PDA

View Full Version : Back to earth ...

dasaybz
09-08-2008, 10:46 PM
I hope that we won't come here next Sunday afternoon after a Bills defeat and talk about how much Edwards sucks, and the play calling was terrible, and we let a game slip away.

Just sayin ...

gr8slayer
09-08-2008, 10:50 PM
We'll be fine.

Mski
09-08-2008, 10:52 PM
i still think our offense is sub-par :idunno:

dasaybz
09-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Ya, I think we'll be fine too, but after all the giddiness after this win, I just want to keep things in perspective. After all, we ARE Bills fans right?

dasaybz
09-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Don't wanna get too high after a win, and too low after a loss.

This is a long long long season.

gr8slayer
09-08-2008, 10:54 PM
i still think our offense is sub-par :idunno:
We'll see, we still need to see more of Lynch. Edwards looked like an NFL QB last week, I'm somewhat optimistic about him this week; though Mathis will **** him up if he throws a bad ball this week.

dasaybz
09-08-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm very optimistic about Edwards. His pocket presence yesterday was fantastic. Especially against a very good pass rushing team.

gr8slayer
09-08-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm very optimistic about Edwards. His pocket presence yesterday was fantastic. Especially against a very good pass rushing team.
Without the best player on the team, should be interesting once Peters is back and his backside is safe beyond a reasonable doubt.

Mski
09-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Passing Leaders
Name Team Opp Comp Att Yds TD Int Sck FUM Rate
Brian Moorman BUF vs SEA 1 1 19 1 0 0 0 158.3
Ben Roethlisberger PIT vs HOU 13 14 137 2 0 2 1 147.0

looks like morman should be our #1 guy!

:roflmao:

LABillsFan
09-08-2008, 11:35 PM
It was a rough first quarter, both D's were playing intense football, that and the lack of playing time in the preseason. But when he settled down, he came around. Another full week of practice and weeding out things that didn't work and implementing a fe more plays, he'll be fine. He did have some nice 30+ yard tosses, but the checking down didn't help loosen up the Dline for some longer runs.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-09-2008, 03:46 AM
One thing that we Bills fans should all keep in mind is that Edwards is still a very young and inexperienced QB who has a lot to learn yet.

Edwards can be so poised that we may sometimes forget that he is just in his second season and has only a handful of games under his belt. Second year QBs, even those who end up being very good, still tend to be quite inconsistent and will struggle at times.

It is important to understand that Edwards is likely to struggle at times and will probably have some flat out bad games this season. It happens to the best of them at this stage of their careers and we should not be too quick to get down on Edwards when he has one of those games.

IMHO Edwards should be judged on how he does over the course of the whole season this year, not just on any single game or even a stretch of games--good or bad.

While the Bills' fortunes this season will be greatly tied to how well Edwards plays, you have to expect the inconsistency and all of the other things that generally come with a second year QB with limited experience. If Edwards can largely avoid or overcome those problems and show progress in his development as a NFL QB this season, the Bills will not only have a good shot at making the playoffs, but they may well have themselves a QB who can lead this team to success in the coming years.

So far, Edwards has shown some positive signs of being somewhat ahead of the game in terms of his development--which is great. But, we're going to have to see whether and how far this will continue over the course of this season and should expect that he may, at times, take a bit of a backwards step along the way. What's going to be important IMHO is how he does over the course of the whole season--not in any single given game--and where he is at the end of the season.

It took Eli Manning, one of the most prepared QBs ever coming out of college into the NFL, until the end of last season, his fourth in the league, to finally "get it" and become consistent. It would hardly be reasonable to expect Edwards to reach that point in his development before the end of his second season. If he does, the Bills will have themselves a real winner.

But, that would be highly unusual. Personally, I expect him to have at least some of the usual ups-and-downs that can be expected from a second year QB in the NFL...even though, as a Bills fan, I know that it will be maddening.

Cole
09-09-2008, 03:51 AM
the Jags fitna smack that ass!

njsue
09-09-2008, 05:16 AM
The 2008 Surprise Team has arrived.

Night Train
09-09-2008, 05:29 AM
I hope that we won't come here next Sunday afternoon after a Bills defeat and talk about how much Edwards sucks, and the play calling was terrible, and we let a game slip away.

Just sayin ...

That's the nature of message boards. The emotional roller coaster is a ride many take daily. "He's a beast ! No wait, he sucks !"

I just tee up the minions for my own amusement.