X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Bills vs Jaguars

Just listened jaguars.com’s Vic Ketchman’s interview on wgr, and I found it to be very interesting for people who are into football strategies.

First, I’d agree with this guy that the loss of their guards would not be that big of a factor in terms of protection. Rather, they’ll miss one of their best road graders which will impact the running game.

I know regardless Jag’s starting guards’ health, the Bills just have to put stopping their runs at the very top of the priority list. Seattle is WCO and they pass a great deal. Jacksonville is the opposite. I highly doubt the Bills will have much of the D linemen standing around formation again, nor the 4 DE approach. They just have to be very disciplined because I suspect draws and screens will be heavily incorporated into Jaguars attack. Also Gerrard is a very smart QB and he can run.

Second, I’m surprised to hear that there is a little disagreement between Del Rio and Gregg on defense. In Vic’s words, Gregg wanted to bring more fancy pressure system as opposed to the long tradition of cover 2. The Jags got burned on an all out pressure play last week that gave Titans the deciding TD. So they might play more to the vest with a conservative cover 2 on D this week.

In that case, the onus will be on Trent and I had to think that’s exactly what they want, let the 2nd year QB beat them. I think they will play 7 in the box as they always do. Can the Bills beat them by jamming Marshawn down their throat (generally the best way to beat cover 2)? With that D-Line and our O-Line’s problem in run blocking, probably not. So now it’s up to Trent to hit the underneath stuff consistently to move the chain. Last year with Losman, after the cover 2 took away the long ball, we failed to hit the short passes accurately and consistently. Now it’s Trent’s turn. We’ll see indeed, if Trent is better passer than Losman on picking up a defense on the short to intermediate passing attacks, in a hostile environment.
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills vs Jaguars

Good post!!!
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
    X