Breaking News"Travis Henry Calls McGahee Signing A "Slap In The Face"!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brian H
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Nov 2002

Breaking News"Travis Henry Calls McGahee Signing A "Slap In The Face"!!!!!!!!

"Travis Henry Shocked by McGahee Pick: The Bills selection of RB Willis McGahee in the first round of the draft yesterday shocked almost everyone, and none moreso than current staring RB Travis Henry. While team officials insist the selection was not made to send a message to Henry, last year's leading rusher called the move "A slap in the face". He went on to comment, "You don't draft a running back in the first round to be a backup. Maybe they are trying to tell me something. I don't know. I'm at a loss for words." He went on to say that he will welcome McGahee with open arms and understands that the team is more important than the individual. The situation will certainly get more interesting when McGahee completes his current rehabilitation and is ready to play. "

Credit:Bills Daily
    ProFootballCentral.com
  • Jaded 7
    Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
    • Jul 2002

You can't blame him. Not only did we pick a first round player that they didn't need, but they pick an injured player that they don't need!!!!! And, from what I've heard, his knee injury is fairly serious! Ridiculous, if you ask me.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
    The only answer I found for all this hurt
    Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Stewie
      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
      • Aug 2002

Well, what did you expect him to say?

"I'm glad they drafted him, I make my money anyway and I'd rather not get hurt."

or maybe

"Willis McGahee is a punk and I'm gonna kick him in the knee when he shows his face around here"

or possibly

"I ated the purple berries, they taste like burning!"
      Originally posted by Topdog
      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
      Originally posted by mercyrule
      I love Weiner.
      Originally posted by mercyrule
      also cheese

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

WE NEED A LINK!
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Look in the other thread about this there is a link there.

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

it's on the front page. It's been there for a few hours now. billszone.com (click on link in my signature)
            Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Yeah read the front page people are working hard to keep up on this stuff there. You should be honored to click on cntry's link I know I was.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by paulB
                Well, what did you expect him to say?

"I'm glad they drafted him, I make my money anyway and I'd rather not get hurt."

or maybe

"Willis McGahee is a punk and I'm gonna kick him in the knee when he shows his face around here"

or possibly

"I ated the purple berries, they taste like burning!"
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• HenryRules
                  • Jul 2002

He also had this to say:

"This is just another challenge for me. I had to fight for playing time at Tennessee against guys like Jamal Lewis, Shawn Bryson and Onterrio Smith (before he transferred to Oregon) at Tennessee, so I'm not afraid to compete. I'm looking forward to the challenge and proving to everybody that I'm still the best running back on this team."
                  Looks like Henry's not going to make it into a problem.

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
                    it's on the front page. It's been there for a few hours now. billszone.com (click on link in my signature)
                    Thanks I didn't know we had a front page!
                    Retired Air Traffic Controller
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• Jaded 7
                      Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12 Thanks I didn't know we had a front page!
                      Me neither.

You better watch comments like that, Doug () Cntry will kick your ass! She gets mad if you don't go to the front page at least once a day.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                      Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                      The only answer I found for all this hurt
                      Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                        • Jul 2002

I wouldn't get too worried about what people say on April 27th. This is a business and we'll have a better idea by late Aug.
                        Travis Henry is a very good back, but not a gamebreaker. McGahee is a gamebreaker who is injured, but has far more upsied. He is also a couple of years behind TH in blitz pickup and blocking.
                        Let's give them both a chance, and trust the people who are paid full time to decide these things. By late Aug we'll know more.
                        I also expect this situation to get worse before it gets better,. WM and his agent are going to come in with a top five $ request, and TD and our guys aren't going to want to talk lower than 23 money. Expect trouble, but expect a signing before the third pre-season game, in my view.
                        Last edited by Captain gameboy; 04-27-2003, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• HenryRules
                          • Jul 2002

No way will they be demanding top 5 money. I don't care how agressive his agent his, they know there's no way they can get top 5 money.

Don't forget, they know the NFL CBA too ... giving top 5 money to one player would be more than our entire rookie salary cap.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                            • Jul 2002

I'm not saying demand, I'm saying ask. The problem, as I see it, is that there's no reason to get a quick deal. The guy clearly isn't ready to go. As I said, I expect their demands to be a bit excessive and the Bills offer to be more humble. There's simply no incentive on either party.
                            I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

Well, there's no way they're going to ask for top 5 money either. It isn't possible for the Bills to give them top 5 money ... not for budgetary purposes, but because that single contract would not be approved by the NFL, so unless they want to break the ice by giving everyone a good laugh, they're not going to bring up top 5 money.

Comment

Working...
                              X