PDA

View Full Version : Peters plans to play

BidsJr
09-08-2008, 12:24 PM
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

BidsJr
09-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:05 PM ET | Link

PETERS PLANS TO PLAY SUNDAY: Jason Peters addressing the media for the first time said he plans to play this Sunday. We'll see if Dick Jauron confirms that when he speaks shortly.

njsue
09-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Good. :phew:

Patti120
09-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:05 PM ET | Link

PETERS PLANS TO PLAY SUNDAY: Jason Peters addressing the media for the first time said he plans to play this Sunday. We'll see if Dick Jauron confirms that when he speaks shortly.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

njsue
09-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Is there a link to hear the press conference?

Thank you

Patti120
09-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Looks like someone beat me to it! Darn!

Mods, please merge.

Thank you!

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Ah because Jason wants to play we are now supposed to cave in and let him play? I say we make him ride the pine until somebody gets injured, that's jmo though. Our OL proved that it is dominant even without Peters in the lineup, let's prove a point to the players that if they want to holdout they risk the possibility of another player stepping up and taking their job.

cocamide
09-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Ah because Jason wants to play we are now supposed to cave in and let him play? I say we make him ride the pine until somebody gets injured, that's jmo though. Our OL proved that it is dominant even without Peters in the lineup, let's prove a point to the players that if they want to holdout they risk the possibility of another player stepping up and taking their job.

I always believe to let hold outs sit and rot for as long as they hold out. No player is good enough to hold his whole team hostage. But, he did show up before the season started, and since he's here, there is no reason to not play him.

BidsJr
09-08-2008, 12:34 PM

:horsecrap:

OpIv37
09-08-2008, 12:36 PM
let the coaches observe him in practice and determine if he's ready or not. If he's in shape and grasps the offense quickly, let him play. If he looks lost or out of shape, let him ride the pine for another week.

It's really not that complicated. Don't let the emotions get the best of you. The goal is to win football games. If Peters isn't ready, sit him, but if he is ready, don't keep the better player off the field cuz of some damn personal vendetta.

PECKERWOOD
09-08-2008, 12:37 PM
:horsecrap:

What a well thought out post. Easy to criticize a view when you have nothing worth adding to the subject.

yordad
09-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Good. We're gonna need him vs the jags. I just wish he didn't screw with out continuity. Walker has been practicing on the wrong side for weeks!

Michael82
09-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Honestly, we have the two week window to activate Jason Peters and decide who to cut. I would use that window to make sure Peters learns the new offense and practices with the team full force and start him at home against the Raiders in week 3 for his first game back.

don137
09-08-2008, 12:45 PM
let the coaches observe him in practice and determine if he's ready or not. If he's in shape and grasps the offense quickly, let him play. If he looks lost or out of shape, let him ride the pine for another week.

It's really not that complicated. Don't let the emotions get the best of you. The goal is to win football games. If Peters isn't ready, sit him, but if he is ready, don't keep the better player off the field cuz of some damn personal vendetta.

Agreed. When the coaching staff determines he has a grasp of this offense and he is deemed physically ready they will put him in there.

alohabillsfan
09-08-2008, 12:45 PM

Outstanding post.... I can't believe I just wrote that :clump:

ghz in pittsburgh
09-08-2008, 12:52 PM
I'd certainly dress him but I'm not sure I'd play him unless necessary (injuries), let alone starting him.

Not dissing Peters ability, I just believe that the current Bills O-Line is very cohesive. In other words playing like a unit. Ever since this new guy came on board last year as O-Line coach, I saw an O-Line getting better as a unit, not just depending on individual fights. In fact, I'd go on to say the blocking improvement is throughout the team, for wide receivers, tight-ends, special teamers.

You just don't see unblocked guys coming free any more. Sure we have cases like Lynch got beat by Kerney yesterday resulting a sack, but those things are going to happen. You'll never field an O-Line where everyone is the best at his position. I'd say the new coach got the scheme, got intelligence to these guys and the reduced mental mistake is proof.

Individual ability wise, Peters is better than anyone we have. Working as a member in a unit? I'm not so sure right now. I'd prefer to ease him in.

There is also another issue at Walker. Are you going to put him back to RT in cold within a week, in a game? Ideally, they may want to do a full switch in the bye week where both Peters and Walker and the unit get some extra practice. We'll see.

The Spaz
09-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Honestly, we have the two week window to activate Jason Peters and decide who to cut. I would use that window to make sure Peters learns the new offense and practices with the team full force and start him at home against the Raiders in week 3 for his first game back.

This is just me but what I would do is put Murphy on IR and it frees a roster spot without losing an active player. That's just me though.:idunno:

Meathead
09-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Please Give to SLOP

justasportsfan
09-08-2008, 12:58 PM

NO thank you. If he's ready he plays. Whats done is done. He's here and I'm sure he wants to play.Time to move forward and keep winning with our best players on the field.

Ebenezer
09-08-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm not paying him a dime to stay inactive...when he is ready he plays.