PDA

View Full Version : Jags game... BIG

Prov401
09-08-2008, 12:12 PM
First, I'd like to say that my first Bills game experience was incredible! And to watch our team hand it to the Seahawks, and seeing Stroud and company kick ass was promising to this season and the future.

Just wanted to voice my opinion on next weeks game down in Florida. I personally think next Sunday's game is huge to our season. If we can go down there, and Stroud can play with a chip on his shoulder, as well as possibly give the Bills some insight to this Jacksonville squad, and we pull off a victory, I think (not overlooking the next teams on the schedule) that there is a strong possiblity of us heading into the bye at 5-0. Like I said, taking it week by week, and not overlooking Jax, Oakland, STL and AZ is probably key (which I'm sure Dick will have the Bills focused on the day by day, week by week, philosophy).... barring any major injuries, for us to go down and upset the jags and maybe run it to 5-0 with 2 weeks preparing for SD to come up here.... who knows.. maybe 6-0? Maybe I'm just bursting with excitement and what could be.. but hey.. I just drove 8 hours back from Orchard Park, and coming from that game... I dont know who wouldn't be excited at 'what-could-be'.

njsue
09-08-2008, 12:15 PM
I agree this will be a definite test to see how real this bills team is.

IMO Dick Jauron will have this team ready.

:flex: Stroud will have his D cronies ready for war.

FlyingDutchman
09-08-2008, 12:17 PM
I agree. Was thinking just how big next week is already in only week 2. Besides starting the season 2-0, we would put a hurting on a team that we may be battling a playoff spot for. It was great to see SD, Jax, and Ind lose. If we could knock off Jax, we could put ourselves in great position.

mayotm
09-08-2008, 12:18 PM
It's going to be difficult to get a win in Jacksonville. Especially since Jacksonville played so poorly yesterday. It would be a huge win, but unfortunately, it's going to be really tough.

BAM
09-08-2008, 12:19 PM
You're right it's definitely a HUGE game. I can pretty much guarantee it won't be as easy as this past game but I am glad you had fun at your first game! That's awesome!

MTBillsFan
09-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Gut check time boys and girls! The Bills have to play just as well as they did yesterday and covert more 3rd downs! 4-16 won't cut it. Plus, we won't be able to have Moorman hit Denney on the fake field goal! Also, we won't have the BEST fans in the NFL chearing the team on!
GO BILLS!

Philagape
09-08-2008, 12:43 PM
The game will be HUGE come December too, when AFC playoff berths are at stake.

alohabillsfan
09-08-2008, 12:49 PM
The game will be HUGE come December too, when AFC playoff berths are at stake.

You don't need tie breakers when you win the division...:D:

mysticsoto
09-08-2008, 01:02 PM
If I'm Buffalo, I implement a strict ball control offense this game. We want to tire the Jags D out. If their O doesn't have much to rely on given their Oline problems, we want to shut them down and force their D on the field for long periods of time and get them exhausted.

Once they are tired (4th quarter), I'd switch to a no huddle...and further off balance them...

Kenny
09-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Now I dont want to be too much a homer, but if we win this game, we have a really good chance of going 5-0 before the bye.

After this game we have Oakland at home, and then St. Louis and Arizona (both away).

ServoBillieves
09-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Statement game.

If you can stop the Jags offense, and walk away from Seattle and Jacksonville 2-0, heading home to face the Raiders?

That's... that's damn good.

The Spaz
09-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Gut check time boys and girls! The Bills have to play just as well as they did yesterday and covert more 3rd downs! 4-16 won't cut it. Plus, we won't be able to have Moorman hit Denney on the fake field goal! Also, we won't have the BEST fans in the NFL chearing the team on!
GO BILLS!

Actually you may have more Bills fans in the stands than Jaguar fans...lol

LABillsFan
09-08-2008, 03:19 PM
You don't need tie breakers when you win the division...:D:

You do for a first week bye and homefield advantage if both win their divisions.