PDA

View Full Version : The interesting thing about Angelo Crowell is that....

Michael82
09-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Last year he was voted a team captain. He wore the C on his jersey and everyone talked about what a good leader he was and how he was a big part of the team. This year, he dogs it in training camp, has a knee injury that is bothering him all off-season long, but he decided not to get the surgery, he also missed most of the pre-season games. The players did NOT vote him a team captain this year. He won't be wearing the C, it will be Whiter and Kelsay instead. Maybe they felt something was up with him and were secretly annoyed with the way he kept using the knee as an excuse, instead of doing what players usually do and get it taken care of. And then 3 games before the season, he decides to finally get it taken care of. I'm betting that Dick Jauron isn't the only one pissed off, I'm betting that his teammates are upset at him too.

http://www.billszone.com/gallery2/d/4343-1/09000d5d805928bs_gallery_600.jpg

raphael120
09-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Well I think its consensus that Whitner is a hell of a lot more of a defensive leader than Crowell is. Crowell is a quiet guy and doesn't talk much. I remember when he had to take over for Takeo way back when, he said he had to start changing his outlook on things and be serious because he was a starter, something about not wearin so much of his gold chains and what not...

It's too bad, but at the same time, Crowell will easily be replaced, it just sucks that we'll be without a decent LB for a season...who knows, maybe that rookie LB that got injuried will fill his role next season.

im4bflo
09-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Who the hell's Crowell?
"LET'S GO, BUF-FA-LO!!!"

Michael82
09-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Well I think its consensus that Whitner is a hell of a lot more of a defensive leader than Crowell is. Crowell is a quiet guy and doesn't talk much. I remember when he had to take over for Takeo way back when, he said he had to start changing his outlook on things and be serious because he was a starter, something about not wearin so much of his gold chains and what not...

It's too bad, but at the same time, Crowell will easily be replaced, it just sucks that we'll be without a decent LB for a season...who knows, maybe that rookie LB that got injuried will fill his role next season.
I have a feeling that was the plan all along. From what I saw from Alvin Bowen, he was doing a good job in training camp and looked to be a good LB eventually. I figured that the plan was to let Crowell go and groom either DiGiorgio or Bowen to take over for him.

raphael120
09-05-2008, 04:40 PM
I think we can afford to start Alvin Bowen alongside a hopefully good duo of Poz-Mitchell next season. If Poz is a beast and Mitchell plays like Crowell, then I'd say we could live with Alvin Bowen at OLB instead of Ellison.