PDA

View Full Version : The Bills won....BUT! The official complaint thread

Ebenezer
09-08-2008, 06:50 AM
Please register any complaints you had about yesterday's game in this forum.

Mine:
1. Pre-game tailgate - too short.
2. Post-game tailgate - wasn't able to go because I had to go to work.
3. The only penalty committed by the Bills was a blown call by the refs.

What says you?

billsburgh
09-08-2008, 06:53 AM
poor 3rd down conversion rate

Night Train
09-08-2008, 07:05 AM
But..

10. It rained
9. McCargo was inactive - (I'm going to start 5 threads on this)
8. Seattle was injured (This excuse only works for other teams)
7. It's only one game.
6. We need Punters to throw TD passes - we must suck.
5. Lynch didn't have 100 yards. WTF !
4. All Parrish can do is return punts.
3. Our #6 LB spot concerns me.
2. Bobby April has too much say on this roster

and the #1 official complaint.

1. It would have been better, with Favre as our QB !

BAM
09-08-2008, 07:12 AM
I have absolutely no complaints about that game and anyone that does is a complete ******.

Night Train
09-08-2008, 07:14 AM
I have absolutely no complaints about that game and anyone that does is a complete ******.

:up:

BAM. Did I hear you live on the Bills radio network at 1005 yesterday morning ?

HHURRICANE
09-08-2008, 07:18 AM
I think we have a very weak receiving corp. Edwards had to dump a bunch of throws because guys were not open.

Parrish is an awesome special team player but a very ineffective reciever. We are not going to make a playoff run with Evans and Reed catching 95% of the balls out there.

The Bills had a great game but are capable of so much more if Hardy or Johnson can step up.

However, great game and not much to complian about!!

BAM
09-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Yeah Norton called me over and asked me some questions. I am famous!

gr8slayer
09-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Still need to get Lynch more involved.

BAM
09-08-2008, 07:23 AM
I had no problem with Lynch being taken out. We were slaughtering them why risk injuring one of your best players? Jackson is a suitable backup.

gr8slayer
09-08-2008, 07:24 AM
I had no problem with Lynch being taken out. We were slaughtering them why risk injuring one of your best players? Jackson is a suitable backup.
I'm not talking about taking him out, I thought we needed to utilize him more throughout the game when we weren't killing them.

OpIv37
09-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Whitner still can't cover a friggin TE. He gave up two passes to a rookie.

Granted, he had the tipped pass on the blitz on the goal-line stand and he made one nice tackle to prevent a 3rd down conversion.

But it would be nice to see him make a play on the ball in the passing game more than once every 6 games.

HHURRICANE
09-08-2008, 07:32 AM
The game was awesome but:

1) I regret that we didn't pick up a veteran WR in the off-season. We need someone to step up and fast because we can't have Reed and Evans as our only two WRs.

2) Our run blocking needs to get better. I'm not sure why we can pass block so well and not run block better.

3) I think when you are up 34-10 at some point you need to sit your starters so they don't get hurt, especially on D.

4) Mr. Losman, you play on the Bills whether you like it or not. The "Kenny form South Park" routine is getting old. Geez. I'm sorry but seeing that makes me just want to trade his ass.

5) Greer scares me, that's all I'm going to say.

Ebenezer
09-08-2008, 07:33 AM
did you miss this thread? we don't need two complaint threads.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=160005

:shakeno:

dannyek71
09-08-2008, 07:34 AM

Norton is a cool guy. I got written up for drinking in college with his son.

Other than being too hungover at the tailgate, it was alot of fun.

The Spaz
09-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Christ I hear complaints when a team plays a complete game?

casdhf
09-08-2008, 07:39 AM
He could only come up with 5 lame ones though, so no worries!

HHURRICANE
09-08-2008, 07:44 AM
did you miss this thread? we don't need two complaint threads.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=160005

:shakeno:

No. Who cares about how the tailgating turned out. Put the tailgating discussion in some other forum. That's why I started the other thread. Maybe you guys shouldn't be so quick to merge threads all of the time.

It's getting ridiculous.

The Spaz
09-08-2008, 07:46 AM
No. Who cares about how the tailgating turned out. Put the tailgating discussion in some other forum. That's why I started the other thread. Maybe you guys shouldn't be so quick to merge threads all of the time.

It's getting ridiculous.

if you don't like it you could leave. I wouldn't mind...lol

HHURRICANE
09-08-2008, 07:51 AM
if you don't like it you could leave. I wouldn't mind...lol

Than change the name of the site to billsaregreat.com and leave out any original thoughts. We'll see how many people post here than.

Kenny
09-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Great game, -but if we're going to point out some negatives:

- TE looked rusty early on. Im hoping that it's because he's young & played very little in the preseason, and not because of the rain. That being said, he looked stronger as the game progressed, so Im not too worried.

- Fowler got blown up a few times. I know it's beating a dead horse, but we are pointing out negatives right?

Anyways, -we beat the crap out of team we were suppose to. Bring on the Jaguars!

mysticsoto
09-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Whitner still can't cover a friggin TE. He gave up two passes to a rookie.

Granted, he had the tipped pass on the blitz on the goal-line stand and he made one nice tackle to prevent a 3rd down conversion.

But it would be nice to see him make a play on the ball in the passing game more than once every 6 games.

Maybe that friggin TE is actually pretty good. I had him ranked as my #1 TE and he did go quickly in the draft. AND, despite being a rookie, he beat out all others and was capable of starting. How about you give him some credit instead of bashing Whitner???

SABuffalo786
09-08-2008, 08:01 AM
I would've liked to see Hardy involved a bit more (especially in the red zone) but he did his part yesterday by taking some heat off Evans.

Ebenezer
09-08-2008, 08:02 AM

It's getting ridiculous.
Those were my complaints...and other people had legit complaints posted in this thread before you started yours...and others are posting complaints currently...part of the mods job is to keep the threads streamlined.

ALL D
09-08-2008, 08:03 AM
my complaints are aimed at Peters...
how selfish are you and the truth is I hope you lose a lot of money because of it

hydro
09-08-2008, 08:05 AM
We had over 100 yards rushing on the day. Our run blocking isn't as terrible as advertised by many. It wasn't great but it was sufficient and should get a little better with the addition of Peters.

Dujek
09-08-2008, 08:10 AM
I didn't get home in time to watch the game live :(

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Trent needs to throw stronger. His long balls to Evans were consistently short. Evans had to wait for it every time. Had he been hit in stride, he would've scored at least 2 TDs yesterday.

blackonyx89
09-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Might as well post here. Trent needs to learn how to play in bad weather and he needs to score more TD's when his team isn't clicking on all cylinders. If he can average 3TD's and if the defense and special team can add some points, great things are ahead for this team!!!!

OpIv37
09-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Maybe that friggin TE is actually pretty good. I had him ranked as my #1 TE and he did go quickly in the draft. AND, despite being a rookie, he beat out all others and was capable of starting. How about you give him some credit instead of bashing Whitner???

I watched Carlson at Notre Dame. He wasn't even as good as Fasano.

But that's beside the point. Carlson is a friggin rookie TE. Whitner is a S drafted #8 overall with two years of experience. You're trying to tell me that Carlson is so good that he already has an advantage over Whitner?

This isn't the first time Whitner's been beaten in the passing game or by a TE. It happens ALL the time.

How about you start holding Whitner accountable for his performance and start expecting him to live up to his potential instead of blaming the other team, the DL, the coaches, etc for Whitner's lack of performance?

The guy consistently doesn't get the job done, and everyone on this board can't wait to run to his defense. It's sickening.

And btw, I did give him credit for the two plays he made. For some reason, you want him to get credit for what he does right but you blame everyone else for what he does wrong. Stop and think about that for a second.

Philagape
09-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Since this is the complaint thread, how about the Zone? Crashes repeatedly yesterday, the game thread died in the third quarter, couldn't get on at all late last night, and even this morning it's unbelievably bad. It took 10 minutes for this post to post. :tap:

The Spaz
09-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Since this is the complaint thread, how about the Zone? Crashes repeatedly yesterday, the game thread died in the third quarter, couldn't get on at all late last night, and even this morning it's unbelievably bad. It took 10 minutes for this post to post. :tap:

It was extremely slow yesterday and today as well. I'm sure they are working on it though.

Pinkerton Security
09-08-2008, 09:29 AM
I have one complaint: Maybe I was just too elated to really watch very carefully, but I barely remember seeing Hardy on the field. I was drinking as well, but would to have at least seen him catch a ball, maybe even be OPEN for a pass?? Can anyone who watched more closely shed some light on this?

camelcowboy
09-08-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm finding this site increasingly frustrating to navigate. Slow.

mysticsoto
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
I watched Carlson at Notre Dame. He wasn't even as good as Fasano.

But that's beside the point. Carlson is a friggin rookie TE. Whitner is a S drafted #8 overall with two years of experience. You're trying to tell me that Carlson is so good that he already has an advantage over Whitner?

This isn't the first time Whitner's been beaten in the passing game or by a TE. It happens ALL the time.

How about you start holding Whitner accountable for his performance and start expecting him to live up to his potential instead of blaming the other team, the DL, the coaches, etc for Whitner's lack of performance?

The guy consistently doesn't get the job done, and everyone on this board can't wait to run to his defense. It's sickening.

And btw, I did give him credit for the two plays he made. For some reason, you want him to get credit for what he does right but you blame everyone else for what he does wrong. Stop and think about that for a second.

All I said was that Carlson was good enough to start on the team - even as a rookie. Guess what that means? He grasped the offense well enough to start over the veterans on the team. And I'm not blaming anyone for anything - you are. Could Whitner have played those situations a little better - yeah, maybe. But to think that the other team is not going to get any completions at any point would be a ridiculous belief anyway. He is still not playing at an elite level, but he's playing okay. And for now, that's good enough for me!

Dr. Lecter
09-08-2008, 09:43 AM
So now Whitner must shut out every TE he plays or he sucks?

C'mon Op. You loathe, hate and despise Whitner and the ground he walks on (we know that), but you are look and look and try to nitpick him more than you do any other player.

Greer gave up a TD pass and McGee would have gave one up had Burleson not dropped the pass. Evans and Lynch each dropped two passes that were worse plays than Whitner's 'missed' coverages.

You also pointed out those plays and added "well he did make make two very good plays too, but who cares" type of comment.

Show some objectivity with the guy.

OpIv37
All I said was that Carlson was good enough to start on the team - even as a rookie. Guess what that means? He grasped the offense well enough to start over the veterans on the team. And I'm not blaming anyone for anything - you are. Could Whitner have played those situations a little better - yeah, maybe. But to think that the other team is not going to get any completions at any point would be a ridiculous belief anyway. He is still not playing at an elite level, but he's playing okay. And for now, that's good enough for me!

He certainly wasn't a liability yesterday. He made two good plays and two bad ones, and the bad ones didn't lead to scores or even come at crucial points in the game.

I just keep hearing about how he's such a huge hitter and a big run stuffer and how he should be better with a better pass rush. I keep waiting for him to live up to that #8 draft pick status and he never does. That's my frustration with him.

At this point it's a minor complaint because he didn't hurt the team, but yesterday's game went so well that there isn't much to complain about.

billsburgh
We had over 100 yards rushing on the day. Our run blocking isn't as terrible as advertised by many. It wasn't great but it was sufficient and should get a little better with the addition of Peters.
3rd and 1 gets blown up for a loss on the opening drive. in the 4th quarter when they were trying to run out the clock, they wen 3 and out twice.

justasportsfan
09-08-2008, 09:45 AM

That still wouldn't be enough . Even if he was a HOF safety, OP would find something to complain about.

OpIv37
09-08-2008, 09:49 AM

C'mon Op. You loathe, hate and despise Whitner and the ground he walks on (we know that), but you are look and look and try to nitpick him more than you do any other player.

Greer gave up a TD pass and McGee would have gave one up had Burleson not dropped the pass. Evans and Lynch each dropped two passes that were worse plays than Whitner's 'missed' coverages.

You also pointed out those plays and added "well he did make make two very good plays too, but who cares" type of comment.

What? are you kidding me? I mentioned his good plays and his bad plays- how much more objectivity do you want? I'm the ONLY one on this board who looks at Whitner objectively- everyone else blames the coach, the DL, the other team, or anyone else for Whitner's lack of performance.

Seattle hardly completed any passes yesterday. Two that they did complete were right in Whitner's face. In case you didn't notice, Lee had over 100 yards receiving. In case you didn't notice, Lynch had a 21 yard TD run and several plays where he made something out of nothing. What plays did Whitner have that were on that level?

Excuse the hell out of me for expecting a safety drafted at #8 to get his hands on the ball once in a while and be a factor in the passing game. Yeah, I nitpick him more because of how he was obtained. The expectations on him should be higher and he consistently fails to live up to them. Then I have to come on here and read everyone talking about how great he is, or at least sticking up for him all the time.

BTW, on the dropped TD pass, it was blown coverage by Poz- he was supposed to get a deeper drop and stay with that WR longer. McGee may have been a little late, but that one was mostly on Poz.

The Spaz
09-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Or that Mcgee fell down on the coverage...

OpIv37
09-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Or that Mcgee fell down on the coverage...

yeah, did you watch the play? McGee was going the other way to cover his zone. When Poz released the guy too early, he had to stop and immediately reverse field. That's why he fell- he was trying to cover two zones at once.

FlyingDutchman
09-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Beer cost way too ****ing much at the stadium

Dr. Lecter
09-08-2008, 10:25 AM
What? are you kidding me? I mentioned his good plays and his bad plays- how much more objectivity do you want? I'm the ONLY one on this board who looks at Whitner objectively- everyone else blames the coach, the DL, the other team, or anyone else for Whitner's lack of performance.

You are missing my point, because you are not objective.

Whitner let a TE catch two passes. If you expect him to shut out the TE every single game, that will not happen. The two positive plays he made (especially the pass deflection on the blitz) were of greater magnitude than a TE catching two balls. Yet in your analysis they were an afterthought.

To summarize: is a TE catching two passes really a negative? Especially on a team that had practice squad WR's on the field and were more likely to try and force passes to the TE?

Kerr
09-08-2008, 10:35 AM

If fairness to Greer, he had great coverage on Burleson. Burleson just made a spectacular catch.

HAMMER
09-08-2008, 10:36 AM

Seattle hardly completed any passes yesterday. Two that they did complete were right in Whitner's face. In case you didn't notice, Lee had over 100 yards receiving. In case you didn't notice, Lynch had a 21 yard TD run and several plays where he made something out of nothing. What plays did Whitner have that were on that level?

Excuse the hell out of me for expecting a safety drafted at #8 to get his hands on the ball once in a while and be a factor in the passing game. Yeah, I nitpick him more because of how he was obtained. The expectations on him should be higher and he consistently fails to live up to them. Then I have to come on here and read everyone talking about how great he is, or at least sticking up for him all the time.

BTW, on the dropped TD pass, it was blown coverage by Poz- he was supposed to get a deeper drop and stay with that WR longer. McGee may have been a little late, but that one was mostly on Poz.

Don't be so analytical, it never stops with you. The Bills won and looked stellar doing it, enjoy the victory.

OpIv37
09-08-2008, 10:37 AM
You are missing my point, because you are not objective.

Whitner let a TE catch two passes. If you expect him to shut out the TE every single game, that will not happen. The two positive plays he made (especially the pass deflection on the blitz) were of greater magnitude than a TE catching two balls. Yet in your analysis they were an afterthought.

To summarize: is a TE catching two passes really a negative? Especially on a team that had practice squad WR's on the field and were more likely to try and force passes to the TE?

I don't expect him to do it EVERY single game. I expect him to do it once in a while, like maybe in a game with a struggling QB where all the other WR's are injured and the TE is an obvious target. If he couldn't do it against a team that was playing as bad as Seattle was yesterday, what makes you think he can do it against a better team later on?

BTW, you said they were an afterthought- I didn't. Your interpretation through your biased opinion of my posts doesn't equal the truth.

OpIv37
09-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Don't be so analytical, it never stops with you. The Bills won and looked stellar doing it, enjoy the victory.

I said a lot of good things yesterday- I just brought it up in here because it's the complaint thread.

hammerbillsfan
09-08-2008, 11:25 AM
The only complaint from the game was that ****er Mad Bomber was sitting beside me. :snicker: :D

chernobylwraiths
09-08-2008, 11:25 AM
I said a lot of good things yesterday- I just brought it up in here because it's the complaint thread.

Pretty sad that the complaint thread isn't 10 pages long yet. You better step up your game. Unfortunately for you they played pretty good, but cheer up, there are 15 more games for them to screw up. :D

Objectively:

1. The running game was average at best and Lynch made most of the yards by himself (with the exception of the TD run).

2. Offensive special teams played great but the coverage units still need a little work.

3. 3rd and one and the line blown back into the backfield?

4. Team has to play smarter, I never see the Bills do this but when a play is questionable, they have to get to the line and run a play. That Evans catch would probably have been ruled out of bounds because of the new rule. (And Evans was clearly holding on the Lynch TD run)

5. A little nervous still of TE and his playing in poor weather. He didn't look good when it was raining and although it was windy too from what I heard, I will start getting sick of the excuses. This is Buffalo, bad weather happens, a LOT. Wear gloves or something.

PromoTheRobot
09-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Run blocking somewhat lacking, but Seattle is very good against the run.

PTR

madness
09-08-2008, 12:15 PM

Tards are happy.

madness
09-08-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm a little pissed that we gave up that TD, actually. If Greer stays on his feet, it would have never happened. :D

Night Train
09-08-2008, 12:19 PM
He was known as Snortin' Norton for years. You probably looked like a guy who might be holding. :up:

Ebenezer
09-08-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm a little pissed that we gave up that TD, actually. If Greer stays on his feet, it would have never happened. :D
if the refs hadn't called a phantom interference penalty it would never have happened.

hydro
09-08-2008, 12:23 PM
if the refs hadn't called a phantom interference penalty it would never have happened.

That was an absolutely terrible call. Although we might have gotten away with a few so I will let it slide :D:

Lexwhat
09-08-2008, 12:24 PM
On Defense: Keith Ellison did not play well. His weak play forces others to compensate.

Offense: Melvin Fowler. There was another post mentioning how he made a good play on Lynch's TD run, but his overall game was not that good, IMO. Melvin Fowler will always be an average player.

Ebenezer
09-08-2008, 12:30 PM
On Defense: Keith Ellison did not play well. His weak play forces others to compensate.

Offense: Melvin Fowler. There was another post mentioning how he made a good play on Lynch's TD run, but his overall game was not that good, IMO. Melvin Fowler will always be an average player.

Ellison had some great downfield coverage on a couple of plays staying with a WR downfield 30+ yards.

There is more to being a center than pancaking a DT or a MLB. Fowler has to make all the line calls and have them in a position to make the proper blocks. The line provided enough blocking for a 100 yd day rushing and only yielded one coverage (or TE held onto the ball too long) sack and there were almost no QB pressures. I'd say it was a job well done.

Michael82
09-08-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm worried that Trent Edwards struggles in bad weather. It's no coincidence that he played much better in the 2nd half, one the rain started going away. If we are to get to the playoffs and fight for the decision, Edwards and the offense has to improve in rain games, snow games and any soggy football games. I hope the team starts practicing in the rain, snow and even using waterlogged footballs, because we need it.

Ebenezer
09-08-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm worried that Trent Edwards stuggles in bad weather. It's no coicidence that he played much better in the 2nd half, one the rain started going away. If we are to get to the playoffs and fight for the decision, Edwards and the offense has to improve in rain games, snow games and any soggy football games. I hope the team starts practicing in the rain, snow and even using waterlogged footballs, because we need it.
there were two teams out there Mikey. Seattle didn't get any better when the rain stopped.

Valerie
09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Please register any complaints you had about yesterday's game in this forum.

Mine:
1. Pre-game tailgate - too short.
2. Post-game tailgate - wasn't able to go because I had to go to work.
3. The only penalty committed by the Bills was a blown call by the refs.

What says you?
1. Brunner's started too early. It should run from 7:30 - 10:30. We pack too much into one day (Duffs and Brunners)
2. The weather SUCKED!!!! :down: Thankfully it was nice for the tailgate, but it was truly miserable for the game.

Other than that, I had a GREAT weekend! It was a great game and I got to hang out with a lot of wonderful people! :heart: :up:

Michael82
09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
there were two teams out there Mikey. Seattle didn't get any better when the rain stopped.
True, but so far he has struggled big time in the bad weather games. If he is going to be a good quarterback, especially in a place like Buffalo...he has to learn how to play in the ****ty weather.

Ebenezer
09-08-2008, 12:48 PM
True, but so far he has struggled big time in the bad weather games. If he is going to be a good quarterback, especially in a place like Buffalo...he has to learn how to play in the ****ty weather.
How many pro starts? You can bring in a number of QBs and they will struggle with this weather until they get a feel for it. The offense is not set up to need a QB like Kelly. This kid simply has to learn to manage the team and not make major mistakes. He doesn't have to throw for 300 and 3TDs in the rain if he can do that. Yesterday proved that.