster and cut a safety, DE, WR or even put Fine on IR (He is out more than two-four weeks but is still on the roster?) is beyond me.
Don't forget that they also kept Matt Murphy on the roster and his injury is longer than 2-3 weeks too. :ill:

BAM
09-05-2008, 12:58 PM
It's not me. The production people haven't posted it yet. I'm trying.

Can you do me a favor? please keep checking the home page: www.MySportsRadio.com (http://www.MySportsRadio.com) this afternoon. And if/when it appears, please link it here with a new thread?

I have a football game tonight and will not be able to check and post it after I make this post.

If you can.....THANKS!!

I'd be glad to do that if I weren't leaving in a half hour! :D

Maybe someone else will?

Go Bills!

Oaf
09-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Soooo, does this mean you want us to listen to your radio show?