PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Bills shopping McCargo?

M
09-09-2008, 12:28 PM
I just talked to my friend in Buffalo who said the Bills are shopping McCargo for a linebacker. Has anybody heard this?!?!?

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 12:29 PM
It depends if your friend is rich.

gr8slayer
09-09-2008, 12:29 PM
It depends if your friend is rich.
Maybe he is running around with the same group as Skooby?

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I read a thread about this elsewhere, where somebody suggested this but there was no rumor about it.

W1DER1GHT
This is the first I've heard of this. It wouldn't be a total shock with the way Johnson, Stroud and Williams played Sunday. I don't really think it makes a ton of sense right now because of how well our LBs played, but the Crowell thing makes me think that it's possible.

Philagape
What would we get? His value is pretty much bottomed out.

OpIv37
09-09-2008, 12:35 PM
It makes sense to me but I don't even think this qualifies as a "rumor." It seems like someone was just throwing ideas out there on a message board or sports column and said "maybe we could trade McCargo to fill the hole at LB."

Next thing you know, it's all over the Internet and everyone thinks it's true.

PromoTheRobot
09-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Check eBay.

PTR

Wally The Barber
09-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Maybe we can Get Coy Wire back....stay truned

Michael82
09-09-2008, 12:46 PM
WGR brought this up this weekend and they said that the fact that McCargo was inactive for the week sometimes means that the team is shopping him and don't want him to get hurt in the game.

bigbub2352
09-09-2008, 12:53 PM
I heard something similiar from a friend of mine out of Rochester, He has a few ties with the media, nothing i can get a link for it is a rumor as he told me it was too

But just sayin that if he was inactive that means we mite have something in the works
But i wouldnt bet on it

OpIv37
09-09-2008, 01:39 PM
WGR brought this up this weekend and they said that the fact that McCargo was inactive for the week sometimes means that the team is shopping him and don't want him to get hurt in the game.

interesting but still just speculation. There's nothing to indicate that the team is actually doing that.

Anyway, McCargo stepped it up last year but was a disappointment this off season. Plus, the DL looked great on Sun without him, against a decent OL no less. We don't really need him, so if we can get some value for him, good.

mysticsoto
09-09-2008, 01:50 PM
I'd worry if this happens b'cse I do not now how Stroud will hold up as the season goes. He plays hard, which is good, but if he got hurt, our D would take a turn for the worse instantly - of course, McCargo wouldn't likely vault us back, but he did have some good games last year where he was very effective. I think there is alot of potential with him and I wonder if his inconsistency is more mental?

Also, if this was true and they were indeed shopping for a LB, that would likely mean Crowell would not be with us next year.

SpillerThrills
09-09-2008, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't be totally against this, but who is gonna trade for McCargo and give us someone decent?

OpIv37
09-09-2008, 01:54 PM
I'd worry if this happens b'cse I do not now how Stroud will hold up as the season goes. He plays hard, which is good, but if he got hurt, our D would take a turn for the worse instantly - of course, McCargo wouldn't likely vault us back, but he did have some good games last year where he was very effective. I think there is alot of potential with him and I wonder if his inconsistency is more mental?

Also, if this was true and they were indeed shopping for a LB, that would likely mean Crowell would not be with us next year.

Good point on Stroud's health.

Crowell's gone anyway. There's no way we bring him back. Don't be surprised if he gets an injury settlement and is a FA by October.

trapezeus
09-09-2008, 02:10 PM
the bills seem to be so excited about depth. maybe to a fault. i don't think they trade a 1st round pick who has been inconsistent.

TigerJ
09-09-2008, 02:21 PM
It is a reasonable possibility, but the Bills have given no public indication of such. Unless your friend has a legit inside source, I'd chalk it up to wishful thinking.

BuffaloBisco
09-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Tim Graham, the blogger for the AFC East on ESPN.com, said a "source" told him the Bills were dangling McCargo before the whole Crowell situation went down. He did a chat last Friday where the topic came up....

Erik (Pompton Lakes, NJ): Tim, heard that you said that the bills were shopping John McCargo. Any idea who they may have talked to and what they might be looking for?

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/sn2.gif Tim Graham: I do know who they've talked to, but I would be outing my sources if I told you. So I can't do that. But I will say interest has been lukewarm from what I understand. I don't know what the Bills are looking for in return.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=22282

Agent007
09-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I can't think of them trading him for anything more than a linebacker.

Scumbag College
09-09-2008, 02:39 PM
I can see where a team might take a chance on him with the flashes he showed last year. I think he needs a coach that can light a fire under his flabby ass.

Bulldog
09-09-2008, 02:49 PM
With Stroud's injury history, no way do I unload McCargo. Maybe landing on the inactive list will light a fire under McCargo ass. Trading him would leave little to no depth behind Stroud, Johnson & Williams.

jimbohastle51
09-09-2008, 03:51 PM
mccargo has little value. i mean seriously what lineback would we get?!? maybe a developmental guy or a brandon ayenbadejeo type guy who is great on specail teams but has potential as a linebacker, honestly that guy would be a waste of a spot on the 53 man roster though. i would rather see them keep mccargo inactive and if an injury happens we have someone who can step in and keep our rotation strong. we obviously need 3 solid DT's for our rotation. because stroud, johnson, and williams all played ALOT!!!

Ed
09-09-2008, 05:59 PM
I would rather keep McCargo if we're looking for a LB. DT's are more important to this team and we have a good back-up LB in Digiorgio. We can always bring back a guy like Spragan too if we get injuries at LB.

buffalony85
09-09-2008, 08:02 PM
The guy was inactive for one game and now they just assume we're shopping him

raphael120
09-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Well if he was inactive just because he can't outplay Spencer Johnson, that's dissapointing. THis guy was a first round pick and he came into camp a fat bastard. I'd be happy if we got a good water boy for his waste of space ass.

Mr. Pink
09-09-2008, 08:41 PM
If they were shopping him, why wouldn't they basically make him a "healthy scratch?"

Wouldn't they want him to go perform at a decent level to have some value?

Because right now, his value is basically non-existent.

raphael120
09-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah he's so good we can afford to sit him. BS, he's a bum.

Mr. Pink
09-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Yeah he's so good we can afford to sit him. BS, he's a bum.

Wasted pick...shouldn't have even made the final roster this year.

He was one guy I actually paid attention to the preseason game vs the Lions...he was nonexistent and got pushed all over the place.

raphael120
09-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Wasted pick...shouldn't have even made the final roster this year.

He was one guy I actually paid attention to the preseason game vs the Lions...he was nonexistent and got pushed all over the place.

you mean wasted PICKS...we traded up for that tub of lard.

Mr. Pink
09-09-2008, 08:56 PM
you mean wasted PICKS...we traded up for that tub of lard.

But the Giants wanted him!

We had to trade up!

I'm trying to forget guys like Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, JP, McCargo cost us several picks to get.

Thanks for reminding me!

HHURRICANE
09-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I call BS here.

The Bills aren't going to get anything of value for him. This is the Losman trade all over again.

Nobody is knocking our door down for either one of these guys.

My guess is the Bills knew how good Spencer and Stroud were in camp and it just marginalized McCargo.

My bet is that he doesn't make the roster next year.

yordad
09-09-2008, 10:01 PM
I highly doubt he is going anywhere. We'd have 3 DTs.

My guess is he didn't dress because he was the #4, and he doesn't play STs. He would have played like one play had he dressed anyways. Hence, inactive.

You don't rotate a Marcus Stroud. But McCargo provides depth, with good potential.

Then again, the Bills always do stuff that leaves me scratching my head.

clumping platelets
09-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Just trade a draft pick for a LB if the need is great enough

Mitchy moo
09-09-2008, 11:02 PM
McCargo is like JP, more useful here if needed then what we get back as of now if traded. That could change though if NE is willing to send us a first for JP, lol.