PDA

View Full Version : Bradys injury may have been preventable

X-Era
09-07-2008, 07:32 PM
It makes sense to me that playing in games at full speed in the preseason would help you get ready for the regular season. It may help you learn how to stand, how to move, how to move your legs when you get hit to prevent injury. It may also help to get you into the swing of the pocket time.

Brady didnt play at all, and he may have not been ready and may have put himself at risk without knowing it due to rust.

The game is nasty, and all the preparation you can get helps. Yet the Pats played a game and kept him sidleined, they just lost bigtime.

Ickybaluky
09-07-2008, 07:43 PM
There was nothing preventable about that play. He was planting to throw and a guy fell into his legs. It happens all the time.

Injuries are part of the game. For the most part, you can't control them and have no power over what will happen. Sometimes players get hurt, so you move on to the next guy and keep playing. Sounds cold, but that is the game.

DynaPaul
09-07-2008, 08:00 PM
I think Edwards should have played more in the preseason. He looked WAY rusty in the beginning.

X-Era
09-07-2008, 08:02 PM
There was nothing preventable about that play. He was planting to throw and a guy fell into his legs. It happens all the time.

Injuries are part of the game. For the most part, you can't control them and have no power over what will happen. Sometimes players get hurt, so you move on to the next guy and keep playing. Sounds cold, but that is the game.

There is no way anyone can deny that preparing for the real games by playing in practice and the preseason helps plyers be physically ready. Some of that has to do with what hits they do and dont take.

Yes, the hit was fairly common, but he may have moved to the right with a less rusty mental clock.

I dont know and never will, but I think that preparation can prevent injury at times.

X-Era
09-07-2008, 08:04 PM
I think Edwards should have played more in the preseason. He looked WAY rusty in the beginning.

We had a big win, and I dont want to rain on it.

But he was not as good as he could be by any means in that first half. Its interesting that he continues to show some issues when he deals with weather.

I hope theres nothing further to it.

Mr. Pink
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
If you thought that injury was preventable...then every injury ever suffered by an NFL player is preventable.

Actually that's somewhat true!

Ya know, if they stay on the sidelines and never come on the field.

Lexwhat
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
http://www.nfl.com/

It's the breaking news on nfl.com home page.

streetkings01
09-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Karma is a mutha!

Slim
Play-off's or bust now.

Lexwhat
Brady suffered a serious knee injury against the Chiefs that will end his 2008 season, reports NFL Network’s Adam Schefter.

Meanwhile, free-agent quarterback Chris Simms (http://www.nfl.com/players/chrissimms/profile?id=SIM339462) is scheduled to arrive in New England Monday morning for a workout and a physical, Schefter reports. If all goes well, Simms could be a Patriot by the end of the day. Kansas City and Tennessee, each of whom had quarterbacks suffer significant injuries on Sunday, also have contacted Simms.

Michael82
09-07-2008, 09:06 PM
The AFC East is ours!!! :D

BillsNick
Well, this certainly does change things.

billsburgh
Culpepper retired too soon.

jamze132
09-08-2008, 03:17 AM
If they call about JP, it should cost them a 1st rounder.

Dujek
09-08-2008, 03:55 AM
If they call about JP, it should cost them a 1st rounder.

That was the first thing that came into my head when I heard Brady had been injured.