PDA

View Full Version : No more injuries!!!

mybills
09-09-2008, 07:27 AM
Nobody should want to see a player get hurt, but it's more than that for me.
I want to see what the Bills can do against tough/healthy/competitive teams.
It's so easy to say that it's good luck for us that Jax is beat up, too, but it's really not. Sure, you take a win any way you can get it, but c'mon.

FlyingDutchman
09-09-2008, 07:32 AM
hey after last year, i have empathy, but little sympathy for teams hit by the injury bug. Ill take the W!

Ickybaluky
09-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Injuries are part of the game. The NFL is a league of attrition, and the best teams are the ones that deal with that adversity.

Ebenezer
09-09-2008, 07:35 AM
Karma...I don't ever wish for injuries; what comes around goes around.

SABuffalo786
09-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Nobody should want to see a player get hurt, but it's more than that for me.
I want to see what the Bills can do against tough/healthy/competitive teams.
It's so easy to say that it's good luck for us that Jax is beat up, too, but it's really not. Sure, you take a win any way you can get it, but c'mon.

So you'd rather see our chances of winning go down?

I don't like seeing anyone except Tom Brady or Willis McGahee hurt but if we can get an upperhand on an injury depleted team I'll definitely take it.

OpIv37
09-09-2008, 07:39 AM
No one wants to see injuries.

It's better to beat teams when they're at their strongest, but I really don't care about that anymore. After the last 10 years, I just want to win. If we have to get lucky and have banged up opponents to do it, so be it. I certainly won't wish for injuries (except to Brady and that wish already came true), but if we benefit from injuries I'm certainly not going to complain either.

Last year we had bad luck with injuries- this year, we've had good luck so for. It's part of the game.

mybills
09-09-2008, 07:45 AM
It's better to beat teams when they're at their strongest, but I really don't care about that anymore.

I do. You can't really see what they have if they play teams like the 1-15 Dolphins every week. :down:

BlackMetalNinja
09-09-2008, 07:51 AM
I do. You can't really see what they have if they play teams like the 1-15 Dolphins every week. :down:You think every other team ever other season plays completely healthy teams all the time? It takes some luck along the way to win games, and if that's how it goes, so be it.

I'm certainly not going to hope for injuries, and sure it's great to know you beat a team at their best, but wins are wins in this league. We dealt with a ridiculous amount of injuries last season, so maybe this is karma coming back to help us out a bit.

Either way, it's one more thing I have no control over, so I'm just going to continue cheering on the Bills regardless of the situation of other teams.

OpIv37
09-09-2008, 07:52 AM
I do. You can't really see what they have if they play teams like the 1-15 Dolphins every week. :down:

we're a young team that lacks experience.

If we can gain game experience and improve while getting wins (or at least ONE win- don't want to assume anything) against injury-depleted teams, it's the best possible outcome. Trust me- we'll eventually going to get our chance to play teams at full strength.

Dujek
09-09-2008, 07:54 AM
After last year's run of injuries I think it's only fair that we should be coming up against teams in the middle of an injury crisis. What goes around comes around, and for now it seems to be Buffalo getting the luck.

Though we're already down one defensive starter for the season...

mybills
09-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Thank you for getting it, Op. You're right about the experience, and I agree they'll gain it plus confidence.

Pinkerton Security
09-09-2008, 08:05 AM
I agree. I truly wanted to see if we could hang with the Pats, WITH Brady, as our new acquisitions come together. I really feel it would be a much fairer fight, and I am a tiny bit disappointed that we didnt get to test our mettle against the best. I'll take it though.