PDA

View Full Version : Zone Original: Devin Dombrowski

northernbillfan
09-10-2008, 08:13 AM
The Zone's own Rock Star has this weeks power rankings ready for perusing, discussing and debating:

I’m so thankful for several things this Tuesday. For one, real football has officially begun and I’m already tired of the coverage on ESPN. Two, for the first time in a few years the Bills won their home opener and did it in dominating fashion. What a great game to attend, even with all the rain and wind. Several major things happened this weekend, most of them to the powerhouses of the AFC. Is this the year things get turned upside down, or just a one week hiccup? Time will tell.

1. New York Giants (2): The Giants defense absolutely suffocated the lifeless Redskins on Thursday night, even without their top two defensive ends. If the defense continues to play like that they will be a very tough team to beat this season.

2. Dallas Cowboys (5): Dallas did what we all expected…a somewhat easy win in Cleveland. They have the tools to be a playoff team and possibly a Super Bowl team but we’ll have to see if all the personalities can continue to mesh.

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/09/10/rock_stars_power_rankings_week_one.php)

OpIv37
09-10-2008, 08:53 AM
I'd put Dallas ahead of NYG- they beat a better team on the road.

I'd bump Chicago up ahead of Buffalo for the same reason (I don't really think the Bears are better than the Bills, but based on week 1 results only, beating Indy on the road is more impressive than beating Seattle at home).

I'd swap St Louis with SF- I think the Rams are by far the most inept team in the league.

Other than that, looks good.

Dujek
09-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Good list. I might have dropped the Patriots another spot, and as Op said, the Rams are far and away the worst team in the NFL right now.

RockStar36
09-10-2008, 09:05 AM
I kind of agree with STL and SF, I must have gotten lazy towards the end. And I left NYG ahead of Dallas because they are still the defending champs and 1-0. Until they lose or Dallas beats them I see no reason to bump Dallas ahead of them. Plus I like to be different.