PDA

View Full Version : How much better can this team play?

ghz in pittsburgh
09-08-2008, 01:19 PM
For the special team, I would say this is about the best we can do. 2 TD and controling the field position all day? I don't expect to see this good again this season.

For the defense, I expect to see this level of play all year. McCargo being inactive, #11 pick not even in nickel package. Digi only on special team speak of depth we have. Unlike others, I thought it is a positive sign that we don't see a single draft pick played significant role on defense. We haven't been able to afford this luxury for awhile now. Let these new guys learn a bit instead getting burned and costing the team in the process.

For the offense, I expect some improvement. Yes Peters is coming back, though I don't expect to see the run blocking to get much better even with him. The key is Edwards. As evident yesterday, when he goes, so goes the offense. And it's good bet he'll get better as the season goes on. Hardy is a wildcard. My hope is low but if he picks up this offense a little, with the way Lee is playing (in his contract year and all), we can really shoot up the chart.

Bufftp
09-08-2008, 01:39 PM
good posting
But I wouldn't be surprised by the ST surprising us again this year.

Night Train
09-08-2008, 01:43 PM
They can play better on Offense. The consistent run blocking is still a work in progress.

I do like how they quickly spread the field and change, if the run isn't there.

ALL D
09-08-2008, 01:43 PM
the mike and mike show were just talking about how little of importance the special teams are. Our special teams scored enough points on their own to win the game

LABillsFan
09-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Great win. A win to set the tone. Let's not forget the injuries, the suspensions and the rusty QB nor the fact the Seahawks are horrendous on the east coast. True tests will be coming up in the weeks to come.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-09-2008, 04:39 AM
The Bills played well in all three phases of the game on Sunday. But, they can play even better and I expect that, as the season progresses, they will.

There are going to be some ups-and-downs, though, along the way. Edwards is still a relatively inexperienced, second year QB and can be expected to have some a couple of those bad games this season that young, inexperienced QBs have in their second seasons. And, there are going to be some tougher opponents than Seattle on the schedule and it is always tough to win games on the road in the NFL, especially for a team that is as young as the Bills are.

Still, if they can stay healthy, I think that by the end of the season this team will be able to play even better than it did against the Seahawks, particularly in the running game, but in all phases. They will have to in order to beat some of the teams that they will be facing down the stretch run to the playoffs.

shelby
09-09-2008, 04:40 AM
i would like to see improvement on our offense.

Trent is not there yet, but he's making progress.

Dujek
09-09-2008, 05:08 AM
Offensively I want to see Jason Peters at starting LT and Kirk Chambers riding pine. That will help the run game, and give Edwards another level of confidence. I want to see us really control the clock using the run game, and wear teams down, the way the Giants did to us last year. I want to see Edwards win a game in the crunch. I think the offense is heading in the right direction, but is still a work in progress.

On defense I'd like to see the same level of play that we saw this week, but also I'd like to see some more of those batted balls turn into picks.

Special Teams - the Bills have the best ST coach in the league, and they have some truly special special teamers on the roster. I think they'll show us more of the same over the course of the season.