PDA

View Full Version : Langston Walker

Saratoga Slim
09-06-2008, 01:56 PM
I was skeptical when we signed Walker last year, seemed like a lot of money for an average lineman. Or possibly even a lot of money for a bad lineman.

I felt a lot better about the signing over the course of last season, as he did a great job of holding things down at the RT position.

Over the course of the Jason Peters saga though, he's quickly become one of my favorite Bills. I think it's worth taking a moment to recognize the guy for his exceptional unselfishness in willingly converting to LT. In doing so, he agreed to play a position that he and everyone else knows he's not physically suited for. Yet he dove in and worked apparently without complaining, despite the fact that he was risking a season of not performing as well as he would have at his natural RT position--and thus eroding any goodwill he had earned with the fans over the course of last season, compiling bad stats that would haunt him in future contract talks, etc.

Sure, the guy has to play where the coaches tell him to. But nonetheless, we didn't hear a peep from him about it, and his performance in the preseason suggests that he worked very hard to make the transition.

Bottom line - well done Langston. And thanks.

BillsPride12
09-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Absolutely, props to Langston!

BillsFanInMass
09-06-2008, 05:55 PM
I thought for sure he was going to be horrible my raider fan friends were laughing at the signing of him. But he proved me and them wrong for sure.

Mitchy moo
09-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Team player for sure.

ServoBillieves
09-06-2008, 05:58 PM
I remember an article online a while ago stating that when he went down against the Colts, it proved his worth to this offensive line.

Without him or Peters, this is a very sketchy line.

Dockery is a rock, Butler is still somewhat unproven, and, well, Fowler...

Huge props to him.

DANMAN
09-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Well said Slim.

Langston was a excellent pick up. I thought he played very well last season.
May turn out to be a better addition then Dockery, for half the money to.

I like that he will be back at RT working next to Butler to help develope him and build chemistry with.

With Butler's extension, they will be playing next to each other for the next 4 years. The right side of our line could become a real strength, maybe as good as the left side.

Keep up the good work Langston.
With Peters hold out, Walker is now my favorite OT on the team.

Bravo82
09-06-2008, 06:49 PM
langston is a class act. team first kinda guy. gotta love it :up:

Mitchell55
09-06-2008, 06:55 PM
He does seem like a nice guy.

Come on TEDDY!