X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • historypete
    • Feb 2005

Belichek is full of @#$&

This guy is a real piece of work. Did anyone catch his press conference today? He was talking about the hit that knocked Brady out and he had the balls to say they teach their guys to hit the QB above the knee. I guess Vince Wilfork missed practice that day. What a freakin joke. Wilfork is the dirtiest player in the league. This situation is simply the chickens coming home to roost. I actually feel bad for Brady, anyone blowing out there knee like that I feel for. But as for Belichek I hope his season goes down the toilet. I hope that old ass defense of his falls apart, and Randy Moss goes crazy because he isn't getting the deep ball anymore. I want that team in complete disaray by week 3.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Belichek is full of @#$&

I didn't catch that but yeah, he has no place to talk.

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

I can hear that coaching staff now. "Remember hit above the knees and below the head. Going for the knees will only cause an injury to a player...... and help us win.
      I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Even if he did do it on purpose I don't blame him, bunch of cocky mother ****ers.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

I saw the press conference what a joke. For him to actually say that makes "karma" an even bigger factor.

Comment

• RingofFire
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Dec 2007

i don't agree with you guys. He actually didn't call the hit on Brady dirty. He compared it on the Wilfork hit on JP. Said the league has to do what it has to do. He said it was equal to Wilfork-losman. I kinda agree

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Neither of the two hits were dirty.

It's a contact sport...it happens.

Comment

• RingofFire
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2007

Belichick: "It doesn’t really matter what I think. The officials officate the game. I am sure they will handle it. We have always taught our players that it is their responsibility to hit the quarterback above the knees and below the shoulders."

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by RingofFire
                  Belichick: "It doesn’t really matter what I think. The officials officate the game. I am sure they will handle it. We have always taught our players that it is their responsibility to hit the quarterback above the knees and below the shoulders."
                  Wilfork didn't get that lesson I suppose.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                    Wilfork didn't get that lesson I suppose.
                    Exactly and that's why Belichick is a cocky, arrogant *****! I hope he gets everything he deserves!

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by RingofFire
                        i don't agree with you guys. He actually didn't call the hit on Brady dirty. He compared it on the Wilfork hit on JP. Said the league has to do what it has to do. He said it was equal to Wilfork-losman. I kinda agree
                        I'm sorry, but I totally disagree.

The KC player, Pollard, was pushed to the ground, tried to get up, got halfway up and lunged at Brady's legs as he was being pushed down to the ground by the blocker again. His body was going straight at Brady as he tried to tackle the QB. There was no way for Pollard to avoid contact unless Brady stepped away. His body hit Brady's leg at an angle, which is what caused the injury. Pollard was trying to tackle Brady as Brady was throwing the ball, he was not trying to injure him.

What he did was totally legal. He was trying to tackle the QB and hit him in the leg. If the QB didn't want to be hit, it was his responsibility to step away from the tackler--which would have meant not throwing the ball until he had stepped away from Pollard. Brady chose to "hang in the pocket" and throw the ball and was hit as he released it.

All totally legal. There was no intent to injure.

The difference between this and what Wilfork did when he hit Losman last season is two-fold:

1.) Wilfork's body was not going directly towards Losman's leg in such a way that he could not have avoided hitting Losman. Wilfork had to actually stick his arm/elbow out in order to make contact with Losman's leg. Had he not done so, he never would have made contact with Losman's leg.

Sticking his elbow out in order to hit Losman is what made this a "dirty" play. Flashing his arm out in the manner that Wilfork did, when he did not have to do so (see # 2 below), indicated a clear intent to injure.

2.) Losman had already thrown the ball when Wilfork hit him. He was not in the act of throwing the ball as Brady was when Pollard hit him. If you hit the QB when the ball is in his hands or cannot avoid hitting the QB as he releases the ball, it is a legal hit. It is not permissible, however, to hit the QB after he has thrown the ball, if you can avoid hitting him--doing so is considered "roughing the passer".

Wilfork not only hit Losman after he had clearly released the ball and could have avoided hitting Losman, the only way that he could have hit Losman was by sticking out his arm in order to make contact with Losman's knee.

In both instances, what Wilfork did was NOT legal.

That's a HUGE difference.

And, it negates any attempt to say that Pollard's hit on Brady was similar to or the same as Wilfork's hit on Losman. The first was a legal play that accidently resulted in an injury when contact could not have been avoided. The second was a deliberate attempt by one player to injure another that could have avoided and only occured as a result of a conscious effort to create contact that would not have otherwise occured.
                        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• RingofFire
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Dec 2007

it was a blessing in disguise at it got the ball rolling with Trent

Comment

• Luisito23
                            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                            • Apr 2003

This has been the best kickoff Sunday since I can't remember when, and Belicheat and Moss crying was the icing on the cake!.... Cheaters..... Seahags...
                            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Cole
                              Junior Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

you canadians arent very smart, are you? Seahags? LMAO are you serious? what a loser!

Comment

Working...
                              X