X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

The most reasonable article on Crowell's case

Crowell likely finished as a member of the Bills (Photo Source) Yesterday, the Buffalo Bills shocked their fan base when they announced that linebacker Angelo Crowell had been placed on Injured...
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: The most reasonable article on Crowell's case

He was never going to see another contract here anyhow. This bad timing issue just sealed his fate.

This mornings Buff News said the Bills already cleaned out his locker for Costanzo. He's history to the Bills.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BigZ
      • Sep 2003

Good article with a reasonable explanation of what probably happened. Kudos to ghz for finding it and posting.

His roster spot will undoubtedly be used by Peters when they activate him after his return today.

Whether we juggle the roster further and sign a LB and waive an OL will probably be made once Peters is ready to play.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Aug 2004

Confirms in many respects what I wrote in my post that it was based on what the doctors told the team about how long it would take Crowell to get back on the field, first.
        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

He was not in their long term plans & he's lame, that pretty much sums it up.

Comment

• historypete
            • Feb 2005

Okay, if the medical staff was behind surgery and the knee problem had been lingering like all agree it was then this decision should have been made a month or two ago. The guy is a good vet who knows the system. He doesn't need training camp. Get him scoped back in July and then hope he is out only a week or two if rehab is a concern.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Did Chris Brown adopt a pen name? No offence to Mr. Galliford, but that article sounded very P.R.ish.

How do you say, "The team also feared that Crowell had ulterior motives in sitting out", then follow it up with "The team's decision to IR Crowell was not made, however, to prevent him from maximizing his contract value"? Just doesn't really go together, IMO.

"The Bills' duty is to the team, not the player, and if Keith Ellison is more dedicated to the team than Crowell is - and isn't considered a huge drop-off - then you do what's best for the team. It's that simple." UM HELLOOOO. I think Crowell is WAY better then Ellison.

"but the coaches have never felt he gave it his all, both on and off the field." How in the world would anyone have this info? He was our captain last year.

I love how the complete article is speculation and then "the Bills made the right decision in this matter" is stated like a fact.

Let me see.... Our best LB for 8-14 games plus playoffs, or a 5th safety getting inactivated for the entire season? Hmmmm. I like Scott too, but come on. This is a huge loss. And I just hope there was more to the story, and hope they had a really good undisclosed reason.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

I did enjoy the read though. Thank you.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Maybe we can trasition tag him for cheap now.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

A fascinating article. I did not know that the Bills coaching staff was less than enamored with Crowell's effort and intelligence (or lack thereof) and he was not in their long term plans.

I wonder how much the Bills are giving up in ability by switching to Ellison. Ellison is smart and quick, but he's 15 lbs lighter than Crowell and the Bills offseason moves (trading for Stroud and signing Mitchell) clearly indicate they were trying to get bigger and stronger on defense.

I think linebacker has just become one of the Bills' top three needs in next year's draft.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                      • Apr 2008

good article. i like when we get a glimpse of what the other players are thinking about the situation.

Comment

• DANMAN
                        • Sep 2003

I really liked the article. Well written and reasonably thought out.

It provided some needed balance to some of the more harsh WTF posts on the subject IMO.

I liked Crowell, always thought he played well. He is definitely better then Elison. Wish that he had got his knee taken care of soon after the season ended. This really hurts the LB's, Angelo was our best LB last year. But if K. Mitchell an Poz play up to expectations and Elison can play a little better we could still be good. With improved DL play, which we should get with Stroud, that should help/free up the LB's.

The FO and the coaches are not idiots, maybe far from perfect but they are not idiots. The best interests of the team is their primary concern, not any one player. They know excactly what kind of player Crowell is on the field, in the meeting room and in the locker room.

I expect we will be drafting a LB pretty early next draft.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Crowell messed-up by not having the surgery done earlier. That's basically what it comes down to.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                            • Mar 2003

Crowell will look like an ass bc of it to...how many people would want him as a teammate he pretty much said **** IT and hurt his team...so the team said FU right back at him

MUCK
                            FIAMI

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                              Actually, I had OLB and TE our top needs entering next offseason BEFORE all this. Im assuming that Evans is either resigned or tagged, and thats a safe bet.

So let me give you a short list:

FA:
                              Terrel Suggs- yeah right it will cost a fortune

Draft:

Brandon Spikes, Florida- I love his heart

Aaron Curry, Wake Forrest- All over the field and in on most every play, long arms, rushes the passer well

Marcus Freeman, Ohio State- a bit quiet so far but is a bigtime athelete

Curry is a stud, looks like a 2-4 rounder at this point. Spikes could sneak into the 1st round with Floridas attention, and he can play for sure.

Id love to see our 1st rounder go to Jermaine Gresham TE from OU, 93 yards and 2 TD's against Cinnci as a TE? are you kidding me? He had 11 last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X