• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Wilfork thinks Pollard's hit on Brady deserved action by NFL

pot, meet kettle

Nose tackle Vince Wilfork is peeved that the NFL decided not to fine Kansas City Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard for his low hit on the left knee of quarterback Tom Brady, a blow that has ended Brady's season. Wilfork is protective of his quarterback, but he feels that the league has a double standard. On a similar play last season, a falling Wilfork struck Buffalo Bills quarterback J.P. Losman in the knee with his arm and was flagged for a 15-yard penalty and fined $12,500.

NFL rules state that "no defensive player who has an unrestricted path to the quarterback may hit him flagrantly in the area of the knee(s) or below when approaching in any direction." The league's officiating department reviewed the Pollard hit and deemed it within the rules because "the defensive player was coming off and affected by a block by the offense," according to a league spokesman.

"I was tripped up and falling, and I still got fined and flagged for the same exact thing," said Wilfork. "I was tripped up. I didn't dive at anybody's legs. I didn't cut a running back getting to a quarterback. And when I got fined last year, they said I got flagged because you're not allowed to hit a quarterback below the waist. So, you take it for what it's worth."
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Wilfork thinks Pollard's hit on Brady deserved action by NFL

Wilforks Karma is coming.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HAMMER
      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
      • Jul 2003

Wilfork very clearly extended his arm as far as possible to hit Losmans' knee before hitting the ground. He's a punk, I wanna kick his azz.

Comment

• Agent007
        Veteran Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Wilfork is wrong in every aspect of his convinctions.

It was clear Pollard was trying to grab for Brady's leg to bring him down.

It was clear he did not accidentally stick his elbow out to stop his fall.

Nobody sticks their elbow out to stop their fall. His elbow was in and started to stick out as he was heading towards Losman's knee.

Wilfork must be a fool to expect anyone to believe it was unintentional.

The bigger fool here was the Commish for letting him slide with only a fine.

Rodney Harrison and Wilfork must be close teammates.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Wilfork should recognize a dirty hit when he sees one. He's turned cheap shots into an art form.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            I can't wait!

Will it be a knee injury or broken ribs?

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

Wilfork is just upset he was fined $2,500 by the NFL for essentially the same play. He isn't upset at Pollard or the play, he is upset at the double-standard where he had to pay.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

You know, I don't like seeing anybody get hurt but the crap that comes out of the Patriots mouths makes you think they got what was coming to them. Wilfork's hit was so much more intentional IMO than the hit on Brady.

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  Have you seen his wife..... yikes.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                    Have you seen his wife..... yikes.
                    Fugly?
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by don137
                      You know, I don't like seeing anybody get hurt but the crap that comes out of the Patriots mouths makes you think they got what was coming to them. Wilfork's hit was so much more intentional IMO than the hit on Brady.
                      And... you are a mind reader? Through the TV no less?

I love how people try to read intent into a football play. You have huge guys going full speed while being blocked, but he has time to have a cup of coffee and think about what is going to happen.

As fast as the game is played, players are just reacting.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
                        And that is why everyone who is not a Patriots fan, has so much hatred for that team. They are all cocky, arrogant *****s and deserve everything that they get. It's about time karma came to bite them in the ass!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                          Wilfork is just upset he was fined $2,500 by the NFL for essentially the same play. He isn't upset at Pollard or the play, he is upset at the double-standard where he had to pay.
                          So he is a busy body then? Worry about yourself vince.

Comment

• Agent007
                            Veteran Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

And... you are a mind reader? Through the TV no less?

I love how people try to read intent into a football play. You have huge guys going full speed while being blocked, but he has time to have a cup of coffee and think about what is going to happen.

As fast as the game is played, players are just reacting.
                            I gather you've stuck out your elbow to break you fall??

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Comment

Working...
                              X