PDA

View Full Version : Peters is in excellent physical shape.

theanswer74
09-08-2008, 01:40 PM
BILLS HAVE UNTIL SATURDAY ON PETERS: Dick Jauron and his coaching staff have until Saturday at 4pm to decide whether or not to activate Jason Peters for this Sunday's game at Jacksonville. That's the league deadline each week for activating a player for a Sunday game.

Jauron confirmed that Peters is in excellent physical shape, but is not yet in football shape due to his absence from practice the past 43 or so days.

That being said I'd tend to think that as soon as they feel he's remotely close to executing protections and calls correctly he's going to dress.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if he dresses on Sunday, but doesn't start. That way in the event of an injury you have the best possible sub on the planet at tackle.

Jauron said they would consider Peters for part-time duty Sunday.

“We’ll probably consider everything as we move down the road," said Jauron. "But as you’re well aware the numbers on Sunday are so hard to deal with. It’s not a lot of guys so you have to be real careful because you end up short changing yourself somewhere and unfortunately it usually comes from special teams and that’s not a good thing.”
---http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=4007

ALL D
09-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Peters should not sit because of his talent, but should he sit because of his antics...yes..

Lexwhat
09-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm thinking he starts.

Jauron should be political with what he says about Peters. Let the Jaguars keep guessing.

OpIv37
09-08-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't think it's going to happen because Jax is too good, but wouldn't it be great if it were another blowout so we could get Peters some work at the end of the game without hurting our chances of winning?

RingofFire
09-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Bills 27 Jags 20

Edwards to Rosco for 68 yds on game clincher 48 of it on YAC

gr8slayer
09-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Pay the man.

Mski
09-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Pay the man.

while i agree he deserves more money, he shouldnt have signed a 4 years deal if it wasnt enough money... i feel he is going to start a string of holdouts ala orlando pace, wont matter if we renegotiate, if his level of play keeps on par with last year, he's always going to want more money every year

gr8slayer
09-08-2008, 09:58 PM
while i agree he deserves more money, he shouldnt have signed a 4 years deal if it wasnt enough money... i feel he is going to start a string of holdouts ala orlando pace, wont matter if we renegotiate, if his level of play keeps on par with last year, he's always going to want more money every year
Not necessarily.

Michael82
09-09-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm betting that he will be activated and will dress on Sunday, but as the 3rd OT. Once he learns the playbook and gets used to playing again, they will start him in week 3 at home against the Raiders.

yordad
09-09-2008, 02:18 AM
I think they dodged the bullet once.

Romes
09-09-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm betting that he will be activated and will dress on Sunday, but as the 3rd OT. Once he learns the playbook and gets used to playing again, they will start him in week 3 at home against the Raiders.

Thats my guess, too. They'll probably also bring him in on goalline or short yardage plays.

CUHATIN
09-09-2008, 02:43 AM
Our Oline looked great in the game without Peters so getting him back is the cherry on top!!!