PDA

View Full Version : Where were they? - What did Hardy & McKelvin do on Sunday?

VeggieMan14
09-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Did he play at all today? i dont remember seeing him of course i wasnt rlly paying attention to players on the field cuz i was so pumped but i especially dont remember him

DraftBoy
09-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Honestly can't say I saw him or McKelvin, we didn't go four wide very often.

theanswer74
09-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Were we ever in the redzone?

Thats his area. Our TD's came from 30 and 21 yards out.

JJamezz
09-07-2008, 03:47 PM
I noticed McKelvin early on (very briefly), but not Hardy.

Bone
09-07-2008, 03:51 PM
I saw him on 1 play, but it was a run to Marshawn, didn't see Leodis at all.

VeggieMan14
09-07-2008, 03:54 PM
o welll it doesnt matter the bills stomped the seagulls

ServoBillieves
09-07-2008, 03:57 PM
I saw McKelvin for 3 plays the entire game.

Wether it was in the end zone, regular play, or what everso, I could not tell you, but I saw McLovin! As for James, i can honestly say I never saw him. We'll see what he can deliver this offense down the road?

Crisis
09-07-2008, 04:11 PM
the most i saw from hardy was him going up to marshawn after his td

DrastiK
09-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Where were Hardy and McKelvin in the game? I seen McKelvin suited up but no Hardy. Glad to see that our #1 pick is worth so much to us. I'm starting to think we wasted the pick on him because according to todays game, we do not need him at all.

cocamide
09-07-2008, 07:56 PM
What ever happened to taking the time to develop players? We'll need him if a CB or Roscoe gets injured.

BillsOwnAll
09-07-2008, 07:56 PM
clearly we wasted a pick because are rookie didn't start our first game of the season.

DrastiK
09-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Well i didn't meant to start this thread to bash McKelvin, but i was just stating, the most appealing thing about McKelvin is his return abilities and we didn't use him today.

But that's besides the point, does anyone know if we didn't use him because he was injured, or just because Parrish is our starting PR? And is Hardy going to be in next weeks game?

EricStratton
09-07-2008, 08:02 PM
A rookie CB behind a couple vets and a rookie WR behind a couple vets don't start game one and they are busts.

What the hell is wrong with you?

cocamide
09-07-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm OK with them waiting a while for McKelvin to play. There is no harm in the coaches easing him into the games.

However, I do agree with the bit about Hardy. He was expected to come in and make a difference. It's only one game though, so hopefully we'll see more of him soon. Of course, I don't think we got within the 15 yard line, so we couldn't run a quick fade to him in the endzone. I guess it's not a problem if we can score from 30 yards out!

OpIv37
09-07-2008, 08:50 PM
seriously, this could be a good thing.

Our D was great and our ST was dominant without McKelvin.

Our O was pretty damn good without Peters or Hardy.

If anything, there's potential to improve.

If we had lost or looked bad, I'd be pissed that we didn't get them in. But today, we didn't need them. If they don't play or they suck, who cares as long as we win? If they do play, they'll just make us better.

Ebenezer
09-08-2008, 01:52 AM
Rookie 2nd Round WR. Please show me where they have torn up the league the first few weeks of their careers.

Night Train
09-08-2008, 02:29 AM
We suck.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-08-2008, 07:54 AM
I agree with limiting them as needed during the early part of the game, but

I think we should have seen them both getting some work late in the game.

Why was McGee in there intercepting a ball late in the game? He should have been on the bench.

Mop up time is for backups. They need the practice!

Pinkerton Security
09-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Can someone who has broken down the game, or at least watched it more than this drunken, elated Bills fan, please give a report on what Hardy DID yesterday??? I didnt see him at all. He may well have been on the field the entire game and kicked a field goal as well, but I dont remember hearing his name or seeing him do anything meaningful. I was real excited to see him out there yesterday and almost forgot in the course of the game that he was on our team.

bigbub2352
09-08-2008, 12:11 PM
He did nothing, and barely played, i think i seen him on the feild like 2 times, about as much as McKelvin

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2008, 12:18 PM
I don't care what players are on the field as long as we are winning.

Mr. Miyagi
I wonder why that is. Are they just trying to break in the rookies slowly or what?

hammerbillsfan
He did nothing, and barely played, i think i seen him on the feild like 2 times, about as much as McKelvin

agreed

Pinkerton Security
09-08-2008, 12:19 PM

good point. And I guess what we should be most concerned with is his progression over the long haul. Just thought a couple catches, or even a Qb target, would be encouraging to see.

mayotm
09-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Early on, he probably won't play much except in the red zone. The Bills weren't in the red zone much yesterday, so he didn't play much.

hydro
I wonder why that is. Are they just trying to break in the rookies slowly or what?

He was injured most of camp. He must not have enough of the offense under grasp for the coaches to warrant putting him in.

Mski

even though he's not here anymore, that was levy's plan with all the rooks, break them in real slow, seems like juron is taking that approach

BAM
Rookie.

Tatonka
the way the game went, they really didnt need him out there.. he is probably still getting over the hammy injury and they are not in dire need right now. it wasnt like we had any passes down in the redzone.. marshawn scored from 20 yards out and royal did too.. we have vet receivers that were out there right now. it will take some time.. but hardy will be there when it is 3rd and goal from the 4 yard line.. no worries.

Pinkerton Security
09-08-2008, 12:21 PM
the way the game went, they really didnt need him out there.. he is probably still getting over the hammy injury and they are not in dire need right now. it wasnt like we had any passes down in the redzone.. marshawn scored from 20 yards out and royal did too.. we have vet receivers that were out there right now. it will take some time.. but hardy will be there when it is 3rd and goal from the 4 yard line.. no worries.

true. forgot about his hammy too. :rockon:

hydro
09-08-2008, 12:22 PM
he is probably still getting over the hammy injury and they are not in dire need right now.

I never thought of it until you said this. It WAS raining out. Not exactly ideal conditions for a player that has a healing leg injury.

DraftBoy
09-08-2008, 12:23 PM

I agree in principle with this, but I also disagree.

My favorite college team, Notre Dame went to back to back BCS bowls but played barely any Freshman and Sophmore for those year and when all those kids graduates what were we left with? A 2-9 team, playing rookies and youngsters is a double edged sword for sure and Im super pumped about our win on Sunday but I do want to see these guys get some time this season.

mysticsoto
09-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Hardy was only in on a handful of plays. I think that may have been smart. With a new OC, Seattle knew very little of what to expect offensively from us. So all the surprise was on our side and we didn't need to have Hardy there confused on plays. Next week and in subsequent weeks, I expect to start seeing Hardy more and more as he gets the playbook down, continues practicing (and even healing from his hammy). I expect him to be in select plays especially around the red zone and to be gradually introduced instead of thrown in the deep.

dannyek71
09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
They both got in for a handful of plays each, but were obviously non-factors