PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead to next week

Scumbag College
09-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Vince Manuwai and Maurice Williams both left and didn't return. Jerry Porter didn't play with a hammy. We all know about Collier.

The Jags gave up seven sacks. Garrard, who had some crazy streak last year with 200+ pass attempts without an INT, threw two today.

Jacksonville is ripe for all sorts of a letdown. If the Bills can get up early, I think the Jaguars 12,000 fans or so will really turn on them.

camelcowboy
09-07-2008, 07:48 PM
LOL 12,000 nice crack back

Stewie
09-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I will see it in all its glory.

Kenny
09-07-2008, 08:50 PM
We beat a team we were supposed to beat today.

I think next week will really show whether we're contenders or not.

Romes
09-08-2008, 03:27 AM
I believe this will be a very tough game. Its Jax home opener and they'll be looking to rebound after a tough loss. They'll be very motivated.

On the other hand, we are on a high right now. I hope that DJ and Co can keep our guys focused enough.

Crisis
09-08-2008, 03:47 AM
ugh, i remember the last time we went to jacksonville after an amazing opener - blew jax out after 31-0 pats game, then lost to miami in SNF and the whole season went down the ****ter fast

Dujek
09-08-2008, 03:53 AM
The Jags will be looking to put their stamp on the season and get themselves up and running next week. No matter what injuries they have it will still be a tough game.

Dujek
09-08-2008, 03:53 AM
Can I get any more cliches into a post?

Romes
09-08-2008, 03:55 AM
You left out, "They will give 110%" :up:

Mr. Pink
09-08-2008, 04:04 AM
And, you also forgot, they have something to prove!

njsue
09-08-2008, 05:27 AM
This coming Sunday is the Jag's home opener.

The Jags play like street bullies.

THANK GOD Jason Peter's is coming back.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-08-2008, 05:32 AM
It is ALWAYS tough to win on the road in the NFL. And, as has been pointed out, this will be Jacksonville's home opener.

Even though Indy lost, the Jags have designs on winning their division and know that, if they don't, the Bills are one of the teams that they would have to beat out to make the playoffs. They also know that starting off 0-2 would not help them in either of these cases.

So, I expect them to come out tough.

The Bills are going to have to play as well or better than they did against Seattle to beat Jacksonville. The Jags are just about as good as Seattle, if not a tad better. And, the Bills won't have the great crowd they have at home to help psych them up and beat their opponent down next Sunday. (Although, they will have Stroud and you know the Bills defense will want to win this one for him.)

It is going to be a good test for the Bills. I think they can win it, but it will be a tough game.

DBrown77
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Stroud should have something to prove to Jacksonville and he will be going against a backup guard it looks like. Hope he steps it up even more this game

justasportsfan
09-08-2008, 09:41 AM
I feel bad for Garrard. He's gonna have a bullseye on his forehead when Stroud returns to Jax.

Pinkerton Security
09-08-2008, 09:44 AM
even with a weakened OL, this will be a very stringent test for our run D. Morris and Jones are one of the weaker RB combos in the league and MJD and Taylor are on of the best. I'm scared and excited to see what happens, bc if we can limit their running game then we have a very good chance to win. Thats what they hang their hat on and when its stopped, like yesterday, the passing game struggles, again just like yesterday.

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Can I get any more cliches into a post?
They will focus on one game at a time.

njsue
09-08-2008, 09:48 AM
They are shaking in their shoes in Jag's land.

Stroud vs the banged up oline :evil:

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic603898-6-1.aspx

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2008, 09:49 AM
They are shaking in their shoes in Jag's land.

Stroud vs the banged up oline :evil:

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic603898-6-1.aspx
There will be no hard feelings from Stroud. It's not a revenge game at all.

:ontome:

cocamide
09-08-2008, 09:54 AM
ugh, i remember the last time we went to jacksonville after an amazing opener - blew jax out after 31-0 pats game, then lost to miami in SNF and the whole season went down the ****ter fast

I won't be at the Jags game this year, so we'll be OK.

Patti120
09-08-2008, 10:16 AM
All that the coaching staff has to do is give our guys some cheeseburgers like Mularkey used to do for away games and we are guaranteed a win!

Kerr
09-08-2008, 10:24 AM
When wilford was with them he used to kill us on 3rd downs. Now he's buried on Miami's depth chart. Add in their injuries, I think the jags are in bigger trouble than they think they are.

njsue
09-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Greg Williams is the Jag's D Coordinator

yordad
09-08-2008, 11:13 AM
The Jags are gonna get jacked!

Lexwhat
09-08-2008, 11:39 AM
I believe this will be a very tough game. Its Jax home opener and they'll be looking to rebound after a tough loss. They'll be very motivated.

On the other hand, we are on a high right now. I hope that DJ and Co can keep our guys focused enough.

Good post. Like someone else mentioned, this is a very dangerous game, and one of our toughest tests of the year, IMO. Also, Week 1 games are hardest to use when predicting overall season success.

I remember back in 2005 when we beat the Texans in our home opener, and were on top of the world. Then we traveled to Florida and lost to Tampa Bay miserably. This year again, we are going to Florida and will be playing in the sweltering heat. The home field advantage is definitely there for the Jags.

Of course, this team is certainly better than the one we had in 2005. We may catch them at a good time (with their injuries), but it's definitely going to be tougher than the Seahawks game. I'm hopeful, but am not counting on a sure win.