PDA

View Full Version : Young dangerously depressed

Mitchell55
09-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Did anyone hear about Young acting realy different around his family, then wasnt seen for a long time and his brother told police that he had a gun in his glove department.

ALL D
09-09-2008, 08:42 PM
That is a tough thing depression. My brother in law struggles with it and I have seen what it can do. Hope he makes it through

Cntrygal
09-09-2008, 09:13 PM
I read an article earlier today and he was fine. He was at a friends house watching a game.

Cntrygal
09-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Young's agent said Tuesday afternoon there was no need for concern because the quarterback was at a friend's house watching football and eating chicken wings.

"When people were worried about him, I was on the phone talking to him," agent Major Adams said. "I didn't know there was any confusion about where he was as if he was missing or whatever. He just said, 'Hey, I'm over here watching the game.' ... Then I start getting all these frantic calls."

more... (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8540384/Titans'-Young-awaits-MRI-result;-agent-dispels-fears)

Mitchell55
09-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Young's agent said Tuesday afternoon there was no need for concern because the quarterback was at a friend's house watching football and eating chicken wings.

"When people were worried about him, I was on the phone talking to him," agent Major Adams said. "I didn't know there was any confusion about where he was as if he was missing or whatever. He just said, 'Hey, I'm over here watching the game.' ... Then I start getting all these frantic calls."

more... (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8540384/Titans'-Young-awaits-MRI-result;-agent-dispels-fears)

Holly ****. CHICKEN WINGS!!!!!! Hes dead.

The Spaz
09-09-2008, 10:03 PM
I heard that too but I also heard during the game he had to be convinced to get back in and play, and that was before he got inured.

Mitchell55
09-09-2008, 10:06 PM
I heard that too but I also heard during the game he had to be convinced to get back in and play, and that was before he got inured.

All I know is there has to be something more than what has been showed so far. We basically have heard that Young is depressed and was at his friends eating chicken wings sunday. I still dont get why they had to tell us what he was eating also. Not that it matters, but from how serious it sounded, who gives a damn if he was eating chicken wings or dog.

gr8slayer
09-09-2008, 10:27 PM
The Nashville Tennessean reports Vince Young on Monday "indicated to those around him he didn't want to play football any more." The Titans may be planning to move on without him. This isn't the first time we've heard this from Young. And "there are indications" the team is ready to move forward with Kerry Collins, even when Young gets healthy. And that assumes Young even wants his job back. Young's mother, rightly concerned, pleaded for people to give her son "space" and "love." But it won't be so simple. A psychologist reported Young was "extremely depressed" and one wonders when he'll see the field again.
This is really no surprise to those of us who followed him during his college career.

imbondz
09-10-2008, 01:45 AM
why is it no surprise?

The Nashville police were called Monday night, and supposedly from the Titans front office. So, something ain't right. Young is a good guy, hope he figures it out.

njsue
09-10-2008, 06:59 AM
He is very sensitive. What he needs to do is SUCK IT UP and just play ball!

BlackMetalNinja
09-10-2008, 07:01 AM
He is very sensitive. What he needs to do is SUCK IT UP and just play ball!Kind of like you should just suck it up and laugh at my jokes... they're pretty funny :up:

Pinkerton Security
09-10-2008, 10:15 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Al3VdRksXfyV29qvfswi39U5nYcB?slug=ap-titans-young&prov=ap&type=lgns

QB’s mother: Titans’ Young ‘hurting inside’

55 minutes ago

<form method="post" action="http://buzz.yahoo.com/vote/" class="buzzvote" target="_new"> <input name="from" value="orion" type="hidden"> <input name="assettype" value="article" type="hidden"> <input name="guid" value="urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,ap:20050301:nfl,article,ap-titans-young:1" type="hidden"> <input name="publisherurn" value="y_sports" type="hidden"> <input name=".crumb" value="K2FpRiKzujk" type="hidden"> <input name="votetype" value="1" type="hidden"> <input name=".done" value="/article/y_sports/urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,ap:20050301:nfl,article,ap-titans-young:1" type="hidden"><button type="submit"></button> </form>

<script type="text/javascript">function prev_photo() { if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index > 0) { goto_photo(YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index - 1); } else { goto_photo(YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_last_index); } } function next_photo() { if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index < YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_last_index) { goto_photo(YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index + 1); } else { goto_photo(0); } } function update_buttons() { /* if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index > 0) { YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass("article_carousel_prev", "prev"); YAHOO.util.Dom.removeClass("article_carousel_prev", "prev_disabled"); } else { YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass("article_carousel_prev", "prev_disabled"); YAHOO.util.Dom.removeClass("article_carousel_prev", "prev"); } if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index < YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_last_index) { YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass("article_carousel_next", "next"); YAHOO.util.Dom.removeClass("article_carousel_next", "next_disabled"); } else { YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass("article_carousel_next", "next_disabled"); YAHOO.util.Dom.removeClass("article_carousel_next", "next"); } */ } function goto_photo(p) { if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos) { for(i = 0; i < YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos.length; i++) { if (i == p) { YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos[i], "display", ""); } else { YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos[i], "display", "none"); } } if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_page) { YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_page.innerHTML =(p + 1); YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index = p; } } update_buttons(); } YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_init = function () { YAHOO.util.Event.addListener("article_carousel_prev", "click", prev_photo); YAHOO.util.Event.addListener("article_carousel_next", "click", next_photo); YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index = 0; YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_page = YAHOO.util.Dom.get("carousel_page"); YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos = YAHOO.util.Dom.getElementsByClassName("item", "div", "leadphoto"); if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos) { goto_photo(0); } } YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_init(); </script>
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—The mother of Titans quarterback Vince Young (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7752/;_ylt=AoIv5jF8JOxWgyvdntrGngIdsLYF) said he’s “hurting inside and out” and indicated he doesn’t want to play football.
Felicia Young said in Wednesday editions of The Tennessean that her son is tired of all the negativity he’s faced after being booed during a 17-10 win Sunday over Jacksonville. On Monday, Titans coach Jeff Fisher called police to help find him.
“What would you think, if you were tired of being ridiculed and persecuted and talked about and not being treated very well, what would you do? What kind of decision would you make?” Felicia Young said “He may not want to deal with it (all), but you have to get to that point before you make that decision first.\

I'll tell you what, if I was making as much money as this stupid a**, I would take the heat. What a pansy. I've never liked him and now I like him even less. If he has mental issues thats one thing, but just not being able to take criticism is ridiculous.

THATHURMANATOR
09-10-2008, 10:17 AM
We are all different man. Some people take things way to personally/seriously. Take this board as example. If he is this hurt by playing football then give it up it just isn't worth it.

Dr. Pepper
09-10-2008, 10:18 AM
you could pay me one tenth of what Young gets, and not only could you boo me but you could throw rocks at me as i ran around the field too, provided i had on my helmet and cup.

Pinkerton Security
09-10-2008, 10:19 AM
you could pay me one tenth of what Young gets, and not only could you boo me but you could throw rocks at me as i ran around the field too, provided i had on my helmet and cup.

exactly. he is pampered. its not like his coaches are berating him and putting him down. its just the media. you have to have thicker skin than that to be a big-time nfl qb.

Dr. Pepper
09-10-2008, 10:19 AM
however, if his heart isnt into it then maybe quitting is the best option for him and his team. it would take some serious conviction to leave all that cash on the table.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2008, 10:23 AM
My heart hurts also. But I can't quit my job and endager the livlihoods of my employess.

Vince, go get some help and don't hvae your momma as your PR manager.

Bill Brasky
09-10-2008, 10:25 AM
“What would you think, if you were tired of being ridiculed and persecuted and talked about and not being treated very well, what would you do? What kind of decision would you make?” Felicia Young said “He may not want to deal with it (all), but you have to get to that point before you make that decision first.

yeah lady, it's called work. get over it. not all of us have the luxury of living off our kids.

justasportsfan
09-10-2008, 10:28 AM
what does Moran think of both Young and Lienert now?

Jan Reimers
09-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Besides his thin skin, Young is not a very good NFL QB, and even he might be smart enough to realize it.

BlackMetalNinja
09-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Already posted, merging with the thread in the NFL Zone...

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-10-2008, 10:33 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Al3VdRksXfyV29qvfswi39U5nYcB?slug=ap-titans-young&prov=ap&type=lgns

QB’s mother: Titans’ Young ‘hurting inside’

55 minutes ago

<form method="post" action="http://buzz.yahoo.com/vote/" class="buzzvote" target="_new"> <input name="from" value="orion" type="hidden"> <input name="assettype" value="article" type="hidden"> <input name="guid" value="urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,ap:20050301:nfl,article,ap-titans-young:1" type="hidden"> <input name="publisherurn" value="y_sports" type="hidden"> <input name=".crumb" value="K2FpRiKzujk" type="hidden"> <input name="votetype" value="1" type="hidden"> <input name=".done" value="/article/y_sports/urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,ap:20050301:nfl,article,ap-titans-young:1" type="hidden"><button type="submit"></button> </form><script type="text/javascript">function prev_photo() { if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index > 0) { goto_photo(YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index - 1); } else { goto_photo(YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_last_index); } } function next_photo() { if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index < YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_last_index) { goto_photo(YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index + 1); } else { goto_photo(0); } } function update_buttons() { /* if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index > 0) { YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass("article_carousel_prev", "prev"); YAHOO.util.Dom.removeClass("article_carousel_prev", "prev_disabled"); } else { YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass("article_carousel_prev", "prev_disabled"); YAHOO.util.Dom.removeClass("article_carousel_prev", "prev"); } if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index < YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_last_index) { YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass("article_carousel_next", "next"); YAHOO.util.Dom.removeClass("article_carousel_next", "next_disabled"); } else { YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass("article_carousel_next", "next_disabled"); YAHOO.util.Dom.removeClass("article_carousel_next", "next"); } */ } function goto_photo(p) { if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos) { for(i = 0; i < YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos.length; i++) { if (i == p) { YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos[i], "display", ""); } else { YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos[i], "display", "none"); } } if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_page) { YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_page.innerHTML =(p + 1); YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index = p; } } update_buttons(); } YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_init = function () { YAHOO.util.Event.addListener("article_carousel_prev", "click", prev_photo); YAHOO.util.Event.addListener("article_carousel_next", "click", next_photo); YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index = 0; YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_page = YAHOO.util.Dom.get("carousel_page"); YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos = YAHOO.util.Dom.getElementsByClassName("item", "div", "leadphoto"); if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos) { goto_photo(0); } } YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_init(); </script>
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—The mother of Titans quarterback Vince Young (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7752/;_ylt=AoIv5jF8JOxWgyvdntrGngIdsLYF) said he’s “hurting inside and out” and indicated he doesn’t want to play football.
Felicia Young said in Wednesday editions of The Tennessean that her son is tired of all the negativity he’s faced after being booed during a 17-10 win Sunday over Jacksonville. On Monday, Titans coach Jeff Fisher called police to help find him.
“What would you think, if you were tired of being ridiculed and persecuted and talked about and not being treated very well, what would you do? What kind of decision would you make?” Felicia Young said “He may not want to deal with it (all), but you have to get to that point before you make that decision first.\

I'll tell you what, if I was making as much money as this stupid a**, I would take the heat. What a pansy. I've never liked him and now I like him even less. If he has mental issues thats one thing, but just not being able to take criticism is ridiculous.

a pansy cause his hearts not with football? get the hell outta here dude..So what, i wouldnt wanna play for a team that would constantly boo me either, why would you even try? thats just dumb to say that he's a pansy..I for one believe he was forced into playing football, and i thought that he really never wanted to play football..Just because he cant take it? you like him even less? thats terrible man.

Bill Brasky
09-10-2008, 10:34 AM
[I]Young's agent said Tuesday afternoon there was no need for concern because the quarterback was at a friend's house watching football and eating chicken wings.

mikey's?

Agent007
09-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Whatever makes him happy.

If he's not happy, he shouldn't play.

Performances suffer from unhappiness.

Pinkerton Security
09-10-2008, 10:42 AM
a pansy cause his hearts not with football? get the hell outta here dude..So what, i wouldnt wanna play for a team that would constantly boo me either, why would you even try? thats just dumb to say that he's a oansy..I for one believe he was forced into playing football, and i thought that he really never wanted to play football..Just because he cant take it? you like him even less? thats terrible man.

no hes a pansy bc hes getting paid millions and cant handle getting criticized. I said, if you recall, that if its a mental thing and hes not into it, that thats different. and how is it terrible? If you could make millions to do something that is somewhat difficult, would you do it?

njsue
09-10-2008, 11:56 AM
When he wins a game his confidence will be restored. Tough Love.

RockStar36
09-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Did anyone hear about Young acting realy different around his family, then wasnt seen for a long time and his brother told police that he had a gun in his glove department.

Would that be similar to Wal-Mart having guns in their gun department?

trapezeus
09-10-2008, 12:31 PM
I could have told you the guy was depressed before his mom said anything. he was eating chicken wings in Tennessee. That honestly depresses me and i'm doing ok.

RingofFire
09-10-2008, 01:18 PM
I feel no sorrow for Vince Young. None. The guy is a cry baby. He can't handle being booed. And what he needs to do is tell his Mom to Shut the **** up. Telling everyone he needs love and support and not to be too tough on him. GUESS WHAT. You play bad you get booed. MAN UP you pussy. why is your Momma talking for you? you are not a CHILD.

He is talking about quitting. Talk about bailing on your team.

RockStar36
09-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Not that I had respect for VY before this, but it fell into the negatives after this. We're supposed to feel bad for a millionaire athlete because he was booed? Get real. It's part of the job. If he doesn't like it he can quit and get a real job like any of us and see how much he misses that great athlete lifestyle.