PDA

View Full Version : with QB injuries, are teams asking for JP

trapezeus
09-10-2008, 12:00 PM
A couple teams are hurting for a QB right now. by next week there may be a couple more. do you think the phone is ringing at one bills drive and do you think there is a price that makes the front office pull the trigger?

I honestly think the FO is too conservative to give JP away for a pick at this point in the season. I think they're thinking is that if other team's starters got hurt we could too and they're going to be content with the luxury we have. But i feel like there may be a point where a desperate team could throw a player and a pick and the bills will think it over to fill their need. If someone offers a 2nd or 3rd pick plus a capable LB, maybe the bills have to mull it over.

The intent here is to talk about the bills FO thought process. not to flame JP.

OpIv37
09-10-2008, 12:03 PM
honestly I don't think I want the FO to get rid of JP unless it's a ridiculous offer. If Trent goes down for more than a game or two, do you trust Gibran Hamden? I'm not thrilled with JP but he's better and more experienced than Hamden.

If someone offered a 3rd and an LB for JP the FO would be stupid not to take it, but that's wishful thinking. We'd be lucky to get a 4th OR a LB straight up.

madness
09-10-2008, 12:08 PM
honestly I don't think I want the FO to get rid of JP unless it's a ridiculous offer. If Trent goes down for more than a game or two, do you trust Gibran Hamden? I'm not thrilled with JP but he's better and more experienced than Hamden.

If someone offered a 3rd and an LB for JP the FO would be stupid not to take it, but that's wishful thinking. We'd be lucky to get a 4th OR a LB straight up.

In other words... hold on to JP.

trapezeus
09-10-2008, 12:14 PM

That's why thebills are in the driver seat on this. Chris simms is signed, and harrington is signed. No one really else out there. if you are desperate and want someone, we might just have that guy. and at this point, there is no reason to give him up unless there is a nice offer. it depends on how desperate teams want to get.

i agree, this week, people aren't going to offer much because there are some journeymen out there. but in 2 weeks they'll all be gone and a desperate team has to talk themselves into "jp is done with buffalo, he plays well here and we got our man of the future." And perhaps a good offer is thrown our way.

justasportsfan
09-10-2008, 12:14 PM
I doubt anyone is going to give a 2nd for JP. Although the fins have been inquiring about Moorman.

OpIv37
09-10-2008, 12:16 PM
I doubt anyone is going to give a 2nd for JP. Although the fins have been inquiring about Moorman.

to punt or play QB? :snicker:

Mr. Miyagi
09-10-2008, 12:19 PM
There are still a few names out there in the FA market: Rattay, Harrington, Quinn, Henson. After that teams will just go with their current backups for the season because it's too late to have someone come in and learn their system.

JP will plainly be released after this season I think.

Jan Reimers
09-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Why would we give up a quality backup QB, who knows our system and is capable of winning, at this point in the season? We are sitting better than a lot of teams. Why give up that advantage?

trapezeus
09-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Because a team might give you something else you might need. linebackers are thin if there is an injury. blake Seinfeld or Costanza isn't exactly a+ material.

raphael120
09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
With all these injuries happening around the league, I think it's very important to keep JP. The Bills of all people know what can happen in just 1 game.

The Spaz
09-10-2008, 12:34 PM
All I want to know is why is it Hamdan going over plays and joking with Trent and Losman is nowhere to be seen? The only time I saw Losman is when he went over to Royal after his TD. Does Losman just hide in a corner or something?

Jan Reimers
09-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Because a team might give you something else you might need. linebackers are thin if there is an injury. blake Seinfeld or Costanza isn't exactly a+ material.
I think we can live with Costanzo (and Corto) at backup LB more easily than with Hamdan at backup QB.

bigbub2352
09-10-2008, 01:22 PM
No way do u get rid of JP now, Trent has issues with injurys so bad timing for this to trade him now
I was all in favor of getting rid of him in the offseason but now we dont have a capable backup vet with starter exp on the roster so no way do u get rid of him now
If we would have drafted a QB to be the 3rd and brought in a vet to be TEs backup then i would have been more than in favor of getting rid of JP
But now we keep our talent and our depth

yordad
09-10-2008, 01:32 PM
So, because team's are having QB injurys, some people think we should give away our backup? Um... isn't that backwords?

TacklingDummy
09-10-2008, 01:42 PM

Considering nobody wanted him before the draft, during the draft, or after the draft, I will find it hard to believe the Bills could get anything more than a 5th round pick for him. I'd rather keep him. 5th round picks are basically useless.

yordad
09-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Considering nobody wanted him before the draft, during the draft, or after the draft, I will find it hard to believe the Bills could get anything more than a 5th round pick for him. I'd rather keep him. 5th round picks are basically useless.Oh, and you must have the front office's phone tapped, right?

Ed
09-10-2008, 02:31 PM
JP is more valuable to us now then ever before. If Edwards goes down and we don't have JP, our season is over just like that.

trapezeus
09-10-2008, 02:37 PM
So, because team's are having QB injurys, some people think we should give away our backup? Um... isn't that backwords?

did you read what i wrote? I am not advocating giving away our backup. i am talking about other teams who are in need and may be willing to give more than the Bills front office would have expected. There is always a price where things become interesting.

The bills are in a great position compared to other teams.

justasportsfan
09-10-2008, 02:44 PM
to punt or play QB? :snicker:
qb of course.

justasportsfan
09-10-2008, 02:46 PM
If you give JP uo then that would be the position we would need. A proven back up qb.

Wally The Barber
09-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Buffalo is one play away from needing Losman too!

Some team would need to make a very generous offer.

Night Train
09-10-2008, 02:50 PM
There is only one time when you trade QB depth. When you're playing out the season (see Loser).

I'm not worried about crapshoot future draft picks. I'm worried about winning games in the present.

yordad
09-10-2008, 05:46 PM
did you read what i wrote? I am not advocating giving away our backup. i am talking about other teams who are in need and may be willing to give more than the Bills front office would have expected. There is always a price where things become interesting.

The bills are in a great position compared to other teams."some people think"