PDA

View Full Version : When Peters is signed, Evans should come shortly after

Mitchell55
09-05-2008, 07:39 PM
With us negotiating with Evans for as long as we have, we must be waiting for Peters. If we wouldve signed Evans to a big deal, then Peters comes back, we wouldve been screwed. Now we can give Peters his contract, and see if we can make a deal with the left over money. I wouldnt be surprised to have Peters and Evans signed and playing by week 2.

Mr. Pink
09-05-2008, 07:48 PM
1. Evans will be playing Sunday, you poorly worded that statement and made it sound like Evans is also out for Sunday.

2. Peters and Evans contract negotiations have nothing to do with each other.

3. We're literally like 30 million under the cap.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2008, 07:49 PM
You are nuts if you think Evans is getting signed to a new deal.

Peters is already signed they are just redoing his deal. Evans doesn't have to stay here.

Mitchell55
09-05-2008, 07:51 PM
1. Evans will be playing Sunday, you poorly worded that statement and made it sound like Evans is also out for Sunday. I noticed that. Sorry about that.

2. Peters and Evans contract negotiations have nothing to do with each other. They may, they may not. Its the only reason for Evans to be taking this long with negotiations.

3. We're literally like 30 million under the cap. Both will be a very long term contract so that could be decreased by alot.

Mitchell55
09-05-2008, 07:52 PM

Peters is already signed they are just redoing his deal. Evans doesn't have to stay here.

Your the only one who doesnt think that hes getting a new deal. Even Evans knows hes getting a new deal.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Your the only one who doesnt think that hes getting a new deal. Even Evans knows hes getting a new deal.

Really? Where was that reported. Didn't he just say that he mis-spoke?

Mitchell55
09-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Really? Where was that reported. Didn't he just say that he mis-spoke?

He said that he mis spoke and I think it meant that he made it seem like they were going to get it done in the up and comming weeks, but it wasnt the case.

clumping platelets
09-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Bills are only about $20 million under

Mr. Pink
09-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Bills are only about $20 million under

20? 30? same difference....

It still means as an organization we left way too much on the table that could and should have been spent to better the onfield product.

And still gives us enough to restructure, extend both Peters and Evans.

patmoran2006
09-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Evans should've been done weeks ago.

Now he has to go into his contract year with that on his mind.

historypete
09-06-2008, 08:52 AM
I'm glad Peters is in camp, but if he gets a deal in the next few weeks, everything the Bills stood for, right or wrong, goes down the toilet. Peters deserves a contract extension, but it should be in the offseason.

As for Evans, there is really no excuse for him not being resigned. Everyone knows what the market is. Evans thought they were close, then the "mis-spoke" comment comes out and that scares me. It almost makes me feel like the organization balked at having to cough up that much cash to keep him despite the cap room we have.

Hopefully both get done, Evans should be first considering his contract is up and he's followed the map to getting an extension for this team. He has shown up to mini camp and OTAs, he is working hard, he was there for training camp. He needs to be rewarded first in my opinion for that loyalty. With that said, the longer this goes into the season and especially if Evans is tearing it up, his value skyrockets and the odds of him testing the market increase significantly.

X-Era
09-06-2008, 09:29 AM
With us negotiating with Evans for as long as we have, we must be waiting for Peters. If we wouldve signed Evans to a big deal, then Peters comes back, we wouldve been screwed. Now we can give Peters his contract, and see if we can make a deal with the left over money. I wouldnt be surprised to have Peters and Evans signed and playing by week 2.

Or, the Bills have realized they wont pay enough to keep Evans and then called Peters to get him into camp.

I hope Im wrong, but Im waiting to see us resign one of our own.

Night Train
09-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Evans should get his 2nd contract before Peters gets his 3rd.

Evans showed up and practiced all year.

DrGraves
09-06-2008, 02:13 PM
I want to see Evans produce like a true number one before we even thinking of giving him money.

Wally The Barber
09-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Do you guys realize there is a game on Sunday?

Contracts are for some other time

PECKERWOOD
09-06-2008, 02:22 PM

If they offer Evans anything close to what other teams are offering then Evans will resign here and why wouldn't he want to? He is the man here. He already knows the system. He already has property here. The only thing left is for the Bills and Evans to work out the numbers.

Saratoga Slim
09-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Evans should've been done weeks ago.

Now he has to go into his contract year with that on his mind.

This actually isn't the end of the world in terms of what's on his mind - should result in him doing everything possible to maximize production. That's an upside in my book.

The downside to him not being signed yet is that if he has a good year we're going to pay more this offseason to keep him than if we just signed him now.

Mitchell55
09-06-2008, 02:27 PM
All I know is we need to sign a lower contract for Evans before the season starts, because I bet anyone that other teams would give him a Walker type contract and we wouldnt be able to compete with it.