PDA

View Full Version : Bucky Brook's awards...

Pinkerton Security
09-10-2008, 10:56 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/bucky_brooks/09/09/awards.watch/1.html

Defensive Player of the Year

1. Albert Haynesworth, DT, Titans (4): Haynesworth is the most dominant player at his position, and his two-sack effort led a Titans' pass rush that constantly harassed David Garrard in the pocket.
2. James Harrison, OLB, Steelers (NR): The underappreciated Pro Bowl defender picked up where he left off a season ago with a three-sack performance against the Texans.
3. Mario Williams, DE, Texans (2): Although his two-sack effort was not enough to engineer an upset over the Steelers, it was the seventh time in the past eight games that Williams has registered at least one sack.
4. Marcus Stroud, DT, Bills (NR): He spearheaded a dominant defensive effort by the Bills. Though his stat line (six tackles and a half sack) doesn't jump off the page, he was an integral part of a pass rush that produced five sacks in a surprising rout of the 'Hawks.

Coach of the Year

1. Dick Jauron, Bills (NR): After overachieving a season ago on the way to a 7-9 record, the Bills opened the season with a dominant performance against a perennial playoff team, the Seahawks. Though few predicted a playoff berth for this young team, it appears poised to make a run at the division title.

I have never really liked this guy so i take this with a grain of salt (along with the fact that it is only week 2), just thought it was worth posting.

OpIv37
09-10-2008, 11:21 AM
didn't Bucky Brooks play for us about 12 years ago?

I think Jauron was given WAY too much credit for last year, but he did an amazing job on Sunday. A few more like that and I could see him winning COY.

Dr. Lecter
09-10-2008, 11:24 AM
He was a 2nd pick at WR in the early 90's (1992?).

He lasted one year and was cut. Faster than hell, but no WR skills. He ended up a db/st player in Green Bay.

Dr. Lecter
09-10-2008, 11:25 AM
BTW OP, who does get credit for a near 500 record last year after the injuries and a mess at QB?

bigbub2352
We drafted Bucky Brooks in the 2nd Rd out of North Carolina i think a long time ago, and he blew out his knee i believe then never stuck with us and we cut him, then he resurfaced as a CB for the Raiders and then i think he was a coach for DBs there as well
i could be wrong but i think that is how it went down
Now he writes for ESPN
ahh to be an NFL athlete

OpIv37
BTW OP, who does get credit for a near 500 record last year after the injuries and a mess at QB?

no one gets credit for a "nearly .500" record because it sucks.

Mr. Miyagi
09-10-2008, 11:32 AM
didn't Bucky Brooks play for us about 12 years ago?

I think Jauron was given WAY too much credit for last year, but he did an amazing job on Sunday. A few more like that and I could see him winning COY. Jesus Op if you don't watch it we might mistaken you as a homer. WTF.

OpIv37
09-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Jesus Op if you don't watch it we might mistaken you as a homer. WTF.

Like I've said all along, winning cures all. I only complain when the team gives me something to complain about.