X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ron C.
    • Mar 2003

I'm not sure when Butler started drafting

But the only players left from the Butler Era are Brown, Moulds and Winfield, all #1 picks. So much for Butler's late round gems. Over a decade of drafting and THREE players left to show for it. The 2000 draft was a fiasco, ZERO players contributing anywhere. 1997 had A. Smith with a decent SB year and Wiley as the lone stud elsewhere. 1996 with Ziegler and Riemersma, 1995 with Todd Collins and Kenny Irvin (enough said). The only one I wish we could have back (outside of Wiley) was Parrella. Price was also a positive in 1999. I understand drafting is an inexact science, but I'm happy TD is running the show.
  • HenryRules
    • Jul 2002

The reason we don't have many left over had to do with his cap management, not his drafting ability. Sam Cowart would still be here were it not his choice to leave - we were interested in retaining him.
    Also, Pat Williams was an undrafted free agent during his tenure -that should count as a late round gem. Jay Foreman is looking pretty good. Sammy Morris was a good late-round pick. DaShon Polk was late and is a solid backup. He also drafted Holocek as a late pick too. You're not expected to get stars every year in the late rounds.

Comment

Working...
    X