PDA

View Full Version : Info for the Jets Game Tailgate and Pre-party on Saturday evening:

WG
08-27-2002, 05:11 PM
Saturday, September 7th:
Pre-party

We'll be meeting at the Buffalo Brew Pub at 6 p.m. for an informal BillsZone get-together. Anyone is welcome whether they post here or not!

Directions to the Brew Pub:

From I-90, take exit 49 and proceed north for a couple of miles. The pub is on the near left intersection as you go north. That intersection is huge so it's very tough to miss. If you visit their site, there's a pic of the pub so you know what to look for.

Sunday, September 8th:

BILLS vs. JETS

We will be meeting at Sean's Stadium Sportswear store right near the intersection of Southwestern and Abbott. That's the main intersection on the NW corner of the stadium property. You can also park in the main lots and walk over if you prefer. We should be receiving some sort of break on parking or some sort of gift certificate per person if you park in his lot as an added bonus to BillsZone patrons.

The official address is: 3819 Abbott Rd. and the SSW's website is: http://www.sullystadiumsportswear.com/

Directions to SSW:

Option A: (preferred)

1. Take I-90 West to Exit 55 (US 219)
2. Take US 219 to Mile Strip Rd. (West)
3. Go under the Dull Green Railroad Bridge and make the 2nd LEFT AFTER THE BRIDGE (about 1/4 mil. after the bridge). This will be Abbott Rd.
4. Make a LEFT onto Abbott and go until you see the next intersection. There will be an entry point into SSW's lot just before you get to the light at Southwestern. You'll have a nice view of the stadium off to your far left.
5. Make the right into SSW's lot, pay and park.

Option B: (less preferred)

1. Take I-90 West to Exit 55 (US 219)
2. Take US 219 to Mile Strip Rd. (West)
3. Get in the LEFT LANE on Mile Strip
4. Go under the Dull Green Railroad Bridge and make the 1st LEFT AFTER THE BRIDGE (about 300’ after the bridge). This will be California.
5. Make a RIGHT onto US 20
6. Approach the next intersection after passing the main stadium lots on the left, and make a RIGHT into the SSW lots.

We'll set up for the party on Saturday and it will be right near the building somewhere. We're working on a banner at the moment although we're not sure whether it will be complete by then.

WG
08-27-2002, 05:16 PM
What to bring?

There's been a change of plans. Since I'll have had knee surgery on Thursday, I obviously won't be able to do wings. Nor will I even be at the game. However, I do believe that someone is going to cook up some wings and Mike will bring some sauce to the game. Other than that, nothing much will change.

We hope to be there by 8:30 a.m. on Sunday. We'll start breaking down at around Noon in order to get over to the stadium by 12:30 to get in and catch the player intros for that first game!

Bring any food or drinks that you like.

If anyone is interested in splitting rooms, or looking for directions, or other stuff, please let me know.

WG
08-27-2002, 05:20 PM
There's a 7-11 right next door to SSW's in case you forget anything food/drink wise.

In case you forget your Bills garb, I can't imagine, then you can get whatever you need at Stadium Sportswear. Just ask for Sean and let him know you're from BillsZone and he'll take care of ya. He's always been more than fair w/ me!!!

It's a great place to shop as your first Bills store anyway.

Ebenezer
08-29-2002, 01:10 PM
The get together at the Buffalo Brew Pub for Saturday night Sept 7 is on! We will meet at 6 PM for dinner and drinks. We have had some last minute cancellations and some last minute additions. Now is the time for EVERYBODY who plans to attend to let me know unless you are listed below:

Ebenezer (2) :ebenezer:
Clumping Platelets :hump: :spank:
Jaded 7 (2)
Sabre Ally
BillsFanOne
Dozerdog (2) :dozer:
Bufftp (2)
mybills (3)
bogus Trumper (2)

I apologize for those I have forgotten. If you are not listed it is probably because you have shown interest but have not confirmed at this point.

Do not post on this thread unless you are going. Please tell me how many are going and where you will be coming from (location or town). I will PM you directions on how to get there.

Thank you.

:patriot:

Novacane
09-05-2002, 08:29 AM
Come on Wys! Whats a little knee sugery. Haven't you ever heard of playing injured? I was so looking forward to your wings!

The_Philster
09-05-2002, 03:44 PM
I'm hurt you forgot me, Eb. I'll be there along with the Helmet Guy...at least for a couple of hours or so.

THATHURMANATOR
09-05-2002, 06:22 PM
I should be there for a bit!!!!!

The_Philster
09-05-2002, 06:27 PM
I'll be heading down to the Ralph to party with the Pinto Guy for a bit afterwards.

Ebenezer
09-06-2002, 06:58 AM
sorry...can't remember everything...

timfromjersey
09-06-2002, 07:51 AM
I'm heading up for the game saturday night, will be there early Sunday morning with three other people.

Might I join you for the tailgate party Sunday morning and If yes, what may I contribute towards it.

Patrick76777
09-06-2002, 07:56 AM
I don't think I'll be able to hit up dinner but I was hoping to stop by. I didn't know this was going on so early.......How deep into the nite do we plan on going?

mybills
09-06-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
Come on Wys! Whats a little knee sugery. Haven't you ever heard of playing injured? I was so looking forward to your wings!

Don't worry, you'll have wings with wys sauce. My friend will be making them for everybody :D

lordofgun
09-06-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by timfromjersey
I'm heading up for the game saturday night, will be there early Sunday morning with three other people.

Might I join you for the tailgate party Sunday morning and If yes, what may I contribute towards it.

Of course you can come! Everyone's invited...and bring those steak wraps i've been hearing about. :D

Patrick76777
09-06-2002, 10:31 AM
I've seen it around.....where can I find the map of the parking lots around the stadium?

Valerie
09-06-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777 I've seen it around.....where can I find the map of the parking lots around the stadium?
I have a copy of the stadium parking lots at home, but I'm bringing it with me. You want me to make you a copy, Patrick?

Patrick76777
09-06-2002, 10:41 AM
no thanks......a friend from work was looking to find my tailgate party and I'm trying to explain where I park.