PDA

View Full Version : Do we want the Jets or Pats to win this Sunday?

HHURRICANE
09-09-2008, 08:36 AM
I was at Gang Green last night and some of the fans are prediciting a sweep of the Bills.

Now I find this somewhat funny considering what happened last year. There are some Jets that respect the Bills and are counting on a split.

Hands down they think are biggest achylles heal is Trent Edwards.

First off, I think we are sweeping the Jets. Second, I think they are not that good and could easily end up 3rd in our division.

Should we be rooting for a Jets win or Pats win this weekend?

jamesiscool
09-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Ill never say this again, I want the pats to win. I want espn and every other "expert" to get off Brett's dick.

OpIv37
09-09-2008, 08:42 AM
I could see it either way. One one hand, if the Jets win they're 2-0 in the division. On the other hand, even without Brady the Pats are good and the Jets will be easier to catch/keep up with down the stretch.

This one's pretty much lose-lose for us.

Dujek
09-09-2008, 08:45 AM
I could see it either way. One one hand, if the Jets win they're 2-0 in the division. On the other hand, even without Brady the Pats are good and the Jets will be easier to catch/keep up with down the stretch.

Unless they go out and injure a few starters on both teams.

I'd rather see the Patriots win this one, and I'd love to see Favre have an absolute nightmare of a day. I wonder how he'll handle a New York crowd getting on his back if things aren't going their way? I'm betting on another retirement before the end of the season.

justasportsfan
09-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Wilfork is out on a mission to "accidentally" hit Farve and Trent on the knee.

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 08:57 AM
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

I want the Patriots to be the first team EVER to go 1-15 after a 16-0 season.

**** THE PATS.

jdbillsfan
09-09-2008, 09:17 AM

One of them will lose, so it can't be lose lose.

patmoran2006
09-09-2008, 09:19 AM
I still think the Pats are the best team in the division and we'll end up fighting the Jets for a wild card.

So for that reason, I'm rooting for the Patriots (GOD, that hurts). NE is winning 10-11 games without Brady this year, mark my words. I want to make sure the Jets dont do the same, so every loss matters.

BTW, I will be in NYC for that game, watching from ESPN ZOne.

Bufftp
09-09-2008, 09:23 AM
I want the Bills to take care of business in Jacksonville, period.

OpIv37
09-09-2008, 09:26 AM
One of them will lose, so it can't be lose lose.

one of them will be 2-0 with at least 1 division win and 2 conference wins, whereas the best we can do is 2-0 with 0 division wins and 1 conference win. It's lose-lose.

Michael82
09-09-2008, 09:28 AM
I hate to admit it, but ESPN is forcing me to root for the Patriots. I am so sick of the ****ing Brett Favre ball washing. I want him to get hit all day long and struggle from the defense of the Patriots. I want him to get embarassed, so the media will move on to someone else. Come on...the guy was mediocre this week against a crappy Dolphins team. That hail mary was total luck. He threw it up there and 90% of the time, it would have gotten batted down or INT. Plus the Dolphins were driving downfield for the win...they almost won the game. The Jets are so overrated, it's not funny. :ill:

justasportsfan
09-09-2008, 09:29 AM
they tie.

I expect Wilfork to introduce his elbow to Farves knee.

don137
09-09-2008, 09:32 AM
I am not sure if the Patriots are good or not. They barely beat KC at home but with that said the Jets barely beat the Dolphins. I think both those teams are going to finish around 8-8 with the Patriots maybe finishing 9-7.

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 09:34 AM
I hate to admit it, but ESPN is forcing me to root for the Patriots. I am so sick of the ****ing Brett Favre ball washing. I want him to get hit all day long and struggle from the defense of the Patriots. I want him to get embarassed, so the media will move on to someone else. Come on...the guy was mediocre this week against a crappy Dolphins team. That hail mary was total luck. He threw it up there and 90% of the time, it would have gotten batted down or INT. Plus the Dolphins were driving downfield for the win...they almost won the game. The Jets are so overrated, it's not funny. :ill: Mikey you have forgotten how much you hate the Patriots.

The Favre thing yes it's annoying but you're only been annoyed by the coverage in the past few months. Before that, you probably even LIKED Favre.

Remember Bellichick and his smirky ass looking running up the score on the Bills on Sunday night last season?

Remember Brady scoffing at the 21-17 prediction by the Giants? "We're only going to score 17 points? Haha right...okay!"

Remember how they cheated for all these years including all the Super Bowls?

Remember how the media totally SUCKED BRADY'S NUTS for all these years???

WHO DO YOU HATE MORE MIKEY????

Ickybaluky
09-09-2008, 09:37 AM
I still think the Pats are the best team in the division and we'll end up fighting the Jets for a wild card.

So for that reason, I'm rooting for the Patriots (GOD, that hurts). NE is winning 10-11 games without Brady this year, mark my words. I want to make sure the Jets dont do the same, so every loss matters.

BTW, I will be in NYC for that game, watching from ESPN ZOne.

I'm not sure how you can say that. The Pats are starting a virtual nobody at QB.

The Pats will be transitioning from a QB-driven team to a team where the QB is a complementary piece. They are good enough to still win some games that way, but the QB has to manage the game and play competently.

Given Cassell's lack of experience, who knows if he can do that. If he does, the Pats will remain competitive (although any Super Bowl berth is history). If he doesn't, they are also-rans. It is as simple as that.

Ed
09-09-2008, 09:37 AM
I don't know who is more of a threat, but considering the Jets already have one division win, it's probably better that the Pats win. It's still so early though, so who knows.

For what it's worth, I heard a couple guys on ESPN Radio this morning( I don't know who they were, but they were filling in for Mike and Mike) and they both thought the Patriots were going to finish 10-6 and still win the AFC East.

I don't know if I agree, but I definitely think it's crazy for people to already start writing off the Pats.

Ickybaluky
09-09-2008, 09:40 AM
For what it's worth, I heard a couple guys on ESPN Radio this morning( I don't know who they were, but they were filling in for Mike and Mike) and they both thought the Patriots were going to finish 10-6 and still win the AFC East.

It was Eric Casilias (sp?) and Tom Waddle.

I don't know if I agree, but I definitely think it's crazy for people to already start writing off the Pats.

I think we have to wait and see what kind of QB play they get. They are good enough around the QB to remain competitive, but won't be able to overcome bad QB play.

Michael82
09-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Mikey you have forgotten how much you hate the Patriots.

The Favre thing yes it's annoying but you're only been annoyed by the coverage in the past few months. Before that, you probably even LIKED Favre.

Remember Bellichick and his smirky ass looking running up the score on the Bills on Sunday night last season?

Remember Brady scoffing at the 21-17 prediction by the Giants? "We're only going to score 17 points? Haha right...okay!"

Remember how they cheated for all these years including all the Super Bowls?

Remember how the media totally SUCKED BRADY'S NUTS for all these years???

WHO DO YOU HATE MORE MIKEY????
Good point....I got a little blinded by my Brett Favre hatred! **** the Patriots! I hope that there is a sideline collision and one of the Jets/Patriots players comes flying into the sideline, hitting Bill Belichick and knocking him on his ass. I hope that Vince Wilfork tries to do a cheap shot on Brett Favre, but gets knocked the **** out by one of the Jets linemen. I hope that Rodney Harrison gets hit really hard from Thomas Jones as he runs all over the Patriots defense for 200 yards and gets my fantasy team lots of points. I hope the Jets win, but only from Thomas Jones and their defense. I want Brett Favre to be picked off 4 times and the Jets to win mainly from special teams and the defense.

patmoran2006
09-09-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure how you can say that. The Pats are starting a virtual nobody at QB.

The Pats will be transitioning from a QB-driven team to a team where the QB is a complementary piece. They are good enough to still win some games that way, but the QB has to manage the game and play competently.

Given Cassell's lack of experience, who knows if he can do that. If he does, the Pats will remain competitive (although any Super Bowl berth is history). If he doesn't, they are also-rans. It is as simple as that.
I'm not saying they're anywhere as good without Brady, but they're still the best team in the division, IMO.

As much as I hate him personally, i'm in the minority on this board when I saw Bellichek is deserving of all the praise he gets as a coach.

And there are three other HUGE factors on why I think NE still wins 10-11 games.

1- Moss and Welker is the best WR tandem in football, and Watson is no slouch at TE (when healthy).. That can make any QB look better.

2- They are solid in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

3- They dont have the hardest schedule either, they get to beat up on the NFC West like the rest of the division.

I would love to be wrong, I do not like New England. But I"ll be surprised if they dont get to double digit wins.

justasportsfan
09-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Good point....I got a little blinded by my Brett Favre hatred! **** the Patriots! I hope that there is a sideline collision and one of the Jets/Patriots players comes flying into the sideline, hitting Bill Belichick and knocking him on his ass. I hope that Vince Wilfork tries to do a cheap shot on Brett Favre, but gets knocked the **** out by one of the Jets linemen. I hope that Rodney Harrison gets hit really hard from Thomas Jones as he runs all over the Patriots defense for 200 yards and gets my fantasy team lots of points. I hope the Jets win, but only from Thomas Jones and their defense. I want Brett Favre to be picked off 4 times and the Jets to win mainly from special teams and the defense.

this is the first time I like your over reacting. :up:

PcA125
09-09-2008, 10:05 AM
I think you have to want the jets to pull this one out. I want to see NE lose as many games as they can now before cassell figgures out that all he has to do is throw it up to randy moss...td.

on a side note, how is this guy even in the league? He hasnt started a game since high school

Agent007
09-09-2008, 10:06 AM
The lesser of two evils....

Jets.

Meathead
09-09-2008, 11:13 AM
i say secretly pack gibran hamdan with explosives and send him on the field during pats/jets warmups

Agent007
09-09-2008, 11:22 AM
i say secretly pack gibran hamdan with explosives and send him on the field during pats/jets warmups

hah

gr8slayer
09-09-2008, 11:22 AM
I'd personally like to see the Bills win and not worry about the other teams.

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2008, 11:24 AM
I'd personally like to see the Bills win and not worry about the other teams.

Exactly!

The Bills control their destiny. Win games and we do not need to worry about it.

Personally, I don't care who wins!

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Personally, I don't care who wins!
As long as the Patriots lose!

mybills
09-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Jets.

I will NEVER root for the Pats. :puke:
Plus, I don't see what all the hype is about. They look terrible.

Patriots maybe finishing 9-7.
I agree.

cocamide
09-09-2008, 11:43 AM
I hope both teams have a sloppy game, with Favre and Cassel throwing 2-3 ints each. I think it's better for the Jets to win, since they'll probably lose more games to lesser opponents than the Patriots will, so this will help to even things out. I expect a low scoring, defensive battle, with both teams getting tons of pressure on the QBs.

Win or lose, ESPN will be on their knees pleasuring Brett though.

baalworship
09-09-2008, 11:50 AM
I want the Pats to win so we can take them down later in the year. It also will be a bonus for people to realize the Jets are not that good so we can stop with the Favre nonsense.

baalworship
09-09-2008, 11:51 AM
I want the Pats to win so we can take them down later in the year. It also will be a bonus for people to realize the Jets are not that good so we can stop with the Favre nonsense.

RingofFire
09-09-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm rooting for the Jets i think. Because the jets got a tough game vs chargers week 3 which they will lose. and pats have easy game vs Fish.

So i'm hoping for Jets 2-1, Pats 2-1 or 1-2, and Bills 3-0. we have the raiders week 3. they are hideous.

cocamide
09-09-2008, 11:56 AM
we have the raiders week 3. they are hideous.

Which means it's a perfect game for us to lose.

northernbillfan
09-09-2008, 12:11 PM
One of them will lose, so it can't be lose lose.Not if they tie.

Lexwhat
09-09-2008, 12:21 PM
I think we have to wait and see what kind of QB play they get. They are good enough around the QB to remain competitive, but won't be able to overcome bad QB play.

I think you are being modest. Last week Cassell was thrown into the fire, so to speak. This week, he'll be able to prepare, and Belichick will be drawing up a unique game plan.

How does any inexperienced QB succeed?
1. Solid Run Game
2. Good TEs and WRs.
3. O-Line to protect him.

Cassell has all those, and can easily be a good care-taker. Moss is still the best WR in the world, and is the single biggest reason why the Pats still scare me. Not to mention, your season schedule is a joke.

I see 11-5 or 10-6 for the Patriots this year, unfortunately.

PromoTheRobot
09-09-2008, 12:48 PM
If the Pats win, then it will be "Pats are great even without Brady" all week. If the Jets win it will be "Crown Jets AFCE champs now" all week. So it really doesn't matter.

If I had to choose, I say Jets over Pats. Then the Bills can pop the Jets party balloon in November.

PTR

jdbillsfan
09-09-2008, 12:50 PM
one of them will be 2-0 with at least 1 division win and 2 conference wins, whereas the best we can do is 2-0 with 0 division wins and 1 conference win. It's lose-lose.

This is silly.

One of them has to lose, so that is a good thing.

Shiny Chicken
09-09-2008, 12:56 PM
The Jets have always been my least disliked of AFC East teams. On top of that it will be sweet to se the Patriots fall. If the Bills can simply take care of businesswith the Jets then it won't matter if they win this game. **** the Patriots. They've had this coming.

The Natrix
09-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Ha, I was thinking about this last night and I was leaning toward wanting the Patriots to win. That was based on being annoyed by jets fan's cockiness after barely beating the dolphins.

After further deliberation, I am now nuetral. I think Cassel is going to do ok, and the Patriots will be better than the jets come week 10 or 11. I think a 2-0 Patriots team would be more cause for concern than a 2-0 jets team.

Either way I'll get some satisfaction watching whoever loses.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-09-2008, 01:31 PM
I was at Gang Green last night and some of the fans are prediciting a sweep of the Bills.

Now I find this somewhat funny considering what happened last year. There are some Jets that respect the Bills and are counting on a split.

Hands down they think are biggest achylles heal is Trent Edwards.

First off, I think we are sweeping the Jets. Second, I think they are not that good and could easily end up 3rd in our division.

Should we be rooting for a Jets win or Pats win this weekend?

Does it really matter? we should only be worrying about us, we control our own destiny..i dont give a **** what other teams do..i just care if we keep winning baby!!

ublinkwescore
09-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Ill never say this again, I want the pats to win. I want espn and every other "expert" to get off Brett's dick.

We're damned if we do, we're damned if we don't...

if the pats win, then we all get to hear about how the Pats are gonna go all the way with Cassel at QB.

If the Jets win, then we all get to hear about how Favre is the Jets' savior, and will take the division.

Personally, I can't wait til we get our first division games.