PDA

View Full Version : Bills defense has more up its sleeve

The Spaz
09-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Buffalo’s defense pulled out all the stops in their season opening win over Seattle. Bills defensive coordinator Perry Fewell said his scheme would be more complex in 2008 and put more on his players to execute. And execute they did. With end-tackle games, a defensive line with four ends all standing at the line of scrimmage at times and a host of inside blitz calls Buffalo’s defense was a blur of activity and production.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6570

hammerbillsfan
09-09-2008, 03:15 PM
:drool:

gr8slayer
09-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Well we picked up hell of a blitzing LB, we might as well use him.

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Take that, Gregg Williams.

Agent007
09-09-2008, 03:32 PM
It's about time buffalo's defense has become creative.

People used to get upset over having a tampa 2 defense, but that's not the case anymore.

This defense has now become a hybrid defense incorporating different schemes.

Eat your heart out Belicheat.

TigerJ
09-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Ironically, Gregg Williams is the DC with the reputation for complex blitzing schemes and exotic formations. He is Jacksonville's DC and Jack Del Rio is pretty much insisting he play a straight cover 2. Trent Edwards should be able to complete a lot of underneath stuff Sunday.

Mitchell55
09-09-2008, 08:51 PM
After watching that game, its come apparent that its not the coaching, or the players, but a mix of both. There is no way that Fewell goes from only 4 man pressure, to having all his DL stand up and run around eachother for confusion. I believe the main reason for such great coaching is that they now have trust. The passing is being used more because they have trust in Edwards, wierd movements on D are used because they have trust in Pos, Mitchell, and Stroud.

Mr. Pink
09-09-2008, 08:59 PM
It's good to see we employed more of an attacking style of defense and set the tone instead of sitting back and having the opposing offense dictating the tone.

Actually, it was awesome to see that we dictated the pace and an excellent change of pace.

Hope to see more of it.

raphael120
09-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Nice to see we dictated to their defense too. Both sides of the ball were attacking instead of "just taking what the defense gives us" we went up to the defense, slapped it in the face and said "***** WHERES MY MONEY!!?!"

Mitchell55
09-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Whatever happened to the bend and dont break defensive scheme and the dont drive and dont score offensive scheme that we loved so much.

mikemac2001
09-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Whitner is becoming one of my fav bills

i love his leadership so much, i hated the pick when it happened but he has totally changed my thoughts around

mysticsoto
09-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Ironically, Gregg Williams is the DC with the reputation for complex blitzing schemes and exotic formations. He is Jacksonville's DC and Jack Del Rio is pretty much insisting he play a straight cover 2. Trent Edwards should be able to complete a lot of underneath stuff Sunday.

This might be a good game to activate Hardy and have him get some stuff underneath. Reed should have a good game also and something tells me Lynch and Jackson may be used more as WRs in this game...