PDA

View Full Version : The most amazing thing I saw today....

OpIv37
09-07-2008, 05:27 PM
I still have work to do so my postgame review won't be ready until late. However, I have to comment on one thing:

For the first time in years (maybe a decade), the Bills THOROUGHLY outcoached their opponents. The blitzes, the offensive formation changes, the ST creativity- Seattle looked lost. And Holmgren's no slouch- he's been around forever and took his team to the SB. He was calling the offensive plays and Fewell was in his head all afternoon.

As I've said many times, I'm no big fan of Jauron. But he and his staff were pretty much perfect today. Nicely done.

Cntrygal
09-07-2008, 05:35 PM
:faint:

kidding Op! ;)

Crisis
09-07-2008, 05:36 PM
agreed.

i'm watching the dal-cle game right now and it just occured to me that jauron needs MAJOR props for minimizing our penalties, seems like before his staff came in we were always the team beating ourselves with an untimely holding call or something, setting team records in penalty stats is always good.

as for today though, first time i can remember where this team had a killer instinct for 60 minutes- between actually going for points with <40 seconds in the half (WHAT A CONCEPT!), the fake field goal, and the royal TD after the huge turnover...

gr8slayer
09-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Still work to be done.

Crisis
09-07-2008, 05:38 PM
i think its the first time ive seen a gameday thread in 3 years without 20 people complaining about playcalling too :D

SquishDaFish
09-07-2008, 05:38 PM
:lol: :clap:

OpIv37
09-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Still work to be done.

no doubt, but this was a HUGE difference from what we've seen over the last few years.

SquishDaFish
09-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Awesome posting Crisis Totally agree! :clap:

SquishDaFish
09-07-2008, 05:40 PM
For OP to say it you know for sure it was better then we have been seeing in YEARS!!

Philagape
09-07-2008, 05:42 PM
On both sides of the ball, the coaches look like they have real confidence in their players for the first time.
On defense it's been a three-year project, and now they've got (most of) the horses they want for what they want to do. Having DTs who consistently penetrated like they did today -- which is the focal point of a Cover 2 -- opens up a new world.
On offense, having a smart, versatile QB makes the playbook so much bigger, and now they have an OC who is happy to write that large playbook.
Also, the units (and ST) helped each other out like they should.

Confidence and cohesion.

shelby
09-07-2008, 06:26 PM
For OP to say it you know for sure it was better then we have been seeing in YEARS!!
That sums it up nicely.....great day!