Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2008, 07:50 AM
KARMA, *****es!

OK two words.

Remember that Wilfork hit on JP's knee?

How does your own medicine taste now? :laughter:

imbondz
09-08-2008, 07:51 AM
if you believe in Karma, then i'd be careful how much you mock and laugh at them!

Ickybaluky
09-08-2008, 08:02 AM
I don't believe in chance. It has nothing to do with anything.

Actually, if you were going to pick one word for the Pats it would be: Resilient.

They are far from done.

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2008, 08:14 AM

Actually, if you were going to pick one word for the Pats it would be: Resilient.

They are far from done.
:rofl:

They barely beat the worst team in the league yesterday.

There will be no playoffs for the Pats this year. Mark my words.

Bufftp
09-08-2008, 08:35 AM

They are far from done.
I agree.

njsue
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
SMOKED

Ickybaluky
09-08-2008, 09:41 AM
They barely beat the worst team in the league yesterday.

There will be no playoffs for the Pats this year. Mark my words.

The only thing we know for sure is they are 1-0, same as the Bills.

blackonyx89
09-08-2008, 10:47 AM
SMOKED

TOAST!!!

tat2dmike77
09-08-2008, 11:36 AM
I just find it funny that some of the players are using the word "dirty" to describe the hit on Brady. Just a funny observation i noticed.

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2008, 11:45 AM
As I said on NBC Sunday night, the big telltale sign for Brady was not coming back out to the field once he got hurt. If the injury was minor, the never-let-'em-see-you-sweat idol would have made his way back to the field. He didn't. Some Patriots thought the play was dirty, including Randy Moss.

I spoke with two recent retirees, John Lynch and Vinny Testaverde, Sunday night about the injury and the play.

Lynch, watching from home in Denver, didn't think it was dirty. Important man to ask; he's spent his career in football blitzing and trying to get at quarterbacks the way Pollard did Sunday. And he got fairly close to Brady on a recent short trial with the Patriots.

"There's no way that was a dirty play,'' Lynch said. "It's easy to look at a play in slow-motion and say, 'Oh, he should have been able to stop.' Totally unrealistic. Things are moving so fast out there. Pollard was going for Tom, and it looked like he was somewhat blocked into him.''

Somewhat blocked into him. Good way to put it, if you saw it. As Lynch says, it's impossible to even imply that Pollard's intent was to crash into the side of Brady's knee.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/09/07/week1/index.html?eref=T1

A dirty play is what Wilfork did to JP.

http://www.youtube.com/v/3POT8n2Qk3g&hl=en&fs=1

This Brady hit was much more like Kimo von Oelhoffen accidental roll onto Carson Palmer's knee several years ago. It was clearly unintentional.

http://www.youtube.com/v/wnHcSujDMh4&hl=en&fs=1

njsue
09-08-2008, 12:24 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/09/07/week1/index.html?eref=T1

A dirty play is what Wilfork did to JP.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3POT8n2Qk3g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3POT8n2Qk3g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This Brady hit was much more like Kimo von Oelhoffen accidental roll onto Carson Palmer's knee several years ago. It was clearly unintentional.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wnHcSujDMh4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wnHcSujDMh4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What comes around goes around! :snicker:

Ickybaluky
09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
There was nothing dirty about either play.

People love to look at stuff in slow motion and make a judgment. When players are going at full speed things happen. Sometimes guys fall and in the process of making a play hit someone where they shouldn't. When you have a helmet on, are being blocked and going full speed, accidents happen.

Brady has had guys roll up on his legs before. Every QB has. Sometimes it gets caught the wrong way and guys get hurt. So you bring in the next guy and move on.

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2008, 02:05 PM
There was nothing dirty about either play.

People love to look at stuff in slow motion and make a judgment. When players are going at full speed things happen. Sometimes guys fall and in the process of making a play hit someone where they shouldn't. When you have a helmet on, are being blocked and going full speed, accidents happen.

Brady has had guys roll up on his legs before. Every QB has. Sometimes it gets caught the wrong way and guys get hurt. So you bring in the next guy and move on.
Holy denial.

Nothing dirty about the Wilfork play? He intentionally lifted up his forearm to brace for the impact. And it was very very late. If he was going for the tackle, his arms would've been straight out with his hands open.

He was also fined for it. If the league didn't think it was intentionally dirty there would not have been a fine.

How about that eye poking on Brandon Jacbos last year? Was that an accident too?

Wilfork is a dirty rat, learned well from Rodney Harrison. Admit it.

Ickybaluky
09-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Holy denial.

Nothing dirty about the Wilfork play? He intentionally lifted up his forearm to brace for the impact. And it was very very late. If he was going for the tackle, his arms would've been straight out with his hands open.

He was also fined for it. If the league didn't think it was intentionally dirty there would not have been a fine.

How about that eye poking on Brandon Jacbos last year? Was that an accident too?

Wilfork is a dirty rat, learned well from Rodney Harrison. Admit it.

Harrison is a HOF player. And Wilfork never poked Jacobs in the eye, he stuck his finger in his face.

You are the type that won't be happy until they are playing flag football with skirts on. It is a physical game and sometimes guys get hurt. You are just soft.

utmhead
09-08-2008, 02:22 PM
I can't wait for the pats to Win the division even without Brady. It is gonna make the games closer now. Instead of Winning by 30 they will win by 14. Should be fun.

njsue
09-08-2008, 10:09 PM
I can't wait for the pats to Win the division even without Brady. It is gonna make the games closer now. Instead of Winning by 30 they will win by 14. Should be fun.

How long do you plan on waiting? :roflmao:

Mr. Pink
09-08-2008, 10:22 PM
The Pats have the coaching and enough talent to still finish over .500...

But they'll fall back down to the rest of the pack and it's gonna be a dogfight for te division title.

10-6 could now very easily win the AFCE and the Pats, Bills and Jets can all likely get there.

LtFinFan66
09-08-2008, 10:30 PM
KARMA, *****es!

OK two words.

Remember that Wilfork hit on JP's knee?

How does your own medicine taste now? :laughter:The hit on JP was a cheapshot....this was not

njsue
09-09-2008, 04:40 AM
DOOMED :roflmao:

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Harrison is a HOF player. And Wilfork never poked Jacobs in the eye, he stuck his finger in his face.

You are the type that won't be happy until they are playing flag football with skirts on. It is a physical game and sometimes guys get hurt. You are just soft.
Exactly which physical aspect of the game justifies reaching into another person's face mask with your finger towards the eye when the play was long long over?

You're a pathetic Patriot apologist. Fandom is one thing, but when your team clearly has dirty players and you can't even bring yourself to accept it, even when they have that dirty reputation among the rest of the league, you're now in complete and utter denial.

Enjoy a 4 win season. I hope Brady never ****ing walks again. KARMA is a ***** ain't it? :rofl:

Ickybaluky
09-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Exactly which physical aspect of the game justifies reaching into another person's face mask with your finger towards the eye when the play was long long over?

You're a pathetic Patriot apologist. Fandom is one thing, but when your team clearly has dirty players and you can't even bring yourself to accept it, even when they have that dirty reputation among the rest of the league, you're now in complete and utter denial.

Enjoy a 4 win season. I hope Brady never ****ing walks again. KARMA is a ***** ain't it? :rofl:

The Wilfork/Jacobs thing was simple trash talking. The two players are actually friends.

Your hatred of the Pats is not relevant to this conversation.

You are typical of the soft fans that are ruining the NFL. The game is getting so watered down because of over-legislation and fining of normal football plays.

I love how people sit and look at something in slow motion on TV and make a judgment on intent. A guy is getting blocked and falling down and reaches out. He has a helmet on and is going full speed. To think he has time to think and pre-meditate anything is silly.

However, people get all dramatic and demand punishment, so players are getting fined for simple football plays. It ruins the game because it reduces their aggressiveness, turning defense into a non-entity. They keep softening up the rules and taking out the physical part of the game, which is what separates it from other sports.

Injuries happen and you move on. The players understand that, I'm not sure why the fans get all up-in-arms about it. I think the last dirty play I saw in the NFL was in 1986 when Charles Martin body-slammed Jim McMahon long after the play. You get occasional non-play stuff, like Haynesworth stomping, but any real dirty play during play is from a bygone era. There are no dirty players anymore, just individual corporate entities that have lunch together in the offseason.

However, that isn't good enough for people like you with your soccer-mom mentality. You want to take all the aggressiveness out of the game and turn it into flag football. You won't be happy until they stop keeping score so that nobody is upset when they lose.

I have no respect for that attitude. I could care less about injuries even if they happen to the Pats, they are just part of the game. However, I can't stand the attitudes that are ruining in the one uniquely American game.

El Guapo
09-09-2008, 09:30 AM

They are far from done.

They are dogs against the mighty Jets this weekend.

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 09:42 AM
The Wilfork/Jacobs thing was simple trash talking. The two players are actually friends.

Your hatred of the Pats is not relevant to this conversation.

You are typical of the soft fans that are ruining the NFL. The game is getting so watered down because of over-legislation and fining of normal football plays.

I love how people sit and look at something in slow motion on TV and make a judgment on intent. A guy is getting blocked and falling down and reaches out. He has a helmet on and is going full speed. To think he has time to think and pre-meditate anything is silly.

However, people get all dramatic and demand punishment, so players are getting fined for simple football plays. It ruins the game because it reduces their aggressiveness, turning defense into a non-entity. They keep softening up the rules and taking out the physical part of the game, which is what separates it from other sports.

Injuries happen and you move on. The players understand that, I'm not sure why the fans get all up-in-arms about it. I think the last dirty play I saw in the NFL was in 1986 when Charles Martin body-slammed Jim McMahon long after the play. You get occasional non-play stuff, like Haynesworth stomping, but any real dirty play during play is from a bygone era. There are no dirty players anymore, just individual corporate entities that have lunch together in the offseason.

However, that isn't good enough for people like you with your soccer-mom mentality. You want to take all the aggressiveness out of the game and turn it into flag football. You won't be happy until they stop keeping score so that nobody is upset when they lose.

I have no respect for that attitude. I could care less about injuries even if they happen to the Pats, they are just part of the game. However, I can't stand the attitudes that are ruining in the one uniquely American game.
Should we bring back horse collar then? Blocking below the knees? Helmet to helmet hits? Stomping on faces? Body slams?

How about teaching some MMA moves to the linebackers? Is that physical enough of a game to you?

I'm glad Brady is out. I hope Cassel gets hurt this weekend too. Someone give Randy Moss and horse collar and take him out for the season and see how you'll like that.

Ickybaluky
09-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Should we bring back horse collar then? Blocking below the knees? Helmet to helmet hits? Stomping on faces? Body slams?

That is why they have penalties. If something occurs during the play which is illegal, the referee's job is to throw the flag. I don't know if you have ever noticed them during the game --> they are the guys in the striped shirts.

You do realize they have been playing this game for a long time, right? It has worked fine, so why all of a sudden is there a need to levy huge fines? What are the flags for?

How about teaching some MMA moves to the linebackers? Is that physical enough of a game to you?

I want the game to be played by the rules. If someone breaks the rules, the ref can throw the flag.

Sometimes things happen during a game because players are playing hard and aggressive. Bernard Pollard, who is a good, young player, didn't mean to hurt Brady. He was trying to make a play. He was aggressively trying to get to the QB and caused a serious knee injury. Why do we need to read intent into that? Can't you see it was just a football play? Why do we need to analyze it?

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 10:21 AM
I agree with you, that the hit on Brady was unintentional. It was a clean play, just like I said before. We are talking about the dirty play by Wilfork on JP, which was clearly a dirty play. And they DID throw a flag for 15 yard penalty at the time. After league review, they also fined Wilfork for that hit and deemed it illegal. Don't you remember? So how was that play NOT dirty again?

The discussion here is about whether Wilfork is a dirty player. If he has been fined by the league multiple times for illegal hits, he's dirty. There is still no excuse for the eye poking. You can't just write it off as physical play in the sport, because it was long after the play was dead.

Ickybaluky
09-09-2008, 10:26 AM
I agree with you, that the hit on Brady was unintentional. It was a clean play, just like I said before. We are talking about the dirty play by Wilfork on JP, which was clearly a dirty play. They didn't throw a flag at the time because the refs missed it. After league review, they fined Wilfork for that hit and deemed it illegal. Don't you remember?

The discussion here is about whether Wilfork is a dirty player. If he has been fined by the league multiple times for illegal hits, he's dirty. There is still no excuse for the eye poking. You can't just write it off as physical play in the sport, because it was long after the play was dead.

The Wilfork and Pollard plays were essentially the same play.

That is why Wilfork was upset, because in his mind he shouldn't have been fined. Granted, the NFL reduced Wilfork's fine (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/09/09/ruling_on_chiefs_hit_isnt_fine_with_wilfork/) from $12,500 to $2,500 on appeal, but in his mind that is a double-standard. He isn't upset about the Pollard play, he is upset he was fined.

BTW, you keep spreading misinformation. He didn't poke the guy in the eye. He stuck his finger in his face while trash talking.

The King
09-09-2008, 10:26 AM
I put the Pats at 10-6 this year as long as we do our job and beat them. We will be fine. The Pats will still be good enough to win games.

The King
09-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Im glad Wilfork hit JP by the way. That opened the door for Trent.

Ickybaluky
09-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Im glad Wilfork hit JP by the way. That opened the door for Trent.

Kind of how I feel about Mo Lewis.

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 10:41 AM
BTW, you keep spreading misinformation. He didn't poke the guy in the eye. He stuck his finger in his face while trash talking.
Oh and he did that because what? He wanted Jacob to see his finger up close?

You're so blinded it's pathetic. :rolleyes:

Ickybaluky
09-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Oh and he did that because what? He wanted Jacob to see his finger up close?

You're so blinded it's pathetic. :rolleyes:

Because he was trying to stick his finger in his face, which is what guys do when they trash talk. Jacobs himself didn't have a problem with it. The two guys know each other.

You have hardly defined yourself as a bastion of impartiality. You have established you judge things based on your emotions. That is fine, but I have been impartial. I dont' think the Pollard play was dirty either.

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Because he was trying to stick his finger in his face, which is what guys do when they trash talk. Jacobs himself didn't have a problem with it. The two guys know each other.
:rofl: Show me another incident where someone sticks his finger through the face mask just to trash talk. How about in any other sport at all, that someone sticks his finger so close to another person's eye for smack talking?

You get that close to the eye, your intention is to poke it.

Deny it all you want, but you won't make any sense.

:rofl:

Ickybaluky
09-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Miyagi, seriously, do you even watch the game? Or, do you just like the drama. Do you just like to attach yourself to some team so you can live vicariously or something?

Because you don't really talk much about the game itself. Your loss.

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Miyagi, seriously, do you even watch the game? Or, do you just like the drama. Do you just like to attach yourself to some team so you can live vicariously or something?

Because you don't really talk much about the game itself. Your loss.
I watch the same games as the rest of the country does. I see that Wilfork is a dirty player like the rest of the country thinks, outside of Boston and Patriot fans of course. You're in the minority of being blinded, defensive, and delusional. Not me.

Ickybaluky
09-09-2008, 11:19 AM
I watch the same games as the rest of the country does. I see that Wilfork is a dirty player like the rest of the country thinks, outside of Boston and Patriot fans of course. You're in the minority of being blinded, defensive, and delusional. Not me.

No, I'm in the minority in that I actually like to watch the games. You would rather watch a soap opera, so you invent one.

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 11:29 AM
No, I'm in the minority in that I actually like to watch the games. You would rather watch a soap opera, so you invent one. Whatever that means. You stopped making sense and veered away from the issue a long while back.

RockStar36
09-09-2008, 11:31 AM
It's karma.

Not only the hit on J.P., but all the running up the score last year to inflate stats. You get what comes to you. If it was anyone else in the league I would've felt bad but I don't. Ask Carson Palmer how well he came back from his injury.

RockStar36
09-09-2008, 11:31 AM
No, I'm in the minority in that I actually like to watch the games. You would rather watch a soap opera, so you invent one.

Even Bill Simmons said the Wilfork hit was dirty so I'd say it's pretty hard for you to deny.

mybills
09-09-2008, 11:35 AM
August 25, 2008...

that's just it..they're NOT the Pats of last year. They're getting too old and have no good QB's other than Brady. If the line is too old to protect him, Brady's out & what does that leave them?

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/mybills/elbow.jpg

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 11:39 AM
August 25, 2008...

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/mybills/elbow.jpg That doesn't look like he was "bracing for the fall", does it?

Ickybaluky
09-09-2008, 12:31 PM
None of this actually means anything. They still have to play the games.

I'm actually kind of excited to see if Cassell can do the job, given he is a complete unknown. The only thing to judge him on is last week, and he got the job done. I think that is promising.

Ickybaluky
09-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Even Bill Simmons said the Wilfork hit was dirty so I'd say it's pretty hard for you to deny.

Are you kidding me? What does Bill Simmons have to do with sports? He is the head drama queen, who writes for all the other drama queens.

RockStar36
09-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Are you kidding me? What does Bill Simmons have to do with sports? He is the head drama queen, who writes for all the other drama queens.

He is one of the biggest Boston homers of all time.

Ickybaluky
09-09-2008, 01:47 PM
He is one of the biggest Boston homers of all time.

That doesn't mean he knows what he is talking about. And he isn't from Boston or NE. He grew up in Connecticut. That makes him a NY-er.

His schtick is simple. He writes up stupid theories and creates drama, but none of it has any basis in fact. Granted, he does it well, so he makes a good living doing it. However, he is the writing equivalent of Sports Talk Radio.

RockStar36
09-09-2008, 01:52 PM
So are you saying that Wilfork's hit on Losman was clean and the hit on Brady was dirty?

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 01:57 PM
That doesn't mean he knows what he is talking about. And he isn't from Boston or NE. He grew up in Connecticut. That makes him a NY-er. Connecticut is considered New England. I've spent a few years there myself.

Plus, if I were in New York City myself I wouldn't denounce anyone not being "Boston enough".

Ickybaluky
09-09-2008, 02:55 PM
So are you saying that Wilfork's hit on Losman was clean and the hit on Brady was dirty?

No, I'm saying neither is dirty.

Wilfork got flagged for hitting the QB in the knee, so it was a penalty. I just don't think it was an intentional thing, just a reaction. A boad play.

Pollard's play was clean. No flag was thrown and the league ruled it was not a penalty because he was being blocked by Morris. Just a football play.

In fact, I really haven't seen a dirty play in the NFL in the last couple decades, in the course of play. I've seen guys do stuff after the whistle which is chippy, but nothing really bad during play.

RockStar36
09-09-2008, 02:56 PM
No, I'm saying neither is dirty.

Wilfork got flagged for hitting the QB in the knee, so it was a penalty. I just don't think it was an intentional thing, just a reaction. A boad play.

Pollard's play was clean. No flag was thrown and the league ruled it was not a penalty because he was being blocked by Morris. Just a football play.

In fact, I really haven't seen a dirty play in the NFL in the last couple decades, in the course of play. I've seen guys do stuff after the whistle which is chippy, but nothing really bad during play.

Then I guess in some weird twisted way we kind of agree.

Ickybaluky
09-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Connecticut is considered New England. I've spent a few years there myself.

It is not, and I don't care whether the maps say so or not. Connecticut is a suburb of NYC, just like North Jersey.

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 03:04 PM
It is not, and I don't care whether the maps say so or not. Connecticut is a suburb of NYC, just like North Jersey.
So despite what is formal and official, we should take your opinion for it?

At least you consistently apply the same logic to everything. :up:

mybills
09-09-2008, 06:15 PM
He grew up in Connecticut. That makes him a NY-er.
That makes him a C-er.