PDA

View Full Version : Peters video up on BB.com

The Spaz
09-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Jason Peters 1st interview since last year. Check it out.:up::beers:

Lexwhat
09-08-2008, 02:14 PM
What he said:

- I'm 100% ready to go and glad to be back.

- When asked "What decided to make you come back?" He replied:
Talks with Overdorf and Russ. I sat out because of my contract situation. I believe that a man's word is a man's word. They said they're gonna take care of it, so I take their word for it.

- I don't regret it one bit for sitting out. That's the only way I could've sent the message. If i show up, the problem would never get solved. That's the only option I had to sit out.

- I'll be ready to play this Sunday at Jacksonville.

- I was healthy. They werent calling me, they were calling my agent.

- They had their foot down, and I had my foot down. But I'm back and ready to go.

When asked "Did you feel youre letting your teammates down?" He replied:
You know, so-so. Watching my teammates in the preseason game, my name kept getting brought up. I let my teammates down a little bit, but I had to do what's best for my family. They're my family on the field, but I got family off the field too.

- Overdorf called my agent and they worked it out, and now i'm here.

- My agent called me and said "Jason you need to be there on Saturday. I wont take no for an answer."

- My agent is one of the best, and I believe in the Bills organization. I picked the Bills, and obviously I wanna be here.

Lexwhat
09-08-2008, 02:23 PM
The answers he gave were not very specific, but I'm guessing they will work on his contract during the bye-week or something.

I hope we can lock up both Evans and Peters by then.

LABillsFan
09-08-2008, 02:58 PM
I didn't like his tone. Seemed really immature and started off with a me against the man attitude. Then at the end changed to I want to be a Bill. The dude should have stayed quiet a little longer.

Tatonka
09-08-2008, 10:01 PM
I didn't like his tone. Seemed really immature and started off with a me against the man attitude. Then at the end changed to I want to be a Bill. The dude should have stayed quiet a little longer.

i agree.

Tatonka
09-08-2008, 10:02 PM
he will end up screwing himself though.. players who hold out like that always get hurt. once he gets hurt, he shouldnt hold his breath for a new deal.

LABillsFan
09-08-2008, 11:18 PM
That was the only option he had?? Puh Leez, he had others and showed his true colors. I hope he plays good enough to fetch a first and a second.

gr8slayer
09-08-2008, 11:21 PM
He'll have his new contract sometime before the end of the season :up: Well deserved.

Luisito23
09-09-2008, 03:32 AM
I didn't find his interview to be that bad....I'm glad he's back!

RingofFire
09-09-2008, 03:38 AM
Why the **** do you want to trade your best linemen?

Seriously some of you need to be run over by a truck

njsue
09-09-2008, 05:17 AM
Do us proud on Sunday!

theanswer74
09-09-2008, 08:58 AM
That was the only option he had?? Puh Leez, he had others and showed his true colors. I hope he plays good enough to fetch a first and a second.

Why are you acting like he didn't say his family comes first? He said the Bills are his family on the field, but he had to take care of his family off the field.

Imagine if you could tell all the people you love that they never have to work again.

Tatonka
09-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Imagine if you could tell all the people you love that they never have to work again.

he did that already in 2006 when he signed his first extension.

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 11:31 AM
God damn this guy sounds even dumber than he looks!

Meathead
09-09-2008, 11:45 AM
really?

i didnt get that at all

i got that they had an unresolvable disagreement, obviously about renegotiating his contract for this season. they were in a sort of mexican standoff where thankfully at the last minute nobody fired

it feels pretty likely that brandon told him he had to play this third year on his five year contract and they would do what they did with the rest of the players here that outplayed their contract and redo them when two years remain. peters wanted them to change their pattern for him and reward him right now

dont move or ill shoot gringo

the bills have already invested a lot in him including putting big money in his pocket. the pattern has been established regarding how well they treat players they designate as core. crowell wasnt core, peters is. he had to know that so he should have followed the script the bills have laid out for everybody

even so, peters stated his case pretty well. its obvious he didnt get what he wanted, and in fact got exactly what he would have received had he just showed up from the start, but at least he expressed his strong desire to play and to remain a bill. that made me feel a lot better

Meathead
09-09-2008, 11:51 AM
i think maybe he sounded immature at first because he was so unused to speaking to the media. that was a pretty intense moment and he was sorta trying to get his interview legs under him. they were peppering him pretty good and i thought he held his composure really well. he did better as the interview went on and by the end he finally looked comfortable