• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Jacksonville's offense was putrid.

I know it was a road game and they played a Tennessee defense that isn't that bad. But Jacksonville was only able to churn out a grand total of 189 yards. Just 33 yards rushing? 1.9 yards/carry. Gerrard was pretty solid but the running game was terrible.

One game anomaly or is this something the Bills can use in their favor?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jacksonville's offense was putrid.

They have offensive line problems. So yes the Bills may be able to take advantage.

On the other Hand the Bills may be walking in to a hornets nest after that loss, and it being the Jaxx's home opener.

It will be much more of a test than Seattle was.
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• njsue
      Jersey Girl!!!!!!
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Bufftp
      They have offensive line problems. So yes the Bills may be able to take advantage.

On the other Hand the Bills may be walking in to a hornets nest after that loss, and it being the Jaxx's home opener.

It will be much more of a test than Seattle was.
      Jack Delrio will have this team back on track.

The one Defense player that makes me is DE Paul Spicer.

I am sure that Marcus Stroud will give some insite to how to beat the jags offense.

Comment

• LABillsFan
        • Aug 2002

Jax will be amped in home opener and bitter about the Tenn loss. I have no doubt the Bills will show up but it may not be enough
        I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• njsue
          Jersey Girl!!!!!!
          • Sep 2003

Marcus Stroud vs the Jags banged up OFFENSIVE LINE.

Comment

• njsue
            Jersey Girl!!!!!!
            • Sep 2003

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic603898-6-1.aspx

Comment

• billsburgh
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by njsue
              Marcus Stroud vs the Jags banged up OFFENSIVE LINE.

no contest. this game is gong to be a defensive battle with not a lot of points.

Comment

• cocamide
                • Oct 2006

We'll see how improved our run defense is this week. We got killed last year by Fred Taylor and Jones-Drew. Seattle was a good test for our O-Line and this week will be a good test for our D-Line. Jacksonville is going to be very tough to beat.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                  • Oct 2002

All 10,000 Jags fans are going to be going crazy.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                    • Oct 2002

Ooops. Someone already made this joke in another thread...

Comment

• Kerr
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

You know Stroud wants this one bad.

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

From what I've read on the jags message boards, it looks like they lost 2 or 3 of their starting O-lineman yesterday and may only have one of their orginal starters going next week. If their O-line is that banged up, it's going to be tough for them to run the ball and protect Garrard. With a pumped up Stroud and the rest of our D, I think the Jags are going to have their hands full. They do have a great D though.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Just to enumerate the Jags injuries that could affect next week's game. Per rotoworld:

LG Vince Manuwai left Sunday's season opener in the third quarter with a sprained right knee.
                          Manuwai said he's hoping it's an MCL sprain. He'll undergo an MRI on Monday. "If it’s the MCL, no problem," he said. "We’ll see what the MRI says, but that’s what I’m hoping right now. Maybe I miss a little time, but I can probably just brace that up and play."
                          RG Uche Nwaneri, expected to fill in for the injured Maurice Williams, took a shot to the left knee Sunday and will undergo X-Rays on Monday.
                          With the loss of Williams, Richard Collier, Vince Manuwai, and now possibly Nwaneri, the Jaguars' offensive line is extremely depleted. Expect them to audition some free agents this week. Fred Taylor, Maurice Jones-Drew, and David Garrard have to be fairly nervous.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

from SN fantasy (pay site):

Trouble is brewing along the Jaguars' offensive line. This unit already was without center Brad Meester, who is out until Week 4 or 5 because of a biceps injury, and was reeling from the shooting of Richard Collier, the top backup at tackle. But Jacksonville lost three more linemen in the game against the Titans: right guard Maurice Williams (triceps), left guard Vince Manuwai (knee) and backup Uche Nwaneri (knee).
                            It's tough enough to hold off the Titans' Albert Haynesworth and Co. when the line is completely healthy, but when beat-up, the Jaguars' offense ground to a halt. Fred Taylor had just 18 yards on nine carries, Maurice Jones-Drew had 13 yards on five carries and David Garrard had three turnovers -- an area he was impeccable in last season. Jacksonville gets an improved Bills defense next, which features former Jaguar Marcus Stroud. ...
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• njsue
                              Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                              from SN fantasy (pay site):

Trouble is brewing along the Jaguars' offensive line. This unit already was without center Brad Meester, who is out until Week 4 or 5 because of a biceps injury, and was reeling from the shooting of Richard Collier, the top backup at tackle. But Jacksonville lost three more linemen in the game against the Titans: right guard Maurice Williams (triceps), left guard Vince Manuwai (knee) and backup Uche Nwaneri (knee).
                              It's tough enough to hold off the Titans' Albert Haynesworth and Co. when the line is completely healthy, but when beat-up, the Jaguars' offense ground to a halt. Fred Taylor had just 18 yards on nine carries, Maurice Jones-Drew had 13 yards on five carries and David Garrard had three turnovers -- an area he was impeccable in last season. Jacksonville gets an improved Bills defense next, which features former Jaguar Marcus Stroud. ...

Marcus "The Monster" Stroud

Comment

Working...
                              X