PDA

View Full Version : So, what did the holdout accomplish?

Wally The Barber
09-05-2008, 06:38 PM
I can think of very little....but I will leave that up to you....

We gave more playing time to the 2nd and 3rd stingers and that may come in handy should Peters miss any playing time in 2008-09.

If Peters was attempting to make a point, I guess I missed it!

-THE SLAMMER

trapezeus
09-05-2008, 07:01 PM
peters got the time off. he made his point that he's serious about the cash. the bills had to have known the second he got into the probowl that he'd be ready for money but thought they could push it off. they know he's just jumped to the top of the line if this year is a repeat.

Yasgur's Farm
09-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Cost Peters about $.5M... Cost his agent zip for trying to grab a payday.

Jason... Don't be so dumb!

Mitchell55
09-05-2008, 07:25 PM
It acomplished half a million dollars lost, angry locker room, no offseason workouts, lost friends, less respect, and a lost game. I dont think thats how he planned it.

Mitchell55
09-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Honestly, something isnt right. Why did Peters hold out in the 1st place? There is no way he is to blame. I mean, they will never make the Bills seem like the bad guys so we never got the full story. It seems like when the hold out began, the bills hid something. If anything, the FO said to Jason that he isnt the number 1 priority and will take a back seat to Lee and Crow, which got JP mad and made them look for him. I mean, that is the only way he couldve gained anything. The FO probably sent him a phone call saying they WILL negotiate with him earlier today, and thats why everything unfolded finally.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Again, he moved up in front of Evans for his payday and my guess is that he will get it. There is no way they are making him pay the fines so you guys are nuts if you think that's happening.

The casualty might be Evans because I really doubt the Bills are paying both of them.

I think it was a brilliant move. I pulled the same stunt in my career about 13 years ago and made sure that my bonus wasn't going to some other ******* in my old company. The old "I'm leaving without a significant pay raise".

Peters is most likely getting paid instead of Evans now so I think it worked.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-05-2008, 08:07 PM
In a way, the players are in a disadvantage here because of the anti-trust exemption that NFL enjoys. I said before that you gotta look at it from a business viewpoint, taking emotion out (I know it's hard to do for many).

Peters is a worker, the Bills Organization is Henry Ford, the fans are consumers. The worker is on strike. Ford holds off the pay. The Fan are jumping because of no product. The reason that Ford always has the upper hand is that he has no competition. Ford can tank but won't be out of business because he's only one in the business. For the same reason, the worker cannot go anywhere else.

When it is all said and done, Ford knows that he may need to pay the worker a little more to make good cars. In return, he can chare consumer more with legit reason.

TacklingDummy
09-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Peters shouldn't get game checks until he is ready to play. He is the one who made it so he's not ready. He can pay the piper.