PDA

View Full Version : Belichek is full of @#$&

historypete
09-08-2008, 11:27 PM
This guy is a real piece of work. Did anyone catch his press conference today? He was talking about the hit that knocked Brady out and he had the balls to say they teach their guys to hit the QB above the knee. I guess Vince Wilfork missed practice that day. What a freakin joke. Wilfork is the dirtiest player in the league. This situation is simply the chickens coming home to roost. I actually feel bad for Brady, anyone blowing out there knee like that I feel for. But as for Belichek I hope his season goes down the toilet. I hope that old ass defense of his falls apart, and Randy Moss goes crazy because he isn't getting the deep ball anymore. I want that team in complete disaray by week 3.

gr8slayer
09-08-2008, 11:28 PM
I didn't catch that but yeah, he has no place to talk.

LABillsFan
09-08-2008, 11:29 PM
I can hear that coaching staff now. "Remember hit above the knees and below the head. Going for the knees will only cause an injury to a player...... and help us win.

gr8slayer
09-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Even if he did do it on purpose I don't blame him, bunch of cocky mother ****ers.

The Spaz
09-08-2008, 11:41 PM
I saw the press conference what a joke. For him to actually say that makes "karma" an even bigger factor.

RingofFire
09-08-2008, 11:56 PM
i don't agree with you guys. He actually didn't call the hit on Brady dirty. He compared it on the Wilfork hit on JP. Said the league has to do what it has to do. He said it was equal to Wilfork-losman. I kinda agree

Mr. Pink
09-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Neither of the two hits were dirty.

It's a contact sport...it happens.

RingofFire
09-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Belichick: "It doesn’t really matter what I think. The officials officate the game. I am sure they will handle it. We have always taught our players that it is their responsibility to hit the quarterback above the knees and below the shoulders."

The Spaz
09-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Belichick: "It doesn’t really matter what I think. The officials officate the game. I am sure they will handle it. We have always taught our players that it is their responsibility to hit the quarterback above the knees and below the shoulders."

Wilfork didn't get that lesson I suppose.

Michael82
09-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Wilfork didn't get that lesson I suppose.
Exactly and that's why Belichick is a cocky, arrogant *****! I hope he gets everything he deserves! :mad:

Lexwhat
09-09-2008, 01:28 AM
http://www.emqb.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/bill-belichick-presser.jpg

LifetimeBillsFan
09-09-2008, 03:18 AM
i don't agree with you guys. He actually didn't call the hit on Brady dirty. He compared it on the Wilfork hit on JP. Said the league has to do what it has to do. He said it was equal to Wilfork-losman. I kinda agree

I'm sorry, but I totally disagree.

The KC player, Pollard, was pushed to the ground, tried to get up, got halfway up and lunged at Brady's legs as he was being pushed down to the ground by the blocker again. His body was going straight at Brady as he tried to tackle the QB. There was no way for Pollard to avoid contact unless Brady stepped away. His body hit Brady's leg at an angle, which is what caused the injury. Pollard was trying to tackle Brady as Brady was throwing the ball, he was not trying to injure him.

What he did was totally legal. He was trying to tackle the QB and hit him in the leg. If the QB didn't want to be hit, it was his responsibility to step away from the tackler--which would have meant not throwing the ball until he had stepped away from Pollard. Brady chose to "hang in the pocket" and throw the ball and was hit as he released it.

All totally legal. There was no intent to injure.

The difference between this and what Wilfork did when he hit Losman last season is two-fold:

1.) Wilfork's body was not going directly towards Losman's leg in such a way that he could not have avoided hitting Losman. Wilfork had to actually stick his arm/elbow out in order to make contact with Losman's leg. Had he not done so, he never would have made contact with Losman's leg.

Sticking his elbow out in order to hit Losman is what made this a "dirty" play. Flashing his arm out in the manner that Wilfork did, when he did not have to do so (see # 2 below), indicated a clear intent to injure.

2.) Losman had already thrown the ball when Wilfork hit him. He was not in the act of throwing the ball as Brady was when Pollard hit him. If you hit the QB when the ball is in his hands or cannot avoid hitting the QB as he releases the ball, it is a legal hit. It is not permissible, however, to hit the QB after he has thrown the ball, if you can avoid hitting him--doing so is considered "roughing the passer".

Wilfork not only hit Losman after he had clearly released the ball and could have avoided hitting Losman, the only way that he could have hit Losman was by sticking out his arm in order to make contact with Losman's knee.

In both instances, what Wilfork did was NOT legal.

That's a HUGE difference.

And, it negates any attempt to say that Pollard's hit on Brady was similar to or the same as Wilfork's hit on Losman. The first was a legal play that accidently resulted in an injury when contact could not have been avoided. The second was a deliberate attempt by one player to injure another that could have avoided and only occured as a result of a conscious effort to create contact that would not have otherwise occured.

RingofFire
09-09-2008, 03:42 AM
it was a blessing in disguise at it got the ball rolling with Trent

Luisito23
09-09-2008, 03:47 AM
This has been the best kickoff Sunday since I can't remember when, and Belicheat and Moss crying was the icing on the cake!....:lolpoint: Cheaters.....:lolpoint: Seahags...

Cole
09-09-2008, 03:51 AM
you canadians arent very smart, are you? Seahags? LMAO are you serious? what a loser!

Mr. Pink
09-09-2008, 04:02 AM
So Wilfork put his arm out in a natural reaction to brace his fall and coming into contact with Losman in the process is dirty? But what Pollard did basically the same thing just different arm angle is legal?

Wait, I know why! Because JP is a Bill and Brady is a Pat! GOT IT!

Just like if you're a Redskin fan you thing LT dragging Theismann to the ground was dirty and if you're a Giant fan you thing it was him finishing the play.

There's numerous other examples of this too but you get the point.

And nothing I've seen in the past 30 years of highlights compares to what Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw....as seen here...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UQHWP81wIb0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UQHWP81wIb0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cole
09-09-2008, 04:05 AM
wow, what a son of a *****. did anyone see Deangelo Hall on Eddie Royal tonight... losers?

njsue
09-09-2008, 04:35 AM
Karma came back to bite him in the posterior! :snicker:

LifetimeBillsFan
09-09-2008, 04:58 AM
So Wilfork put his arm out in a natural reaction to brace his fall and coming into contact with Losman in the process is dirty? But what Pollard did basically the same thing just different arm angle is legal?

Wait, I know why! Because JP is a Bill and Brady is a Pat! GOT IT!....

You should know me better than that by now FTY.

Bill, Pat, Skin, Giant, etc. it makes no difference to me.

I watched clips of both hits multiple times and there was a big difference between the hits.

Pollard actually hit Brady with his shoulder/upper body. His body was going forward towards Brady's leg, he did not reach out to hit it.

Wilfork had to reach out to the side to hit Losman. If Wilfork had been reaching out to break his fall, he would have put his arm in front of his body as he was falling, not out to the side with the elbow extended instead of the hand.

I've had guys hit me on the football and lacrosse field legally many times and had a few at least try to hit me illegally as well--and I can recognize the difference between the two. Believe me, you know when someone tries to take out your knee with an illegal hit.

njsue
09-09-2008, 04:59 AM
You should know me better than that by now FTY.

Bill, Pat, Skin, Giant, etc. it makes no difference to me.

I watched clips of both hits multiple times and there was a big difference between the hits.

Pollard actually hit Brady with his shoulder/upper body. His body was going forward towards Brady's leg, he did not reach out to hit it.

Wilfork had to reach out to the side to hit Losman. If Wilfork had been reaching out to break his fall, he would have put his arm in front of his body as he was falling, not out to the side with the elbow extended instead of the hand.

I've had guys hit me on the football and lacrosse field legally many times and had a few at least try to hit me illegally as well--and I can recognize the difference between the two. Believe me, you know when someone tries to take out your knee with an illegal hit.

:bf1:

Mr. Pink
09-09-2008, 05:04 AM
He ht JP with his forearm...as he was sticking it out to brace his fall...as you should remember he was knocked down by a blocker as well.

I remember going over this last year...it's a natural reaction to put your arm out or hand to brace your fall. And it's much easier to break something if you stick your hand straight out than your forearm. Considering your forearm is stronger than your wrist and hand/fingers.

A dirty hit is the video I posted, what Wilfork did in no way compares to that....nor does it compare to Romanowski breaking Kerry Collins jaw in preseason.

Don't tell me that when you fall you don't use your hand/arms to brace yourself.

elltrain22
09-09-2008, 05:08 AM
Yeah, that was pretty darn pathetic. ESPN bought it too!!

The Spaz
09-09-2008, 06:24 AM
He ht JP with his forearm...as he was sticking it out to brace his fall...as you should remember he was knocked down by a blocker as well.

I remember going over this last year...it's a natural reaction to put your arm out or hand to brace your fall. And it's much easier to break something if you stick your hand straight out than your forearm. Considering your forearm is stronger than your wrist and hand/fingers.

A dirty hit is the video I posted, what Wilfork did in no way compares to that....nor does it compare to Romanowski breaking Kerry Collins jaw in preseason.

Don't tell me that when you fall you don't use your hand/arms to brace yourself.

I'm sorry but you use your hands brace yourself not an elbow. The reaction would be to extend your hands outwards.

njsue
09-09-2008, 06:37 AM
I'm sorry but you use your hands brace yourself not an elbow. The reaction would be to extend your hands outwards.

Nighthawk
09-09-2008, 06:38 AM
The guy is a pile of s**t and his defense, especially Wilfork, is one of the dirtiest out there. Sorry, but I don't feel bad for them.

The Spaz
09-09-2008, 06:41 AM

Just like if you're a Redskin fan you thing LT dragging Theismann to the ground was dirty and if you're a Giant fan you thing it was him finishing the play.

There's numerous other examples of this too but you get the point.

And nothing I've seen in the past 30 years of highlights compares to what Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw....as seen here...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UQHWP81wIb0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UQHWP81wIb0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In case you haven't noticed times have changed in the NFL. If someone were to do this in the NFL there is no way that play wouldn't be fined and or suspended.

njsue
09-09-2008, 06:42 AM
The guy is a pile of s**t and his defense, especially Wilfork, is one of the dirtiest out there. Sorry, but I don't feel bad for them.

:up:

justasportsfan
09-09-2008, 08:59 AM

you're full of it. Break his fall by extending his elbow onto JP's leg? You're blinder than Stevie Wonder.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3POT8n2Qk3g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3POT8n2Qk3g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDj0rzxJkq0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDj0rzxJkq0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

camelcowboy
09-09-2008, 09:01 AM

don't tell me the wilfork hit wasn't dirty. It was a elbow clear as day. Remember the NFL fined him for it. Ready for the karma? That hit gave Trent his shot, now with a similar play the bills are now winning the east.

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 09:08 AM
I love how these pathetic Patriot fans say "oh it's a contact sport so get over it", yet crying about Brady getting hurt at the same time.

So because football is a contact sport, there should be no rules, right?

Horse collar should be totally legal!
Late hit out of bounds? Sure!
Albert Haynesworth type stomping on people's faces? Allowed!
Helmet to helmet spearing? Encouraged!
While we're at it, we should teach our linebackers some chokehold tackles from behind!

It's a contact sport people! Don't be a sissy!

:lolpoint: Brady

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-09-2008, 09:48 AM
It's simple, really.

Patriots players, coaches and fans have become an elitist group.

They think they play by a different set of rules because they have won a bunch of football games.

They have chosen to ignore the age old adage "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game."

Something we've all been brought up on.

They will have a figurative asterisk tied to this era's team forever....and that is at least some small portion of justice.

Wally The Barber
09-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Bills had other things on his mind......

Like oh s***......and I ran up the score on every team I played last year!

Agent007
09-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Do cats stick their backs out when they fall to break it?

No. They do their best to land on all four's to break their fall.

Call it natural reaction.

Us? We do the same, we just don't land on all fours to stick out our elbows and hope it runs into something to break our fall.

So Wilfork must have been trying to run his elbow into Losman's knee to break his fall so he didn't fall and hurt himself on the grass.

Oh, yes that makes all the sense in the world.

Interesting.

gr8slayer
09-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Buck Frady.

Mr. Pink
09-09-2008, 02:49 PM
God, you guys don't get it...

He went forearm first to land on the ground, because your forearm is a lot stronger than the bones in your hand and wrists. Not too mention he was being tackled by Fowler, who missed his block on the play. So he couldn't control which way his body was going as I've seen some claim he purposely turned into JP.

And Pollard who dives into Brady's leg is clean after being brought to the ground originally by a block. Pollard who had complete control of where he was going, because, well he dove himself into Brady!

Neither hit was dirty...they just happen during the course of a game.

If Pollard did that to Edwards instead of Brady then you'd all sit here claiming it was dirty.

I'm done with this argument, you'll only see it with your eyes of hatred anyways.

Agent007
09-09-2008, 03:23 PM

He went forearm first to land on the ground, because your forearm is a lot stronger than the bones in your hand and wrists.

Oh, so he had time to think about this? Forearm? You mean elbow...you know the bone in your arm, that was cleary sticking out.

Nobody, I repeat, nobody naturally uses their "forearm" to break their fall.

He was not making a football play. He was making a dirty play he thought he could cover up.

How anyone can try and justify the hit is absurd.

Oh yes, Brandon Jacobs, Jason Witten, Jp Losman and Micheal Turner will tell you Wilfork is not a dirty player.

Let's not forget our old friend, Chris Villarial.

If you think many here are being biased because this a bills board, then be my guest and head over to some media sites who give their objective opinion on the hit.

njsue
09-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Oh, so he had time to think about this? Forearm? You mean elbow...you know the bone in your arm, that was cleary sticking out.

Nobody, I repeat, nobody naturally uses their "forearm" to break their fall.

He was not making a football play. He was making a dirty play he thought he could cover up.

How anyone can try and justify the hit is absurd.

Oh yes, Brandon Jacobs, Jason Witten, Jp Losman and Micheal Turner will tell you Wilfork is not a dirty player.

Let's not forget our old friend, Chris Villarial.

If you think many here are being biased because this a bills board, then be my guest and head over to some media sites who give their objective opinion on the hit.

mikemac2001
09-09-2008, 07:44 PM
That pats fan is one giant homo

Mitchell55
09-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Justasportsfan. That video shows alot. 1st, Wolfork was looking at Losman as he fell, watching his leg. Also you see Wilfork move his arm inside, then straight like hes about to try to elbow something. He also looked like he added alot more to reach Losman and not just go down when Fowler tackled him. Also, the Pollard play (its funny, I never knew who he was and now the whole NFL does) doesnt even look dirty. He got tackled, then dived, while Brady STILL had the ball, and actually grabbed his leggs, not just throwing a elbow or twisting it, or anything. He just dived.

Mitchell55
09-09-2008, 08:11 PM

Heres a idea, call your friend over, tell him to turn around and right when he does that push. 99999 times out of 100000, he will throw his HANDS out in front of him because if he throws his Elbow out, he will fall FACE first on the ground.

raphael120
09-09-2008, 08:26 PM

He went forearm first to land on the ground, because your forearm is a lot stronger than the bones in your hand and wrists. Not too mention he was being tackled by Fowler, who missed his block on the play. So he couldn't control which way his body was going as I've seen some claim he purposely turned into JP.

And Pollard who dives into Brady's leg is clean after being brought to the ground originally by a block. Pollard who had complete control of where he was going, because, well he dove himself into Brady!

If Pollard did that to Edwards instead of Brady then you'd all sit here claiming it was dirty.

I'm done with this argument, you'll only see it with your eyes of hatred anyways.

I'm sorry, it could be Losman or Tavaris Jackson, I don't care, it's plain as day he OVEREXTENDED his knee and even LOOKED IN THE DIRECTION OF JPS KNEE as he was going down.

But you know what, it doesnt matter. The Pats were tempting the football gods by being classless dicks last season and running up scores, being disrespectful to fellow coaches and spitting in the face of the league with their cheating, etc. THey got what they deserved, a crushing Super Bowl loss, and now Brady being out for the year.

I could give two ****s what anyone thinks about Wilfork or if he's dirty or not, they have Rodney Harrison and Wilfork and they are both known --league wide-- as dirty players, and we can debate that all day.

njsue
09-09-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry, it could be Losman or Tavaris Jackson, I don't care, it's plain as day he OVEREXTENDED his knee and even LOOKED IN THE DIRECTION OF JPS KNEE as he was going down.

But you know what, it doesnt matter. The Pats were tempting the football gods by being classless dicks last season and running up scores, being disrespectful to fellow coaches and spitting in the face of the league with their cheating, etc. THey got what they deserved, a crushing Super Bowl loss, and now Brady being out for the year.

I could give two ****s what anyone thinks about Wilfork or if he's dirty or not, they have Rodney Harrison and Wilfork and they are both known --league wide-- as dirty players, and we can debate that all day.

Nighthawk
09-09-2008, 08:33 PM

I've never seen a player try to reach with his elbow to make a tackle, so your logic is not right.

Mr. Pink
09-09-2008, 08:37 PM

I don't disagree that Wilfork and Harrson are dirty players. They are, it's not secret. But when you're branded a dirty play something that happens normally then gets branded a dirty play. It is what it is.

I don't feel like quoting two posts because this will answer the post before yours as well....

Like I said, using your forearm to brace your fall, which is clearly what Wilfork is doing, is a natural reaction. His elbow happened to hit Losman's knee on his way down. It is what it is.

Using your hands to brace your fall or even worse one hand is recipe for disaster. Wilfork clearly was going down with only one hand...next time you're doing something and you go to fall, use only one hand to brace yourself. See how well the bones in your hand and wrist do. Now think of it in the terms of how it happened...Going all out and then being forced to the ground, the speed a momentum is much different than you just falling randomly...

The bones in one's wrist and hand are nowhere near as strong as the bones in your forearm. Personal experience and this is just rollerblading when I was a kid, I fell and used my hand to brace myself, broke my thumb in 5 different places. After that happened I stopped using my hand to brace my fall.

Like I said though, people will only see it in the eyes of hatred....if Pollard did what he did to Brady to Trent, it would have been dirty. But since Brady took it, it's fully clean. It's a double standard on this board on many things.

But, then again, I'm sure back in the early 80's I'm sure LT's hit on Theismann was dirty too.

raphael120
09-09-2008, 08:43 PM
I don't disagree that Wilfork and Harrson are dirty players. They are, it's not secret. But when you're branded a dirty play something that happens normally then gets branded a dirty play. It is what it is.

I don't feel like quoting two posts because this will answer the post before yours as well....

Like I said, using your forearm to brace your fall, which is clearly what Wilfork is doing, is a natural reaction. His elbow happened to hit Losman's knee on his way down. It is what it is.

Using your hands to brace your fall or even worse one hand is recipe for disaster. Wilfork clearly was going down with only one hand...next time you're doing something and you go to fall, use only one hand to brace yourself. See how well the bones in your hand and wrist do. Now think of it in the terms of how it happened...Going all out and then being forced to the ground, the speed a momentum is much different than you just falling randomly...

The bones in one's wrist and hand are nowhere near as strong as the bones in your forearm. Personal experience and this is just rollerblading when I was a kid, I fell and used my hand to brace myself, broke my thumb in 5 different places. After that happened I stopped using my hand to brace my fall.

Like I said though, people will only see it in the eyes of hatred....if Pollard did what he did to Brady to Trent, it would have been dirty. But since Brady took it, it's fully clean. It's a double standard on this board on many things.

But, then again, I'm sure back in the early 80's I'm sure LT's hit on Theismann was dirty too.

Last time i checked when youre falling like that you usually protect your rib cage by folding your arm to your side and bracing for impact, especially if youre a fat **** like Wilfork, not overextending your arm all the way out, did you notice how his elbow was not even pointing to the ground as if he was trying to use his elbow to break the fall, he had it pointing out almost 90 dregrees, not 45 like someone normally would to make sure your elbow absorbs the impact. his elbow is clearly aiming for JP's knee, not the ground, so, whatever man.

Mitchell55
09-09-2008, 08:43 PM

2 things, 1, I doubt Wilfork was thinking that his forearm is better than his hands and that it would be smarter to use his forearm than his hands. 2, I understand that you think using your forearm to brace your fall is better than your hands, but if you were falling, wouldnt you have your elbow and forearm pointing at the ground instead of, I dont know, the QBs leg?