PDA

View Full Version : Donte's Latest Blog Post

Romes
09-10-2008, 11:09 PM
What's up YB? I've been really focused leading into the season, but I will keep you all updated from week to week! I wanted to tell everyone that this was one of my best games I have ever played! This is not because we won, but for many more reasons! One of the many reasons is WE ALL have ONE common goal! We have all bonded and we are fighting this war together! Offense and Defense are complimenting one another! Last but not least... OUR FANS, what more can I say! I will say this, it was their spirit, dedication and pride that motivated us! Our fans are rooting us on in the rain as if it was the sunniest day of the season. If you cant tell by now I love my team, coaches and all of the fans not only in Buffalo, but all around the world! Thank you and continue to support the Buffalo Bills!

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/Our_MotivationThe_Fans_WEEK1/331177

Sounds like moral in the locker room is high. :up:

edit: morale is up, too. :D

TigerJ
09-10-2008, 11:15 PM
It's good to have high morals in the locker room with naked guys wandering around after the game when they are showering. High morale is a good thing to have too.

Romes
09-10-2008, 11:20 PM
It's good to have high morals in the locker room with naked guys wandering around after the game when they are showering. High morale is a good thing to have too.

:chuckle:

:ontome:

Ed
09-10-2008, 11:24 PM
I like Donte Whitner more and more everyday. It's really refreshing to see a professional athlete so passionate about his team and the fans.

FlyingDutchman
09-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Nice, been comin a big fan of Donte. Hes really becoming a leader

PromoTheRobot
09-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Nice, been comin a big fan of Donte. Hes really becoming a leader
Maybe that's why Marv "reached" for him.

PTR

The Spaz
09-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Nah he's a still an arrogant ***** /saracsm

LifetimeBillsFan
09-11-2008, 02:40 AM
And, if these quotes from the Buffalo News article on Whitner are true, there could be more reasons to like Whitner before the season is over:

“When we initially drafted Donte, I wanted him to understand the fundamentals and principles of the defense,” defensive coordinator Perry Fewell said. “He’s been in this system for two years now, so as he grows I want to allow him to grow within our defensive system. He’s a very talented young man, so I can take advantage of his talents by moving him into multiple positions and doing different things that enhance our ability to be aggressive.”

The Bills wanted to turn Whitner into an all-purpose defensive threat last season. Fewell wanted to put Whitner in situations where he and free safety Ko Simpson would be interchangeable.

But those plans changed when Simpson was lost for the season with a broken ankle in the opener. Injuries also diminished depth at cornerback, linebacker and on the defensive line.

Because of the Bills’ struggles in stopping the run, Whitner had to play a lot at the line of scrimmage like an extra linebacker. He even lined up as the nickel cornerback on some passing downs.

“Because of all the injuries, we just didn’t have the pieces in place to do the things we wanted to do,” Whitner said. “I played in the box maybe more than I would have if we had all our guys on defense...."

"Now that the defense is healthy and upgraded with talented reinforcements, the Bills are ready to unleash Whitner by putting him into a position to make the kind of game-changing plays for which Sanders and Polamalu are known.

“I definitely think he has all the attributes to do what Sanders and Polamalu do,” Fewell said. “As I study those guys and different teams throughout the season I view him in that light. If you’re asking do I see Donte’s game expanding to that type of capability, yes, definitely.”

“I’m excited,” said Whitner, who had six tackles and a pass breakup during the Bills’ season-opening 34-10 rout of Seattle. “My packages have expanded as far as me blitzing and showing one thing and doing another. I’ll have an opportunity to roam back there, have opportunities for some interceptions and big hits and get guys lined up. I’m enjoying it.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/435575.html

It will be very interesting to see what Whitner can do this season if the rest of the defense stays healthy around him.

It would really be terrific to see the Bills have a nationally recognized top-flight player who is not only a team leader, but a big fan of the fans of the team as well.

njsue
09-11-2008, 04:45 AM
:cry: tears of joy that the bills finally got leadership and identity.

This is so beautiful. :up:

LtFinFan66
09-11-2008, 05:26 AM
He's a Buckeye....nuff' said

casdhf
09-11-2008, 05:38 AM
He types like Wally!

Dujek
09-11-2008, 05:41 AM
The guy seems to have a real passion, not only for the game but for the Bills. Easily one of my favourite players on the team.

madness
09-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Again, I've always had a very high opinion of Matt Hasselbeck and how he manages the game. He's very efficient and doesn't make to many mistakes but this defense had him flustered last week and he more or less admitted it!!

I can only imagine what Whitner and Co. will do against an avg. QB. Wow, I forgot what it feels like to be completely stoked for Sunday football!!!

I absolutely love a dominate defense more then anything in football and if their play carries over from last Sunday to the next, we're definitely heading in that direction.

trapezeus
09-11-2008, 11:09 AM
i've been saying thsi for sometime, but it was evident the most last year. The bills defenders hated playing pretty well for a half last year and watching the team come off with no points and no time killed last year. and they wore down. i think they lasted longer last year as the offensive drives had some rhythm under trent last year. But there was still alot of frustration that points weren't going up.

Now, i think if the offense really is capable of putting up 2 TD's a game and be efficient like JP's Colts drive for 10 minutes or Trent's efficiency in the latter part of the seahawks game, the defense will be able to hold teams to 0-10 points. Plus you throw in a special teams threat every now and then, and this defense has a lot of pressure being taken off of it.

i love the fact these guys are a team. not a spattering of individuals who want out of buffalo

El Guapo
09-11-2008, 02:22 PM
He's a Buckeye....nuff' said

Does that mean he won't be able to win the big one?

Just kidding. Couldn't resist. Good luck Saturday.

BillsPride12
09-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Donte seems to have alot of Darryl Talleyism in his body, which is great. Its about time this team had some proud, passionate players. Its not just Donte either, you have Poz, Stroud, Mitchell, Marshawn, these are all football players. I love it, we are in for an exciting season.

RingofFire
09-12-2008, 06:14 PM
OP is gunna get pissed when he sees this thread. BEWARE

Rockingham01
09-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Yes, the Bills played a great game, but against a team decimated by injuries and suspensions. The Jags also are banged up on the O-line. I know that injuries are no excuse in the NFL, that each position must have a go-to guy to step up when starters go down. Unfortunately, most of the time, that only looks good on paper. Nevertheless, the Bills have an exceptional team, and we will face teams at full strength this season, and those games will be a good indicator of where the team is in the grand scheme of things.