• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phins054
    Legitimate businessman..."waste" management
    • Jul 2002

What will it take...

to beat the Jets...

What strategy do you feel will work best against the Jets. Where do you think the Jets are weakest???
    Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff...
  • JefftheBillsfan
    • Jul 2002

their secondary. i also think we could be successful blitzing off the right side with old man jason fabini playing LT. clements/winfield will own the jets WRs so lets put at least 8 men in the box if not 9 at all times.
    Its all about the quest.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

Hope Cowart breaks again, which seems to be a good bet
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

Oh, yeah...and light up the secondary. I think this will be a good game for Moulds and Riemersma
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Great question!
          If Martin and Testeverde are on their mark, we are going to have to control the ball and keep the Jets O off the field.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
            • Jul 2002

easier said than done...they have a solid front 7. its gonna be hard to beat them deep with their cover 2 system...but they don't have a CB that can jam Moulds at the line...so I expect a lot of intermediate passes to moulds.
            Its all about the quest.

Comment

• Kicker22705
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
              their secondary. i also think we could be successful blitzing off the right side with old man jason fabini playing LT. clements/winfield will own the jets WRs so lets put at least 8 men in the box if not 9 at all times.
              How old is Fabini? I thought he was 27 or 28.

And Phins did you mean how the Dolphins can beat them or the Bills?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                • Jul 2002

I expect Martin to have 180 yards and 2 or 3 TDs on the ground.
                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Rebecky
                  • Aug 2002

I think the Jets use 3 WR spread a lot -- so can winfield, clement and watson cover Chrebet, S Moss and Coles?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                    • Jul 2002

Don't kid yourselves, the Jets will have a decent D this season barring a slew of injuries. Their CBs are Beasley and Abraham, both have tons of experience, are in their primes, and are good.

I see Martin having a heyday, and if we can't contain him, then it won't matter anyway. If we do, I imagine that it'll be at the expense of some big plays in our passing game. Look out for Santana Moss this year. They have a solid trio of WRs and when you couple that with Martin, it's a dangerous combination.

Our only hope for that game is to exploit their rushing D. Their DL is improved over last year and therefore their last year's 28th ranked rush D. It should be improved however. But their pass D was 7th and it should be about the same.

Drew's 7-9 career vs. the Jets, and 2-6 since '97. So he'll have something to shake as well. We'll need a running game no matter where it comes from. If we can keep pace, then we can win. If we only score 21 or 24 or fewer points, then we don't have a chance. You can count on Martin for 120 yards and 2 TDs at least.

STs may be the largest factor in that game. If we can get good FP throughout the game, and ensure that the Jets have crud FP, then that could easily be enough to give us the edge.
                    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

cas,

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Butch
                        • Jul 2002

I suggest getting Alex Van Pelt as your QB, he has a better record against the Jets than that buffoon you have down there named Fiedler.

Seriously though, try not blowing a 21 or 24 point lead and I think you have a chance.
                        It's nice to have a real quarterback again.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Score more points

Comment

• BambinoSux
                            Don't Throw It My Way
                            • Aug 2002

Phins,

You shouldn't even bother playing the games against the Jets anymore. What is it 8 in a row now? That is pretty sad. I think by Week 10 the Jets will be going downhill when Vinny starts to show his age.
                            I don't believe in no damn curses.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                              I expect Martin to have 180 yards and 2 or 3 TDs on the ground.

180!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take that bet any day of the week. If Martin gets 180 yards I'll change my sign to anything you want! Something like Wys Wing Sauce is the best. Not a chance in the world.
                              Resign our own guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X