PDA

View Full Version : Peters return is a transparent move by our front office

Thurmal
09-05-2008, 06:37 PM
No evidence to back this up; just my theory.

Russ Brandon and Co. came to realize that they were going to take an extraordinary amount of heat for the bizarre Crowell situation. That, along with the Peters holdout, brought upon way too much negativity for the team and themselves.

I'll bet they gave 'ole Jason a buzz, came to a verbal agreement/understanding closer to what Peters wanted, and will just wait a few weeks to make the deal public (to save face).

Peters is now back, and the fans, media, team etc. feel much, much less pain over the Crowell incident. Remember, Brandon's specialty is PR.

Michael82
09-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Lee Evans getting a contract extension would have done a better job at pleasing the fans and being a PR move. :(

trapezeus
09-05-2008, 06:58 PM
peters showed up to get the money. the bills were ready to go the distance. just like they were willing to stick it to crowell for screwing them, they'd have stuck it peters.

lordofgun
09-05-2008, 07:05 PM
I disagree, thurmal.

Peters simply wasn't willing to forfeit nearly $200K/week.

Yasgur's Farm
09-05-2008, 07:21 PM
I disagree, thurmal.

Peters simply wasn't willing to forfeit nearly $200K/week.Actually $295K/week including the $15K/day fine.

lordofgun
09-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Actually $295K/week including the $15K/day fine.
Ok. :up:

HHURRICANE
09-05-2008, 07:47 PM
You guys are nuts if you don't think Peters got himself a new deal.

I'm sure he knew Lee was up for a contract extension and wanted to make sure he went to the front of the line. He's getting himself a new fat deal even if it's shortly after the season ends.

My guess is that Evans will be the casualty of this.

I'd rather have Peters than Evans anyway.

Ickybaluky
09-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Actually $295K/week including the $15K/day fine.

Players only get fined for training camp. Once the season starts, the fines stop because the players lose game checks. His fines topped out at a certain level (about $500K).

The theory at the start of the thread doesn't hold water, because according to Shefter the sides started communicating before the Crowell thing (which came up unexpectedly).

I doubt Peters pays any fines. I'm sure the Bills have agreed to forgive the fines as a good faith gesture, along with agreeing to talk contract, to get him back playing. he likely will not be paid for week 1, since he came back too late to play. However, players never pay those holdout fines.

Tatonka
09-05-2008, 10:52 PM
how do you know that NE?